IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Agents Vs Hackers, Hackers are sometimes alot better than agents?
Columbo
post May 28 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,015

In a Rating 3 bit of gear - you can only run rating 3 programs. So, run 6 programs on that node, and its a bit... well rating 1? So the agents have 2 dice?

Be there as a hacker, and you have 1 (from your program) 4 from your skill group, 2 from hot sim, more from cyberware... (+1 from some cyberware brainboost that costs 0.75 essence = 8 dice.

Making in the best case the Hacker utterly win against agents.

In a more typical senerio, (Responce 3 device) the Hacker has 10 dice, against the agents 6. Still a massive advantage.

I think, anyway. (I'm not sure that Hackers or agents running on a comlink don't use that comlinks responce) Agents sent in as "drones" definitly use the devices stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post May 28 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,720

QUOTE (Columbo @ May 28 2008, 09:46 AM) *
I think, anyway. (I'm not sure that Hackers or agents running on a comlink don't use that comlinks responce) Agents sent in as "drones" definitly use the devices stuff.

The way I've read it is agents either work with your persona, or in a node. So basically the options are your commlink (and can only operate in places you are active), or you load them into the node to work (and you can leave). Agents from everything I've seen only appear to exist in one node at a time, unlike hackers who can load their persona into multiple places (and be vulnerable in multiple places).

As to whether hackers are affected by the nodes they are working on, that is kind of up in the air. Most people figure that the programs are run on the hackers commlink. So they would not be affected wherever they work. I'm iffy on this myself.

+Quote Post
Blade
post May 28 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

QUOTE (Nightwalker450 @ May 28 2008, 04:51 PM) *
The way I've read it is agents either work with your persona, or in a node. So basically the options are your commlink (and can only operate in places you are active), or you load them into the node to work (and you can leave). Agents from everything I've seen only appear to exist in one node at a time, unlike hackers who can load their persona into multiple places (and be vulnerable in multiple places).

Actually that's one interpretation, which I prefer but there's nothing that proves it right or wrong so it's hard to tell.
Anyway, agents as they are now are one of the big trouble with Matrix Rules and will need to be underused or patched up with houserules until Unwired comes out (at least).

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post May 28 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

There isn't anything to stop you from "operating" all your haystack comlinks in AR mode thus creating an avatar, loading those "avatars" up with agents and having a field day. Or did I miss something.

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post May 28 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (WeaverMount @ May 28 2008, 01:42 PM) *
There isn't anything to stop you from "operating" all your haystack comlinks in AR mode thus creating an avatar, loading those "avatars" up with agents and having a field day. Or did I miss something.

Missed nothing more than the rest of us... The rest of the rules that is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Unwired coming soon..

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 28 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

*Bounces with excitement at Unwired* Getting that one on PDF!!!

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post May 28 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Yeah, one is almost obliged to get that in digital. You think it will make the matrix playable?

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 28 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 8,314

QUOTE (WeaverMount @ May 28 2008, 02:02 PM) *
Yeah, one is almost obliged to get that in digital. You think it will make the matrix playable?

*sigh*

Can we just pretend that I said that I think it's playable now, and that we went back and forth a few times and then eventually got bored and stopped?

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post May 28 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (WeaverMount @ May 28 2008, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE (Aaron @ May 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *
*sigh*

Can we just pretend that I said that I think it's playable now, and that we went back and forth a few times and then eventually got bored and stopped?

It's playable as it is... I play a technomancer normally... But my GM is burnt out on having to make everything up on the fly and I can't really blame him. I've mostly been just sitting back and having everything I try and do get hand waived (unless fiated), because it saves time from having to make stuff up. I just want something for him so that I can maybe get back in the action, I'm practically an NPC.

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post May 28 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Aaron sorry about picking that scab. I will acknowledge that may players and play styles can use the matrix RAW. For those of us who like to use rules as a means extrapolate and explore a setting they are nigh worthless.

Now then let's all close our eyes and image having some back and forth out this topic and going straight back to enjoying our games exactly the way we were before!

+Quote Post
tsuyoshikentsu
post May 28 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,997

I invoke Godwin's Law. Now it's an imaginary flame war.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 28 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #12

Mr. Johnson

That'd only be true if you imagined you invoked Godwin's Law.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 28 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #13

Mr. Johnson

Ignore this post.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.