> Cyberlegs, Something I wrote up today
Chrysalis
post May 22 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,048

Claudia Ciuti Cyberlegs

Vogue visionary legware reflects the dynamic passion and energy that defines the image of Claudia Ciuti. Hip, fun and fashionable, Claudia Ciuti brand legware are available in a rainbow of contemporary styles sporting the latest trends in materials, colors, shapes and detailing.

Claudia Ciuti takes us back to the early 1920's When Milan symbolized both fashion and elegenace. In the mid 1950s Claudia Ciuti moved from making open-toed shoes to the more adventurous stiletto heel. From the very beginning the company has been based on a solid family structure passing on the Ciuti tradition with enthusiasm and passion. Throughout the years the company has dedicated much time and effort in the research and treatment of their materials.

Their current spring lineup of 2070, dubbed "Deco Details for Her" is a match of both new and original designs from Claudia Ciuti's origins. Demonstrating plenty of 1920s - 40s elegance and Art Deco-inspired elements merging with space-age materials and sophistication. The geometric shapes, curved lines and exotic influences that defined the era accentuate the stylized stiletto heeled foot in perfect contrast. Whether dallying with debonair men or kicking up your heels on the dance floor, nothing says woman more than a pair of Claudia Ciuti Cyberlegs.

Essence Capacity Availability Cost
Claudia Ciuti Cyberleg 0.80 5 12 100,000
alphaware (one leg)

Retractable spiked heel
Agility 3

The heels include reconstruction of the foot and heel, as well as balancing gyros in the hips to add extra stability. They have no more offensive capability than a pair of Italian stilettos.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 22 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

And I still have to wonder how women run in those things!

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post May 23 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

They don't. Hollywood just enjoys altering reality to fit whatever looks good on the screen.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post May 23 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #4

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Have the Heel foot retractable. Then they can run way and then carry on staggering.

+Quote Post
Jackstand
post May 26 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,298

I like it, except that the essence cost is way too low.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 26 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #6

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Jackstand @ May 25 2008, 10:03 PM) *
I like it, except that the essence cost is way too low.

Aye, for the cost it is better than Deltaware, so much so that I can only imagine that they would be extremely popular amongst heavily-cybered combat monsters. I suddenly have this mental image of a heavily-bearded, heavily-tattooed, and heavily-cybered man charging into battle with a Panther Assault Cannon in hand and ultra-feminine high-healed cyberlegs.

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post May 26 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

A full leg has essence 1 and a capacity of 20 for 15,000

The Claudia Ciuti Cyberleg (one leg)

Has an essence cost of 0.45 and a capacity of 10 for 50,000

For a a rewrite I would say that one leg would cost an essence of 0.75, capacity of 10, for 50,000 as they come pairs:

That would be 1.5 essence, capacity 2x10, for 100,000.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 26 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #8

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ May 26 2008, 12:47 AM) *
A full leg has essence 1 and a capacity of 20 for 15,000

The Claudia Ciuti Cyberleg (one leg)

Has an essence cost of 0.45 and a capacity of 10 for 50,000

For a a rewrite I would say that one leg would cost an essence of 0.75, capacity of 10, for 50,000 as they come pairs:

That would be 1.5 essence, capacity 2x10, for 100,000.

The problem isn't the essence to capacity ratio or really the essence to price ratio; it's the essence to leg ratio that produces the concerns.

Every other standard grade full limb costs 1 point of essence no matter how fancy they are, what accessories they have, or how much capacity they have.

Even with a cost of .75 essence, the the leg is at a middle-ground between alphaware and betaware with a price to match and grades can be further added onto that for even more essence cost reduction. There is no good reason for the combat monster who wants a bunch of cyberlimbs not to get these.

