IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Threading House Rules, Ways to make it work...
Nightwalker450
post May 19 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,720

First off I missed the Q&A chat over the weekend, and haven't got a transcript yet. So if anything was brought up regarding Techno's I've yet to read it.

I'm considering a new houserule for threading to make it more GM and Player friendly...

To thread choose a rating up to Software skill, and resist fading accordingly. New threads have the rating, improved complex forms increase by that rating (but not over RES x 2). If the new rating of the Complex form exceeds Resonance its Physical, otherwise Stun.

I'm just getting rid of that software test, since it seems to be a ridiculous roll. It takes no time, and you don't have to take any of the hits if you don't want to. This of course limits Technomancers to only creating Complex Forms up to 6 (without aptitude), when they don't already have the complex form, but thats within reason. Also here is once your resonance hits 7, you'll never be able to hit that Cap threaded complex form (14). But the current way your less than likely to get +6 to a thread until your resonance reaches 12 (without edge).

Anyone else have any ideas for this, or done any different house rules? That make techno's playable, and yet not over powering general systems too much?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post May 19 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i think that's a reasonable house rule. if you feel really badly about the cap, you can always introduce a new echo, after all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post May 19 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,720

QUOTE (Jaid @ May 19 2008, 10:56 AM) *
i think that's a reasonable house rule. if you feel really badly about the cap, you can always introduce a new echo, after all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Maybe I'll just allow threading up to Software + Submersion, that'll allow you to hit the RES x 2, and allow you to create from scratch better than available programs. (Threading at these levels is pretty damaging anyways, so not really going to be a problem)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.