> 10 grand by 7PM or the man gets it, Or how to raise some dosh in record time
Chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,048

Greets,

I seem to be posting alot in this forum. I am not sure if its because I am unemployed or is it because of something else. Whatever.

My character is currently in a bit of a bind. Hard burn in the last mission meant forced relocation to somewhere less flammable. At the moment stuff is in boxes and everyone is snipy. The face, my character, has been given the task on making some money quick. Now I am not saying that my character is running with a cut-throat band of mercenaries, but when money is tight we all start eyeing each other in not the nice way.

So it is 7AM and a fresh face in the Seattle night life. How can a girl in her summer of youth gain a coll 10 grand of nuyen to impress her team mates and make sure she is not sold down to the local chop shop in the mean time. Anything goes.

Ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Jun 6 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

Triangle button cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Zak
post Jun 6 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,891

As brought up in other threads: This really depends on your skillset and your connections.

You stated you are a Face, which gives us something to play with. But Conjobs usually take some time.
Can you hack? This opens up alot of quick possibilities.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jun 6 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #4

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Step A: Walk into a bank.
Step B: Apply for a 10K loan
Step C: Pull out your gun and inform the loan officer that you'd really like it in certified cred before you leave.
Step D: Start making your low monthly payments.

If your face is good and has a that will pass inspection SIN, real or fake, you don't even need the gun.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jun 6 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 10:32 AM) *
I seem to be posting alot in this forum. I am not sure if its because I am unemployed or is it because of something else.

Dumpshock is very addictive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 6 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

If not a bank, a Lone Shark.

Or, find a Pimp, shoot him in the head, and present the Pimpmobile as worth far more than 10K (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) .

+Quote Post
Velocity219e
post Jun 6 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 2,622

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 6 2008, 02:27 AM) *
If not a bank, a Lone Shark.

Or, find a Pimp, shoot him in the head, and present the Pimpmobile as worth far more than 10K (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) .

Hell he said anything, a face must have the contacts to move a couple kidneys, a liver, one or two eyes and some other goodies no questions asked.

get the car / corpse / goodies from the ex pimp. I'd say you could get 20 - 30k easy, not something I'd wanna do regularly because it has its dangerous aspects, and if you get caught out you'll end up with an appauling reputation, but I'd certainly consider it in a pinch if I couldn't cheat rob and steal (social / stealth adept (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

This is about breaking into the business.

I have principle there are two types of criminal. Those who look like gangsters but behave like wankers and those who are gangsters but behave like professionals.

So again, my character is 28 year old Hungarian national washed ashore on the fair shores of Seattle, she is good with her tongue and is willing to do anything to make money - anything, that breaks her into the game. If it is playing a high-stakes game of poker then so be it. But it really should be about the money and not about being a punk with a gun who blows away someone's boy friday to only piss all over herself with the local constabulary and fellow shadowrunners.

As to walking in a bank and taking a loan. I suppose it would work if not all the SINless with fake SINs decided that Seattle is their London.

Her current team just got burned in another city. Everyone is a bit on the edge and nothing soothes like walking back to her team with a large wad of cold cash. You alright with my summarization of goals, aims, and targets?

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Jun 6 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 08:08 AM) *
This is about breaking into the business.

I have principle there are two types of criminal. Those who look like gangsters but behave like wankers and those who are gangsters but behave like professionals.

So again, my character is 28 year old Hungarian national washed ashore on the fair shores of Seattle, she is good with her tongue and is willing to do anything to make money - anything, that breaks her into the game. If it is playing a high-stakes game of poker then so be it. But it really should be about the money and not about being a punk with a gun who blows away someone's boy friday to only piss all over herself with the local constabulary and fellow shadowrunners.

As to walking in a bank and taking a loan. I suppose it would work if not all the SINless with fake SINs decided that Seattle is their London.

Her current team just got burned in another city. Everyone is a bit on the edge and nothing soothes like walking back to her team with a large wad of cold cash. You alright with my summarization of goals, aims, and targets?

Theres always prostitution

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Which I have to say I have not discounted it is just finding the johns at 2000 nuyen an hour.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Jun 6 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #11

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

what skills do you have? Do odd jobs build up contacts in the long term this means that you've got a good number of "friends" to fall back on. Short term walking to a club catering for rich corp kids blag your way in to his house kill him and loot, steal some thing or just ask for a gift. Keep him on good terms and you may even get a nice rich contact and some place to crash for free.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jun 6 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #12

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Billiards. Hustle Billiards.

+Quote Post
Chrysalis
post Jun 6 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 6 2008, 05:07 PM) *
what skills do you have?

Her speciality skills are in the influence group of charisma skills, as well as infiltration, perception, and medicine.

-Chrysalis

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Jun 6 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #14

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Odd jobs, and charming rich men are what I would do. Its legal prostitution you just go "I would really like <insert expensive item (or im just broke sob story losing the house ect.)>" and use edge on your roll and hope. asking for a car or a good comlink should get you some money even if that from selling the out dated version of the item as i can see if your using the guy a as ATM for a while he may wonder why you sold that 10k comlink he got you the other day.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 6 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 11:38 AM) *
Her speciality skills are in the influence group of charisma skills, as well as infiltration, perception, and medicine.

-Chrysalis

Sneak into a Gang with lots of Cybernetics, use Medicine skill to dope one of the thugs with lots of fancy toys, surgically remove them quickly, and find a Street Doc to sell them to.