+Quote Post
HentaiZonga
post May 26 2008, 07:31 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,884

Awesome. I love this sort of thing.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post May 26 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

You could always balance these by letting them not be able to get augmented as much. Perhaps they are already considered modular or something, and can't be made Custom? That would knock out some of the modifications right there. Judging by the sound, these are the ones I've read about that are more slender and the like, perhaps beefing them up isn't much of an option. This way they can keep those costs, but you won't have large, hairy men running around in them(unless they want to for fashion, of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) simply because they have big limits onto how much you can beef them up. (Less Capacity slots, and perhaps a limit onto how much they can be pumped due to their delicate builds?)

Just a thought there. The idea of fashion limbs is awesome though. I'd get a pair of Arcade Hands™ so fast...

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post May 26 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Well this is easy.

The Claudia Ciuti Cyberleg (alphaware) (one leg)

Has an essence cost of 0.8 and a capacity of 5 for 100,000

It comes with:
Retractable spiked heel.
Agility 3

Fashion oriented games may involve giving a social skill bonus for the legs for a period of time.

The Raptor arcade hands (alphaware) (one lower arm)

Essence 0.45, capacity 2, Availability 12, cost 30,000

It comes with:
Agility 2

The user can add the agility as a skill bonus when playing video games or in situations involving manual dexterity. They are often bought in pairs.

+Quote Post
Sir_Psycho
post May 26 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,361

Why not have the cyber-stilletto as a capacity modification for some-one's cyberlegs?

Then it wouldn't cost essence, unless you wanted to have the heel implanted into your meat legs. The agility upgrade would be a separate mod that you could get (probably a package deal).

Now the raptor arcade hands would be an excellent cyber-hand modification, like the body + tech verticalist. It could provied one or two extra die for physically manipulating electronics, using the artisan skill for things that require tight coordination like drafting or guitar picking. Probably more like "steady hands" or something like that.

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post May 26 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

In the words of a representative Patek Philippe (exclusive men's chronographs) when asked what is the difference between a Patek Philippe chronograph and a digital watch. "The difference between a cheap digital watch and a Patek Philippe chronograph cannot be measured in terms of time keeping, but in terms of the prestige that one knows to belong to an elite set of clients around the world where their choice in timepieces is exclusively theirs." (paraphrased from memory).

What is the difference between generic and a prestigious brand? In terms of function a hefty pricetag. In terms of fashion - everything.

-Chrysalis

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post May 26 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

I'd stat it out differently, treating it as an optimized cyberlimb.

Fashion limbs, +50000. Always added in pairs because symmetry is so important. How does the first level of plastic surgery work? I don't have my books, but I'd add the +1 die to the same checks that gets added to. The leg version includes the high heel thing you've got going. The hands are specially adapted for more graceful, elegant motions, as well as subtly longer fingers and perfect nails.

+Quote Post
HentaiZonga
post May 26 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,884

If we're going to go that route, they're just Optimized Cyberlimbs that give a +1 bonus to Con (Seduction) rolls.

+Quote Post
Pendaric
post May 26 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,047

Devil is in the detail. Right?
The concept of these fashion cyberlimbs is a good one. I believe something similiar was in one of the chrome books for CP2020.
If the stat's are unsettling however you can always move them to fluff due to the essencial stylistic element.

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post May 27 2008, 03:29 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 26 2008, 08:48 PM) *
If we're going to go that route, they're just Optimized Cyberlimbs that give a +1 bonus to Con (Seduction) rolls.

Yeah, except that it would only work on the sort of people who find that attractive. Now that I have my books in front of me, I'd apply the biosculpting social effects rules from the sidebar on p. 61, augmentation.

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post May 27 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

Im just curious as to how these legs wouldnt be obvious.. cause a stiletto coming out of your heel is pretty damn obvious to me

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post May 27 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Pendaric @ May 26 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Devil is in the detail. Right?
The concept of these fashion cyberlimbs is a good one. I believe something similiar was in one of the chrome books for CP2020.
If the stat's are unsettling however you can always move them to fluff due to the essencial stylistic element.

Chrome Book 3, Romanova Cyberlegs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:17 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.