IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runners in Seattle, How many are out there?
Iota
post Jun 2 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,020

Seattle has about four million inhabitants (as an official number).

There is also a high number of SINless ones out there, but i can`t find the exact number right now.

What i `m wondering is: how many runners are out there (in Seattle)?

Any one wants to suggest some numbers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drogos
post Jun 2 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,746

Too fraggin many else the pay would be much better.

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Jun 2 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

4 Million registered inhabitants would mean
~2 Million unregistered inhabitants (estimate), of which I would guess
0.5% (10,000) Shadowrunners (Sinless)

Please note: estimates are the lowest I would guess. Actual numbers could be significantly higher.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Jun 2 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

I believe you may find this thread to be useful: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...numbers+seattle

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jun 3 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

QUOTE (Drogos @ Jun 2 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Too fraggin many else the pay would be much better.

"Right up,chummer. can't walk down the street without bumping into some one in the biz. Now, I remember back in '52 the only talent available was all diamond sharp. Frag, those where times, omae! I remember the time my chummer Burley got a new gyro-mount for his panther cannon. I'll never forget the look on his face when he turned real sharp on that stairwell and that cannon took him right through the wall and three stories to the ground . Good thing he was a troll...and landed on his head.

As for how many runners in Seattle. well you gotta take into account that Seattle still has a rep as "THE" place to do biz. Drek! seems every farm boy that falls off the soywagon picks himself up and calls himself a runner. Every unwashed, snot faced punk, corporate reject , or plain old criminal shows up here eventually .

That's why I retired and started teaching. More (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) sharing my vast knowledge and wisdom and hopefully keeping a some of the FNG's alive long enough so they can come back for more of my vast knowledge and wisdom..."

*a word from Chuck "Wormwood" DeGaulle, a street mage who was pretty famous in his day. ( at least in his own mind)* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
Iota
post Jun 3 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,020

Thx Muspellsheimr, i think your numbers might work.

First i thought they`d were to high, i mean 10000 runners = 2000 runner teams (assuming 5 team members) who would have at least on run per month... sounded high on the first glimps

But then i compared these numbers to reallife crime statistics and didn`t find it shocking anymore...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.