Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Cyberlimbs
psionghost
post Jun 4 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,870

Ok if someone could help explain this alittle to me, I have a question regarding cyberlimbs.

Now i've read other posts here in the forums regarding stats for the cyberlimbs, Now in BBB basicly it only allows so much room to increase stats above 3 (B/A/S) unless you have a cybertorso. Even then because of capacity it limits you to listed stats of 1-7 max. But ive read in other posts people saying they can get cyberlimb stats above that like 10 or 12?

Now is this in augmentation? I do not have that book yet hopefully it comes in tommorow or next week till i finally get it, So if someone could just give me some minor detail into this, and if it is in augmentation.

Thanks...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jun 4 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

The Cyberlimb rules in the BBB are for basically off-the-shelf 'wares, or production line budget models. The rules in Augmentation are designed for the more discriminating consumer, and are much better.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jun 4 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 185

Advanced Cyberlimb rules can indeed be found in Augmentation, these include customized, modular, and optimized cyberlimbs. They're some of the things I'm happiest about in the book.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Jun 4 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #4

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

I agree that the advanced cyberlimb rules in Augmentation is quite an improvement, but what would the harm be in starting the base stats of a cyberlimb as equal to the base character's?

+Quote Post
psionghost
post Jun 4 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 15,870

QUOTE (Synner @ Jun 3 2008, 10:46 PM) *
Advanced Cyberlimb rules can indeed be found in Augmentation, these include customized, modular, and optimized cyberlimbs. They're some of the things I'm happiest about in the book.

Wow, never thought you would reply to my post... sweet.

Anyways thanks (you too Fortune) I really hope my copy comes in tomorrow, I've been reading the forums here on some of the posts regarding the stuff from augmentation and I'm kinda pumped for that material.

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post Jun 4 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

QUOTE (Cain @ Jun 4 2008, 04:44 AM) *
I agree that the advanced cyberlimb rules in Augmentation is quite an improvement, but what would the harm be in starting the base stats of a cyberlimb as equal to the base character's?

Nothing, except that it would require changing the main rulebook. I thought the solution that they used was rather clever in both fixing the issue and not having to erratta the main rules at the same time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.