Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Game of Numbers, Test your Number crunching skills
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,757

Sitting here bored out of my mind, I felt like coming up with a little game for everyone to see what will come of it.

The game is what is the nastiest scariest most downright twinky number crunchy, oh my god game breaking kind of character you can build. :grinbig:

Requirements and limitations.
Standard Priority System.
3 flaws/Perks up to a end value of 0. (example 2 perks worth 5 points 1 flaw worth 5 points end value 0)
250 karma added after generation.
All Cyberware and Bioware allowed, Betaware and cultured max.
300,000 yen cash after initial resources.
Selling Karma is worth 10,000 yen each.
Purchasing Karma is worth 20,000 yen each .
All equipment is allowed except for avail 18+
Initiations are allowed to have ordeal, but no group bonus.
Surge can occur for 20 karma cost, 4 effects end value of 0

Removed from part of game: HMHVV infection can occur at the costs of 20 karma for Krieger strain 40 Karma for HMHVV strain I and II.

I think that's covered everything. I wonder what horrors this will bring :D

Edited because Cochise came up with something I didn't realise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Dec 17 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,883

priority A 1,000,000 :nuyen:
other priorities moot.
retire with high lifestyle for life.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Dec 17 2003, 04:16 PM
Post #3

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

Yum is unagruably the winner from an IC point of view.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 04:18 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Yum wins!

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Dec 17 2003, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

ooh, what do I win?

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 04:29 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

A beating.

+Quote Post
Sargrak
post Dec 17 2003, 04:36 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 5,907

Well, you did asked for something game-breaking...

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 17 2003, 04:44 PM
Post #8

Mr. Quote-function

Member No.: 1,376

I'd suggest leaving HMHVV-I and II infections out of this:
a) So far they're no official PC characters and NPC don't follow character creation rules (the latter making this contest obsolete for them)
b) You'd create inconsistancies concerning magic, since it cannot be determined whether or not the infection causes the character to awaken. Example: Choose human and infection: Although the character does not need to have paid for magic, the infection has some (unknown) chance of providing magic abilities. Choose ork and infection and thus become Wendigo => the character automatically awakens and becomes a shaman withot the need of paying magic cost ...

Then of course there's the question what will happen with stuff that normally require some sort of test ... Example: Create magician, pay 15 karma and feel free to have a rating 15 spell?

But then again: Yum already won this contest ... so you might as well forget these suggestions ...

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Cochise you brought up a good point so I edited stuff.

and Yum didn't win anything except a beating. So people can keep trying to break the game, by making a character that's too good to ever use on table top except in ubermunch games.

Bad Yum Bad! No cheese fondu for you.

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Dec 17 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

ok... well first we take a goat (run multiplier of 6), then we put it on 2 pairs of kid stealth legs, to get that up to an 8, make it a ghoul, and that should make it 9, and then we enhance the legs to give the maximum quickness (i.e. 10)
that should be 90 meters per combat turn, aka 64.7 miles/hour (assuming the goat doesn't use any athletics dice)

you cannot run from the Speedy Undead Cyber Goat.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 05:08 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

You forgot 2 pairs of hydraulic jacks for +5 dice to athletics, the synthacardium and reflex recorders

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Dec 17 2003, 05:14 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

I thought about that, but I wanted to avoid the whole athletics issue, as then we could just have made him a physad goat and initiated him to get several levels of increased athltetics.
then he would be the Speedy Cyber Undead Ninja Bouncy Goat.

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 17 2003, 05:15 PM
Post #13

Mr. Quote-function

I guess this means Force 18 spells are allowed regardless of the insane TNs to actually learn them? ...

btw.: Is it allowed to have cultured bio / betware and that avail <=18 stuff during normal creation or only in the post creation part ?

@ Yum ...

*hmm* Goats cannot be infected with Krieger ...

But the again .. Take Satyr (at which price do they come in the priority system?) ... make him Ghoul ... Adept of the Magician's Way, Totem horse ... initiate and learn Movement power as metatechnique ... put some points into improved ability (athletics) .. take apitude (athletics) .... max out quick .. max out athletics skill ... get synthacardium, reflex recoder (athletics) and enhanced arcticulation ... and then run like hell ...

