Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matrix question, Nodes
Jayhawk1106
post Jun 6 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,860

I'm just wondering how nodes work. I understand how to hack and everything, but what confuses me is how nodes work. What I mean is, for example, you're breaking into a building, is it just one node for the entire place or is it like, one node for the door, one node for the cameras, one node for another door. Like that? Just want to understand. Thanks for the help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deek
post Jun 6 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,814

Its open to your GMs interpretation.

I've run it simply by making a single building be all one node. I've also divided each floor into nodes. I've also had one node for security/surveillance, one node for office files and one node as the entry node with some little extra defense.

Point is, a node could be anything, from a single door to an entire multi-location company...just depends on what your GM wants to do and how complex/important he's wanting the matrix action to be.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 7 2008, 05:16 AM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Have you had a chance to listen to the audio example of a Matrix intrusion?

+Quote Post
Earlydawn
post Jun 7 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,766

Also note that you can have (to the best of my understanding) nodes within nodes. This may be the most reasonable idea for some kind of corporate compound, as it's hard to imagine a corporate owned building operating without any kind of network hierarchy. Unwired will also supposedly add node classifications, which I'm betting will create some kind of structure for systems that have no business being peer-to-peer mesh, like said megacorp facility.

Oh yeah, and I'm also hoping that Unwired comes out within two weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.