Reply to this topicStart new topic
> vehicle questions: mechanical arms, remote turrets
Wit
post Jun 28 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,071

Okay, doing the rigger thing, i.e. tricking out a vehicle to the breaking point, and as usual I've hit some confusion.

One, Full Mechanical Arms. They are describe in Arsenal as cyberarms, to the point that I can mount cyberware on them. now, in SR4, it mentions that they also add a box to the condition monitor. Does this apply to vehicles as well?

Two, Full Mechanical Arms stat improvement. Some of the aforementioned cyber augs are stat increases. But how high can they go? Is it the natural maximum of the operartor (which makes no sense)? The armor rating can be increased to 2x the body, so is it that?

Three, firing Remote-Controlled Weapon-Mounts while in full VR. Firing from a weapon is usually Agility plus Gunnery. This does make sense though if you're using the weapon while in full VR.

Sure, theres the ever "ask-the-GM" response, but I've found it's better to always present a reasonable solution when identifying problems.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jun 28 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i would say no to adding to condition monitors for vehicles.

the vehicle's natural maximum is presumably equal to what it has. it's augmented maximum is therefore going to be 1.5 it's basic stats.

so vehicle's body * 1.5 = augmented max for body and strength, response * 1.5 = augmented max for reaction, and the operator's vehicle skill * 1.5 is the augmented max for agility i suppose.

when firing a turret in full VR, you apparently use sensor instead of agility. so it would be sensor + gunnery.

+Quote Post
Heath Robinson
post Jun 28 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 15,736

QUOTE (Wit @ Jun 28 2008, 08:07 PM) *
One, Full Mechanical Arms. They are describe in Arsenal as cyberarms, to the point that I can mount cyberware on them. now, in SR4, it mentions that they also add a box to the condition monitor. Does this apply to vehicles as well?

They're not cyberarms, they're Full Mechanical Arms. The rules for cyberlimbs do not apply to them unless explicitly noted otherwise. They may use Full Mechanical Arm analogues to some cyberlimb modifications at GM discretion. They are still not cyberlimbs.

2: GM discretion. Yup, since even giving them the mods (and what mods you can give them if you're allowed to at all) is GM discretion, I'd let your GM decide what the limits are.

My apologise if I seem aggressive or imposing, using short and sharp sentences to get across these points is an attempt to ensure the subtleties are not missed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.