> House Rule / idea for Unwired: AR via full VR
HentaiZonga
post May 16 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,884

AR via Full VR
Most locations in the Wireless are "geocoded", an advanced 3D mapping protocol that encodes real-world 3D architectural and geographical data into the Matrix. Thus, characters in full-VR may project their Persona icon into the real world as an ARO, moving it around as they would in the Matrix. They can only perceive objects by their ARO and DOT information, and cannot see anything occurring in the "real world" without access to some sort of physically present sensor system. Thus, they can "see" the Persona icons of any character whose PAN is publicly broadcasting, but anyone who stops broadcasting simply "disappears". They are incapable of physically manipulating objects, but may attempt to hack nodes near their Persona icons as normal. Mages and Technomancers have had many bemused discussions on the similarities between this process and astral projection.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 16 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Ever read a LARP called Cyberworld?

Actually, I should probably call it CYBERWORLD.

(Trust me, it's funny if you've read it.)

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post May 17 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (Aaron @ May 16 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Ever read a LARP called Cyberworld?

Actually, I should probably call it CYBERWORLD.

(Trust me, it's funny if you've read it.)

Ah, Cyberworld - man, that's a hard read due to their font-choice...

Actually, much of Cyberworld's mechanics (and some background elements) is simply a slightly modified copy of Cyberpunk 2020.

In CP2020 the core real-world/cyberspace area mapping system (and iconography standard) is called Ihara-Grubb Transformation Algorithms, introduced in 2014 (or 1990 IRL). Background-wise the IG Algorithms are for CP2020's Net what the Universal Matrix Specification was for SR's Matrix.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.