Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upcoming books, What and When ?
JesterX
post Jun 10 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

What are the upcoming SR products and where are they due?

I'm especially waiting for Unwired... any "approximate street date" ? Do they released a preview/table of content?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jun 10 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

Unwired, Ghost Cartels, Feral Cities, Cities of Intrigue.

Approximate street dates are never announced. Previews are posted on shadowrun4.com in PDF form. They come out when they come out.

Edit to add: Runner's Companion and Running Wild.

+Quote Post
Casper
post Jun 10 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,002

But I get the feeling that we should be hearing something soon.

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Jun 10 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

Unwired has been coming out any minute now for the last...four weeks? So one supposes it will be soon.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 10 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

"When it's done!"â„¢

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 11 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

How long have we been waiting for Duke Nukem with that release date???

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jun 11 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

Seem to remember seeing "a book off to the printers" without being named a week or two ago on twitter feed. Just hoping internally it was Unwired, at long last.

+Quote Post
Earlydawn
post Jun 11 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,766

I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on with Unwired. It's been described as imminent for a month and a half, now. The Twitter seems to imply that the majority of Shadowrun-related work is currently on books farther down the line, and they said they were looking at Unwired finals two weeks ago. If it's not this week, I'm just assuming that they're waiting to have the physical book in the warehouse before they release the PDF. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/question.gif)

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Jun 11 2008, 04:00 AM
Post #9

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Nah. The universe is, when you come down to it, hilarious. What would be the most ironic thing to have happened to Unwired?
That's probably what happened.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Mordinvan
post Jun 11 2008, 04:38 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 15,912

Off the top of my head, someone managed to erase the master electronic copy of it. Quite possibly an external hacker

+Quote Post
Sir_Psycho
post Jun 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,361

Probably if Catalyst's wireless network went down and they couldn't send it to the printer.

+Quote Post
Blue eyes
post Jun 11 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,516

Hope to hear something soon too. If Catalyst really still expect to release 5-6 books in 2008 as indicated in the latest chat, check out page one on the May chat transcript, then we should hear something soon I guess.

In the May chat we were told that the plan for whats left of 2008 is: Unwired, Ghost Cartelst, Feral Cities, Runner's companion, Vice, and Corp guide book. I've added Runner's companion to the list, since it was later said that it was left out by mistake. Thats alot of book basically 6 books in 6-7 months, but maybe that plan has changed.

Heres hoping they will be able to pull that off, but to me it sounds like a very tall order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Some sort of update regarding the release schedule would be great. And yeah it would be nice to hear when we can expect Unwired.

+Quote Post
Naptown Wendigo
post Jun 11 2008, 01:04 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 15,971

Maybe they're holding out for a release at the Origins convention?

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jun 11 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

I bet Unwired was sent to the printer and the preview copy came back using a Dingbat typeface. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Six or seven books in six months is a tall order and I'm not holding my breath on that statement. With the exception of Unwired (I'm sort of BSing the complicated hacker stuff with my players) I can wait patiently for the other proposed titles.

+Quote Post
Leofski
post Jun 11 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,667

Worth noting that, after unwired, most of the remaining schedule is fluffy. With the core rules out the door and 3 post unwired books required to meet the target, as on Corp Enclaves was technically released this year. I think that they can still be on target.

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Jun 11 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #16

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ Jun 10 2008, 11:00 PM) *
Nah. The universe is, when you come down to it, hilarious. What would be the most ironic thing to have happened to Unwired?
That's probably what happened.

-Frank

Hmm.

The proof PDFs sent to the printer somehow contained a virus that spread like wildfire through the printer's computer network, corrupting, well, everything?

The hard drive containing the compiled and fully edited master copy ate itself. Four times, maybe five. (They lost count.)

Someone spill coke on their keyboard.

-paws

+Quote Post
Earlydawn
post Jun 11 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,766

Wasn't Unwired and Arsenal originally scheduled for last year anyway? I just wish there was more information, particularly when the die seems to be cast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 12 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #18

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Earlydawn @ Jun 11 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Wasn't Unwired and Arsenal originally scheduled for last year anyway? I just wish there was more information, particularly when the die seems to be cast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)

Arsenal and Unwired were originally scheduled for last year, until FanPro stopped publishing and we took over Shadowrun, yes ... and within our first year of operation, we've delivered almost as many Shadowrun books as FanPro did in the previous two years.

We've been awful quiet lately because I had a visitor in from out of town and previous to that I was working stupid insane hours trying to get Tactical Operations out the door, and for that I apologize. However, we are not changing our plans of _not talking about things_ until we have worthwhile and informative news to share. When we have a street date, we'll post the street date, and when the PDF is ready to sell, it will be available for sale.

We just finalized our license with WizKids and that has created a lot of additional work -- getting sublicenses with foreign publishers, software companies, and other industry partners up and running -- and we are all busting ass to get that stuff done in addition to our publishing schedule of games.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jun 12 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #19

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 12 2008, 05:55 AM) *
Arsenal and Unwired were originally scheduled for last year, until FanPro stopped publishing and we took over Shadowrun, yes ... and within our first year of operation, we've delivered almost as many Shadowrun books as FanPro did in the previous two years.

We've been awful quiet lately because I had a visitor in from out of town and previous to that I was working stupid insane hours trying to get Tactical Operations out the door, and for that I apologize. However, we are not changing our plans of _not talking about things_ until we have worthwhile and informative news to share. When we have a street date, we'll post the street date, and when the PDF is ready to sell, it will be available for sale.

We just finalized our license with WizKids and that has created a lot of additional work -- getting sublicenses with foreign publishers, software companies, and other industry partners up and running -- and we are all busting ass to get that stuff done in addition to our publishing schedule of games.

This is one customer who prefers foreign and software sublicenses over "News of the Week", and the occasional private life has to be forgiven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . Thank you!

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 12 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #20

Immortal Elf

*Calls off the Redneck Ninja Scout Force*

OK Adam, you're lucky this time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Jun 14 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 11 2008, 10:55 PM) *

Software companies? I thought the game software rights to all the FASA-created settings was owned by Microsoft. Or would this be non-videogame software, such as electronic character sheets / battlemech record sheets?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 14 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #22

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

It would be software that directly relates to our games, yes.

+Quote Post
Dogsoup
post Jun 15 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 806

QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jun 11 2008, 04:16 PM) *
The proof PDFs sent to the printer somehow contained a virus that spread like wildfire through the printer's computer network, corrupting, well, everything?
Not only that; The virus fired up the printers and started spewing out copies of an eldritch text, firing off an unexpected chain of synapses in the reader causing him or her to execute the subliminal orders encoded in the pamphlet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 15 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #24

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 14 2008, 04:23 PM) *
It would be software that directly relates to our games, yes.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo, new toys!!! Thanks Adam! You're making me drool now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 15 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #25

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

i suppose there's not much use in hoping you guys hired McMackie and had him code an Character Generator for Shadowrun? O.o
'cause i'd so buy that one . .

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:51 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.