IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help me stat something up., Players from Greenhorns in Seattle stay out.
imperialus
post May 20 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 769

Last chance Seraph, Joel, Mickle, Dusty and Nigel. Seriously don't click the spoiler tag, this has some metaplot stuff your characters don't have a clue about yet.

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post May 20 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
imperialus
post May 21 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

hrm... Try a different tack here.

What's the TM build in the BBB like in play? If I upped the stats a bit to give her some better combat capabilities would she be a pretty decent TM?

+Quote Post
Jaid
post May 21 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (imperialus @ May 21 2008, 03:18 PM) *
hrm... Try a different tack here.

What's the TM build in the BBB like in play? If I upped the stats a bit to give her some better combat capabilities would she be a pretty decent TM?

no, not really. honestly, if you want decent, give her a resonance of 4 (cap of 5 until she initiates) assume she has most of the CFs you always need (armor, attack, edit, browse, exploit, etc) and a decent set of skills with software. she won't be nearly as good as a chargen hacker, but you do want to allow some room for a chargen hacker to show up and not be totally schooled i assume (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) for cyber, i'd say give her an autoinjector with some combat drugs in it (poor man's initiative booster), maybe some skillwires, and give her decent combat skills (if she has a decent agility, she'll only need 3-4 in her combat skills).

but really, if you want a technomancer who can handle all of those areas competently (or even near competently) she's gonna be way beyond chargen limitations... she just still won't be all that impressive. you really need to min/max to get anything out of TMs worth their cost.

a better solution, imo, would be to just make her a regular hacker/rigger/razorgirl who at one point had AIPS, but is not actually a technomancer (even if she is suspected to be one). this means you can still run the team through the events in emergence, but leaves you with a much more plausible NPC in terms of what they can do... it is entirely believable for a hacker to be a rigger on the side and have some decent combat skills. a technomancer is pretty much just a technomancer, and may even be limited to just one aspect of being a technomancer... trying to also be a combat character is just really hard to believe, imo, since they have to be so focused on technomancering just to be good at what they do. but either way, it's your game... play it how you like.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post May 22 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Fortune
post May 22 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Nice! I might just steal that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
imperialus
post May 22 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Very cool idea.

Still, I'm leaning towards Jaid's idea ATM. I've played more than a few hackers so I'm a bit (a lot) more familiar with them. I actually have a combat hacker statted up for a previous campaign that I can modify without much trouble.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

+Quote Post
Cain
post May 22 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #8

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

No reason why you can't do both.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.