+Quote Post
MaxHunter
post Jun 6 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

From: Montevideo, in the elusive shadows of Latin America
Member No.: 7,727

go to a high level nightclub, get a vip pass, con a corporate moron with a nice car into driving you home, sleep the guy with a dose of laes (which, of course, you should get beforehand) and sell the 60k car to a group of nice chop shop gentlemen (which you should have contacted earlier on) do this quickly before the owner wakes up and starts making phonecalls, you could get a nice 10k clean out of that. (and probably an enemy, so watch your back)
Cheers,

Max

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jun 7 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Jun 6 2008, 12:38 PM) *

-Chrysalis

I'm seeing a sneak/con your way into a hospital and make off with some chemicals kinda job. Even if the only things you get are antibiotics and pain pills they should bring a decent price in any street clinic.

Easiest would be a public General hospital since they are usually understaffed and quite chaotic most of the time. makes it easy for someone in a white coat to just walk in pick up some stuff and walk out.

+Quote Post
Velocity219e
post Jun 7 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 2,622

QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Jun 7 2008, 05:16 AM) *
I'm seeing a sneak/con your way into a hospital and make off with some chemicals kinda job. Even if the only things you get are antibiotics and pain pills they should bring a decent price in any street clinic.

Easiest would be a public General hospital since they are usually understaffed and quite chaotic most of the time. makes it easy for someone in a white coat to just walk in pick up some stuff and walk out.

Now thats a good one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) a backpack full of antibiotics and stuff, help the homeless and get your self a wedge too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
MaxHunter
post Jun 7 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

From: Montevideo, in the elusive shadows of Latin America
Member No.: 7,727

I like it too! and it's quite easy on the gm too; tell him to check out "critical care" iirc in the missions section of the sr page.

Cheers!

Max

+Quote Post
Method
post Jun 7 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #20

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Find a temp agency that hires out maids. Figure out which maids work for the rich folk, slip them a mickey and show up in their place. Jewelry would probably be the way to go- easy to conceal, easy to transport, high street value and virtually untraceable (assuming you don't steal any one piece that is ridiculously valuable). People also tend not to lock up their prescription drugs at home.

"The agency sent me over because Juanita called in sick... Where do you want me to start?"

+Quote Post
JudgementLoaf
post Jun 8 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 15,945

Blackmail.

Get attached to some high-rollers arm over the course of an evening, dig out all his/her dirty secrets and then sell them off to the highest bidder. You might even find a another run that way, a way for the team as a whole to make a LOT more cash in the long run.

+Quote Post
masterofm
post Jun 9 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 15,640

Steal

a

limo

nuff said. Even if you get 10% of it's value your set.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 9 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (masterofm @ Jun 8 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Steal

a

limo

nuff said. Even if you get 10% of it's value your set.

Make sure you're playing Alice Cooper's "Steal That Car" while doing it. Gives it a Classical Music Touch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Jun 9 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #24

Shooting Target

Member No.: 14,433

find a drug dealer(#1).
shoot said dealer in the head.
loot the body.
pocket the cash.
take the drugs to the next dealer(#2) over and offer to sell him the bloodstained drugs at a discount.
go to the next dealer(#3) over.
shoot said dealer in the head.
loot the body.
pocket the cash.
take the drugs to the next dealer(#2) over and offer to sell him the bloodstained drugs at a discount.
lather.
rinse.
repeat.

+Quote Post
Sir_Psycho
post Jun 9 2008, 02:56 AM
Post #25

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,361

Why do posters repeatedly suggest stealing a car? She's a face, not a rigger or tech expert capable of stealing a car. She's also not a hacker, so she can't cover the datatrail that would be involved in stealing a car.

It's 7am, so it's too early to really start exploiting people at bars. Perhaps find an exclusive cafe on the waterfront full of wealthy corporate sharks, and squeeze them for cash over their eggs benedict. Pander to their affluent sense of bravado, and make them feel like they have to make their wallet work to charm you. If they fall for it, and feel the need to bed you and be late for work, dangle them on a thread and then hit them with an ultimatum. Something like "Ooh, I like the look of that diamond necklace/car/Designer clothing/etc. give it to me and I'll give you what you want". Once you're done with them, fence whatever you seduced out of them with a callous cool.

Hell, with your charisma and social DP's, you could get a quick job as a waitress at a nice hotel/restaurant/cafe, and easily make a couple of thou in tips.

But perhaps you're coming at this from the wrong angle. The way shadowrunners make money is shadowrunning, which is a team sport. You, as the face, can probably prove your worth to the team better through your facility as a face. Contacts. Contacts are expensive, and coming back to the group with 10k in cred pales in comparison to coming back and saying "I've got us a reliable ID manufacturer, and he's willing to give us a 30% discount when we buy in bulk". Just think of contacts that would be useful for the team and go hunting. Corp execs, researchers, even paper-pushers and secretaries are good corp resources. Fences, mechanics, ID manufacturers, gangsters, gangers, armorers, hackers, fixers, etc. Go open up some new oportunities for the team to get some new and valuable friends, and they'll be grateful.

Given that I'm pretty sure you're talking about Vera, feel free to enlist Beta's help if you're going to run any cons, as a dedicated hacker backing you up should prove invaluable to subterfuge. Anyway, Beta and Vera seem to have a decent rapport going, despite their huge dissimilarities. They are the only europeans on the team, though, and Vera did buy Beta a pack of cigarettes. Also, I'm bored, and wouldn't mind putting my hacking DP's to the test.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:38 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.