Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pilot View FPV 2400, More upcoming RL rigger toys
Kingboy
post May 30 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,907

So, via good old Boing Boing this morning I ran across this little piece of kit that looked like it could be terribly entertainging, the Pilot View FPV kit for remote control vehicles. It's basically a wireless camera and google system so you can watch from the "cockpit" view of whatever RC drone toy you are piloting. They even have an upcoming HUD unit you can add to the system for things like altitude, etc, and apparently an advanced version of that that will autopilot a self-levelling air unit back to the launch point.

I was also going to make some sort of smart ass joke about how I wondered how long it will be until we get a cheapo version of this in the Spy Gear toy line, after having seen the Mobile Spy Ear at Target one day, when I found out that they'd already beaten me to the punchline. Yup, that's right, for under $90 on sale (ok, not cheap for a toy perhaps, but all things considered) you can get a tiny RC car with a built-in wireless cam on it called the Spy Video Car (terribly clever naming system they have there).

Instead I'll just have to resort to snarky commentary wagering how long till either of these is involved in some sort of privacy invasion lawsuit...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post May 30 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (Kingboy @ May 30 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Instead I'll just have to resort to snarky commentary wagering how long till either of these is involved in some sort of privacy invasion lawsuit...

But "luckily" the company has a disclaimer* that says this is for entertainment and not for spying purposes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif)

Got to love a company that can cover its bases. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.