+Quote Post
Yum Donuts
post Dec 17 2003, 05:17 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

oh, and get him a concealed quickdraw holster. not that he actually needs it, but you can't be a shadowrunner without it.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 05:25 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

you can buy a force 18 spell sure, learn it not unless you can hit a 36 :)

yes its you're allowed to get the bioware and betaware that is <= 18 in creation and post.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Dec 17 2003, 05:30 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Yum Donuts)
other priorities moot.
retire with high lifestyle for life.

I proposed that one in a broken character thread a long time ago. Somebody made the following variant:

Digestive Expansion reduce by 20% lifestyle cost
retire with high lifestyle for life, and 120,000 of extra

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 17 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #17

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Following the spirit of Coalheart's thread as opposed to just being a smartass, I threw this together right off the top of my head so don't get too antsy about the particulars.

I didn't bother applying Karma to him as it's largely unnecessary, so just assume he transferred the majority of that to cash, for about 2.5 million or so. He just kept enough for the Karma Pool.

FACE
Priorities: Resources A, Attributes B, Race C, Skills D, Magic E

Attributes: Bod 4, Qui 3(6), Str 2(4), Cha 8(13), Int 6(8), Wil 6. Rea 7, Init 3D6, CP 10, KP 26.

Active Skills: Athletics 5(6), Etiquette 6(10), Intimidation 6(10), Negotiation 6(10), Pistols 1(2) (Savalette 3[4]), Stealth 5(6).

Knowledge Skills: Acting 5(6) (Improv 7[8]), Corporate Politics 6(7), Criminal Organizations 6(7), Psychology 5(6) [Criminal 7(8)], Underworld Politics 6(7). Spend the remaining 10 points on hobbies and the like.

Language Skills: Chinese 1(4), English 3(6), German 1(4), Japanese 1(4), Korean 1(4), Sioux 1(4), Spanish 1(4), Sperenthiel 2(5), Russian 1(4).

Edges & Flaws: Dark Secret (former FBI informant), Friendly Face, Good Looking & Knows It, Good Reputation 2, Mild Phobia (Ghouls).

Beta-Grade Implants: Datajack (Custom Finish: Faux Orichalcum and Engraving), Obvious Cyberearm [DNI-Controller, Active Memory (1,000 Mp), Pocket Secretary (w/ ECCM 10), Skillsoft Jukebox (25 50 Mp Ports), Custom Finish: Silver and Engraving; lost to ghouls early in his career], Skillwires 4/50 (Chipjack and CED 3 with Custom Finish: Silver and Engraving). Note: Custom Finish and Engraving were stolen from the Firearm Creation Rules just to make them look snazzy. One of them includes the Improved Looks surgical options.

Cultured Bioware Implants: Cerebral Booster 2, Enhanced Articulation, Mnemonic Enhancer 3, Muscle Augmentation 2, Muscle Toner 3, Synaptic Accelerator 2, Tailored Pheromones 2, Trauma Damper.

Skillsofts: Pick any 25 you like. Recommend 20 Customized ActiveSofts (Rating 4) and 5 Know- or DataSofts (such as Jane's Almanac, Peterson's Guide to Paranormal Animals, A Practical Guide to Thaumaturgy, etc.) of any rating you can afford.

Equipment: Savalette Guardian (Quickdraw Holster, Removable Silencer, Integral Laser Sight instead of Smartgun, Custom Finish, Engraving), Form-Fitting Body Armor, Vashon Island Actioneer Line, Pager, Cellphone, Toyota 660 Arachnid Sports Car, Ford Americar, Four Fake IDs (Rating 10), Four Lifestyles (Two Low Safehouses, One Middle Crashpad, One High Primary), DocWagon Contract, Miscellaneous Items. Most of the remaining starting cash goes into buying Contacts.

Contacts: Googols of 'em. At least two Level 3 Bodyguards, one a full Magician with multiple initiation levels (with Shielding, Masking, and either Invoking [Shaman/Wujen] or Channeling [Hermetic/Hougan] preferably) and one cybered or adept Bodyguard, your choice.

