> Season Finale!, I'm going all out...
DocTaotsu
post May 23 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,601

First,

Thank you Dumpshock, you guys have really helped me get a bunch of newbies into Shadowrun and roleplaying in general. Your advice has, for the most part, be instrumental in providing my players with a fantastic game experience and that rocks.

So...

This is my games season finale. One of my players in deploying in a couple weeks and I've told the story I've wanted to tell.

So it's time to bring it all home for one last run before they turn out the lights (and start playing SR4 Blue Planet). So I appeal to DS for some help constructing approrpriate challenges in this final 2 part game.

The Team:
~460bp builds (They started at 400)
1. Human Shaman following a voodoo tradition. Force 7 guardian spirit bound.
2. Ork "Bruce Lee" Adept. He recently kicked an NPC in the head for a final value of 17DV. I'm letting him initiate for this last game.
3. Drone rigger. I've given him 250k and said "Go to town".
4. Dwarf skills guy
5. Human Former SpecOps guy with monowhips and heavy weapons
6. One other person who hasn't decided on what character he wants to run just yet.

The setting is the island of Okinawa. An island that has reclaimed it's shores (mostly) from the Japanese and Americans. The only urban area that has surived is a portion of the capital city at the southern end of the island, the rest of it... wild jungle, abandoned military bases, and natives and shisa dogs.

I've got a general plot but I'm looking for some good tactical battles as they work their way up overgrown highways towards the northern and wild end of the island. What are the most dastardly critters and metas you've thrown at your players? Particular fire team organizations? Super weapons or weapons used in an exciting and horrifying fashion? All that good stuff.

Thanks ahead of time for the help. You all have been a huge help in this game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emperor Tippy
post May 23 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,346

You could send some of my clone soldiers at them.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post May 24 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

Ok I have two ideas. but basically I'd build on Okinawa's history. The bastard step child of Japan. They are treated as Japanese, but looked down on by the Japanese, like hicks or rubes. In WW2, a century before SR4 it was the scene of bloody fighting between allied and Imperial troops. It was also the place where you first see large numbers of Japanese troops surrendering, a great dishonor. The ground in some places is still cut with warrens of Japanese defenses, tunnels and such(and if it's ont in RL maybe it is in SR, you been over all the shore?). who knows what moved into those? Could some corp be using them as a lab having fixed them up? A group spying on a corp ? Ever see the anime "Blood+"? An evil corp is growing vampires on Okinawa as weapons, just change them to bug spirits in a jungle setting and a corp that thinks they're in control and you're good to go.
or

Go a little south of Okinawa. There's an island call Iwoto. Home to few people, a MSDF base and a dormant volcano. Maybe leads on Okinwawa popint to the main lair/base/lab on Iwoto. The water there has to be purified, it's stagnant and evil smelling form the volcano.

If you use this, make sure you use only the name Iwoto. It is very old. Recently it was restored to this by the Japanese govenrment in Tokyo. Iwoto is the name the natives used. They wanted it brought back. Use that name until it's too late for the players to turn back. The other name for Iwoto, the name that appeared on Imperial Navy maps from the turn of the last century until this century? The place where there are even more extensive tunnels and defenses for something to take refuge? Maybe the hold out for a hive on the crest ofg the volcano? Iwo Jima.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 24 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Two words: running gunfight.

This way, you can start in one tactical situation and end up in another with the change of terrain.

+Quote Post
tech2.0
post May 24 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 15,996

Thrown in a second runner team vs the team till the bugs show then both work to beat the bugs back, then back to the fight.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 24 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #6

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

The opposition is being led by a clone of Jubei Yagyu, trained to be the deadliest mundane swordsman in the world, and then has his brain cut out and place in a heavily-modified Tomino.

