> Vegetarian Ork?
madmarvin
post Jun 11 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,921

Is this possible?

I was thinking of playing an Ork with an allergy to meat (only real meat and just actual meat, not fat, juices, etc.) My question is are there any other vegetarian Orks out there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jun 11 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #2

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Yes.

There are meat eating elves out there too.

+Quote Post
madmarvin
post Jun 11 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Target

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jun 11 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Yes.

There are meat eating elves out there too.

Cool. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Naysayer
post Jun 11 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,326

Considering that your average shadowrunning ork's diet would consist of roughly 90% soy anyway, he'd just skip the remaining 10% devil-rat in favor of some zesty algae and there you go.
Seriously, "Orks is people too (most of the time)"! So if humans can forsake the squishy body-part dinner, so can your friendly neighborhood tusker.

+Quote Post
Dr Funfrock
post Jun 12 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,618

Considering which, I'd suggest that anything meat related would actually be a better allergy, seeing as how even that would only count as an uncommon substance in 2070. Plus any vegetarian nowadays can avoid stuff with animal products in without too much effort (it's a pain in the ass, I know, but companies are required to label their stuff appropriately at least), so it would hardly be life destroying either way.

It'd only suck when he gets invited to dinner with some high class socialite who impresses the runners by serving *gasp* real meat. Easy way out that avoids causing offence? Claim you're a Buddhist. Works great in Hong Kong or Neo Tokyo. In LA, just say you're on this new "no meat" diet that's all the rage. Your host will pretend they know about it just so as not to seem behind the times. Hell, throw in the Buddhist thing as well, LA is mad for "seeking enlightenment" and Eastern philosophy.

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Jun 12 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

There as a Gibson archology that had a largely Krill based diet. Soy isn't the only source of cheep protean

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 12 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #7

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

ah, krill. even the largest mammal on earth can sustain itself on that...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 12 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Soy, Krill, Algae, and Vat-Grown Foodstuffs are the majority of the stuff that people will find in my campaigns. The Vat-Grown stuff is most expensive (Aside from farm-grown!), and is almost like the real thing, but "Hasn't been exposed to the elements, and is from a completely sterile and safe enviroment!".

Ironically enough, follow the trail far enough, and it'll all be from Aztechnology. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

+Quote Post
madmarvin
post Jun 12 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #9

Target

I'm actually more worried about the social implications than being able to find food. There is plenty of vegitarian options available, so getting food will not be the problem.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 12 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Finding food is not an issue, Stuffer Shacks are available in many convient places!

Please beam your SIN before entering, otherwise you will be considered a loiterer and be denied entrance.

Thank you for choosing Stuffer Shack.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jun 12 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #11

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Expect that eating habits will change substantial anyway.

If most food is grown as generic protein, then textured and flavoured, basically all common food has the same production cost, with only minor differences due to different degrees of texturing. Competition would naturally lead to a high number of different flavours/textures being on offer, as cost is not a viable way of competition. Steaks and bread cost about the same per weight...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jun 12 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

From "A Night To Never Remember":

“Nas, do you know what the difference is between the cheap and expensive artificial blueberry flavouring is?� The Johnson asked me, as he grabbed the punk's jaw at the base, squeezing his lips apart.

“I don't know, five nuyen?� I replied, trying to wrap my head around what was going on.

“Six, actually. But no, it's marketing. They just double the flavouring chemicals. Now, for the difference between artificial and natural blueberries is this... The artificial blueberries won't stain your teeth.�

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Jun 13 2008, 04:51 AM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

QUOTE (Ryu @ Jun 12 2008, 08:11 AM) *
Expect that eating habits will change substantial anyway.

If most food is grown as generic protein, then textured and flavoured, basically all common food has the same production cost, with only minor differences due to different degrees of texturing. Competition would naturally lead to a high number of different flavours/textures being on offer, as cost is not a viable way of competition. Steaks and bread cost about the same per weight...

QUOTE (Fire Fly: Out of Gas)
Hope you like it. Couldn't get a hold of no flour,
so it's mostly protein. In fact, it's pretty much what
we just had for supper. But I tried to make the frosting
as chocolatey tasting as possible.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.