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 17 2003, 05:35 PM
Post #18

Mr. Quote-function

QUOTE (CoalHeart)
you can buy a force 18 spell sure, learn it not unless you can hit a 36 :)

How are you going to figure that out?
I can always say that I hit 36 ;)

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 06:06 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Female Elf Physical Adept Horse Totem
Base stats body 6 quick 8 others are moot
Exceptional Quickness Aptitude Athletics
126 karma to get base quickness 12.
Base athletic 6,
14 karma to 7
specalize(rollerblading) to 8 for 4 karma then up to 12 for 19 more karma.

87 karma remaining.

Cyberware : Hydraulic jacks ratinng 5 Betaware 1.2 essence.
Bioware: Enhanced Articulation cultured .48 bio index. Reflex Recorder (Rollerblading) .1 Synthacardium 2 cultured .24 index for total of .82
Geasa: Talisman to offset 1 point of magic loss, Second Geasa to offset second point lost Must listen to "Speed Racer" themesong.

Initiations 15 for grade 1, 17 for grade 2, 20 for grade 3, 22 for grade 4 Total cost of Karma 74

Total Powerpoints: 10
Improved Athletics 12 cost 3 points,
Improved quickness 7 cost 7 points

Final Attributes Quickness 19
Final Athletics(rollerblading) 35
Wearing Rollerblades quickness multiplyer of 6
114 meters per turn before athletics dice factored in at TN 3
Meta Magic Ability Movement for Essence ( 4.8 ) X final speed

Remaining Karma 13 for something else

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 17 2003, 06:10 PM
Post #20

Mr. Quote-function

I'd "love" to see how this character uses his hydraulic jacks (thus getting +5 on athletics) while skating ;) ...
Simply won't work ...

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 06:13 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

when you push outward with your leg you straighten it out, and the hydraulic pushes your leg straight out. It would also work for byclining since you are pushing straight down with each pump of your legs. This is a powered motion of your knee joint, if your athletics movement uses the knee to bend or straithen out, they hydraulics add a crapload of umph to yuor leg straightening. So deadlifting would be affected by hydraulics too.

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 17 2003, 06:44 PM
Post #22

Mr. Quote-function

No ... hydraulic jacks explicity provide extra dice for athletics (running) and athletics (jumping) test ... no athletics (skating)

Any by no means would the sudden extension of a hydraulic jack actually work when skating ... unless you prefer the "bouncing" skating technique ...

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Dec 17 2003, 06:46 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

eh so I made a mistake. I'm only human I don't have a rating 6 copy of M&M in my headware memory.

oh Doc, That's a really nice fixer/face character I don't think I could of came up with something better at all

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Dec 17 2003, 07:51 PM
Post #24

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

QUOTE (CoalHeart)
Geasa: Talisman to offset 1 point of magic loss, Second Geasa to offset second point lost Must listen to "Speed Racer" themesong.

Ok I may be wrong or I may not but question? Are not geasa for adepts linked directly to their powers? If so then you may have done something wrong.

I say this because only one geasa can be linked to a power although you can link that one geasa to several powers.

Next are you a night one elf? If not max quickness is 7 (11). If so you forgot to include your mild allergy to sunlight which I belive is a flaw so you need an edge to offset so your at 0.

Now you are useing seperate geasa per power and If I am right on how geasa work with adepts then your improved quickness 7 cost 7 points is wrong. Improved quickness 7 cost 5.25 (7 x .75 = 5.25).

Then your taking another geasa on improved athletics 12 cost 3 points again you'd be wrong (3 x .75 = 2.25) For a total of 7.5.

However I could be wrong about the improved athletics 12 cost 3 points being reduceable because you can't reduce below a .25 and each level of improved athletics is only .25.

Although I have always ruled that powers with levels are not reduced untill the player has the power at the level they want it at because it is the same power.

Lastly GO SPEED RACER GO! (hey are you listening to the clean or dirty version?) :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Dec 17 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 3,437

250 karma eh? Settle for 175 and a link? :P

Thunder is my current character and only has 175 points spent and I think he meets all your requirements.

Main points:

9 Ballistic Hardened Armour (Gel Packs on a Secure Coat with a Force 5 Armour)
24 Combat Pool (+6 WP spell, +6 Deflect, +6 Combat Sense)
5+4D6 initiative.

The 24 Combat Pool is the real kicker, and he can fly VERY fast with his Quickened Levitate, and has a permanent 6 Strength/Quickness with his Magic Fingers.

Sphynx

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:02 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.