Skills
Pilot Anthroform 6 (8) (Tomino +2)
Blades 7 (9) (Nodachi +2)
Clubs 4
Unarmed 4
Throwing 5
Firearms Group 4
Gymnastics 5
Dodge 5
Perception 6
Influence Group 3
Stealth Group 4

Mental Stats
Intuition 6
Logic 5 (8)
Charisma 5
Willpower 7

Edge 4

'Ware
Delta Reflex Recorder 2 (Blades)
Delta Reflex Recorder 2 (Pilot Anthroform)
Delta Cerebral Booster 3

Positive Qualities
Aptitude (Blades)
Exceptional Attribute (Willpower)
Ambidextrous
Guts
Martial Art (Kenjutsu) [+2 dice to attacks with Blades, +1DV with Blades, +1 Parry]

Manuvers
Iaijutsu
Two Weapon Fighting [being a troll-sized combat Robot, Jubei can dual-wield Reach 2 weapons, suffering -1 dice and -1DV]
Multi-Strike
Set-up
Finishing Move
Break Weapon
Watchful Guard
Blind Fighting

Negative Qualities
Delusions (Is the real Yagyu Jubei Mitsuyoshi)
Hallucinations (Tokugawa Iemitsu)

Tomino Modifications (In addition to standard)
Chameleon Coat
Pimped Ride 2 (Samurai Style)
Special Armor Modification (Nonconductivity) 6
+1 to Sensor Rating

Arms
+2 Strength (Both Arms)
Kali Modification (Both Arms)
Internal SMG (Smartgun X - Left Arm) [1 Magazine of Ex-Explosive Ammo]
Retractile Projectile Spur (Right Arm)
Shock Hands (Both Arms)

Head
Cosmetic Modification (Eyepatch)
Cosmetic Modification (Topknot)
Internal Pistol (Eichiro Hatamoto II -Behind Eyepatch) [1 Ex Explosive Slug]

Legs
Foot Anchors (Both Legs)
Magnetic System (Both Legs)
Sprinter Modification (Both Legs)

Sensor Package
Camera (x1) [Vision Enhancement 3, Low Light, Flare Comp, Smartlink, Thermographic]
Olfactory Sensor 6
Microphone (x2) [Audio Enhancement 3, Select Sound Filter 3, Spacial Recognizer]
Motion Sensor
Mad Scanner 3
Laser Range Finder

Equipment
Nodachi (x2)
Nitama Optimum II [2 Magazines of Tracer Ammo] [5 Shot Shells in Internal Magazine]
Flash Pack (DNI Controled - mounted on chest)

A strength 12 Cyborg dual-wielding Nodachis with a base dice pool of 19 and +9 bonus per attack in addition should give them a run for their money.

+Quote Post
JoelHalpern
post May 24 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,177

QUOTE (hyzmarca @ May 24 2008, 01:53 PM) *
'Ware
Delta Reflex Recorder 2 (Blades)
Delta Reflex Recorder 2 (Pilot Anthroform)
Delta Cerebral Booster 3

This may be a stupid question, but I didn't think you could get Reflex Recorders beyond 1? The BBB does not ascribe any grades or levels to Reflex Recorders. I didn't see such a thing flipping through Augmentation either. It would be mighty nice.

Yours,
Joel Halpern

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 24 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #8

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 24 2008, 02:16 PM) *
This may be a stupid question, but I didn't think you could get Reflex Recorders beyond 1? The BBB does not ascribe any grades or levels to Reflex Recorders. I didn't see such a thing flipping through Augmentation either. It would be mighty nice.

Yours,
Joel Halpern

You're correct. But the rules give GMs quite a bit of leeway when designing one-of-a-kind prototype NPC death machines.

+Quote Post
JoelHalpern
post May 24 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,177

QUOTE (hyzmarca @ May 24 2008, 03:24 PM) *
You're correct. But the rules give GMs quite a bit of leeway when designing one-of-a-kind prototype NPC death machines.

Fair enough.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something that useful in the RAW.

Thanks,
Joel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.