Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirit in flesh form init?
MadPiper
post May 20 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,749

In a living body, would a spirits init be reaction + init like a normal character? Or would it be whatever the init was normally for that spirit type? Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 20 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

The description says that the flesh form retains the abilities of the host, natural and augmented, which I imagine includes the host's Initiative and Initiative Passes. The bus is still there, it's just somebody else driving.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post May 20 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Initiative is a calculated characteristic. A Fleshform spirit's Initiative is its Intuition plus its Reaction as normal. And yes, this can be a very large number.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 20 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Frank, are you at all implying that the rules for Possession as far as a living vessel's Physical attributes are concerned also apply to spirits using Inhabitation? I ask in the interest of clarity for new players.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post May 20 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Aaron @ May 20 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Frank, are you at all implying that the rules for Possession as far as a living vessel's Physical attributes are concerned also apply to spirits using Inhabitation? I ask in the interest of clarity for new players.

Yes. Street Magic, page 100, sidebar.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 20 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #6

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ May 20 2008, 02:50 PM) *
Yes. Street Magic, page 100, sidebar.

Yeah, I read that. The bit that says, "A spirit which attains a good merge with its vessel becomes a near perfect flesh form. The combined entity retains all of the memories, abilities, and skills (both Active and Knowledge) of the host, and its appearance is virtually indistinguishable from that of the original vessel. A flesh form spirit is a dual natured creature (p. 287, SR4), has Immunity to Normal Weapons (p. 288, SR4), any of the vessel's natural and augmented abilities, and also gains the powers of Realistic Form (p. 102) and Aura Masking (p. 98)," right? I'm not seeing the part where the host's Physical attributes are enhanced by the spirit's Force. I see it under hybrid form, but not flesh form. Am I missing something?

+Quote Post
MadPiper
post May 21 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,749

right? I'm not seeing the part where the host's Physical attributes are enhanced by the spirit's Force. I see it under hybrid form, but not flesh form. Am I missing something?

If I remember correctly, the part under hybrid applies to flesh form as well. Well, the bonus's anyways. They didn't repeat to save space I think.

The reason I wanted to clarify about the Init with flesh form stuff is because of the vessel examples they give in SM. They did not add up like a normal characters would, nor does materialized spirits init either. So I had to ask to see if I was doing it wrong.

Also as a clarification, this means the flesh form spirit will have 1 init pass instead of the permanent two correct? And if it has the improved reflex spell(if it were a free spirit), it can attain 2 or higher if it makes the check?

Thanks for the input, as always, much appreciated!

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post May 21 2008, 05:08 AM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Yes, Flesh Form is a continuation of Hybrid Form. This was more obvious back in previous editions and the initial draft when the flesh form was called a "good merge flesh form" and the hybrid form was called a "hybrid form flesh form." The new nomenclature is way easier to say, and was introduced at the last minute by editing. So the body of the text acts like the old clumsy legacy nomenclature was being used and only the differences between flesh forms and hybrids needs to be stated.

Sorry about that.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 21 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Mr. Johnson

As the rules are currently written, only the hybrid form gets the increases to Physical Attributes. Sounds like an excellent candidate for errata bait; somebody should suggest it to Synner.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.