Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon*Con 2008, Missions
TranKirsaKali
post Jul 9 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,362

I was just on the Dragon Con web site and can not find any Missions listed. They are going to be there correct? I know we have plenty of players.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Jul 9 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Catalyst Game Labs plans to sponsor games at Dragon*Con.

+Quote Post
Phantastik
post Jul 13 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 15,495

DragonCon doesn't have any of the "campaign" RPGs listed yet - they're running a bit behind this year.

The calls for judges etc. are going out currently, and I know the LFR stuff etc. should be in-hand in a week or so. I'd check the con sight weekly or so next 2-3 weeks.

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Jul 13 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 6,651

Whats LFR stand for? Looking for Referee?

+Quote Post
Kithran
post Jul 13 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 2,345

QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 13 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Whats LFR stand for? Looking for Referee?

Living Forgotten Realms - Wizards of the Coast's new Living Campaign using D&D 4E, launches at Gen Con Indy.

Kithran

+Quote Post
TranKirsaKali
post Jul 14 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Target

Thanks so much for the responses. I know the main reason I go to D Con now is for the missions with the group up there. I need my fix! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif) LOL we have people watching the con site daily to buy out one of each of the missions for our team. Watch out GM's we are back!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Jul 14 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Shouldn't you be packing that house won't move it's self (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
TranKirsaKali
post Jul 17 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #8

Target

Don't make me kick you Casazil! I know where you live!

+Quote Post
Phantastik
post Jul 21 2008, 04:38 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 15,495

Still no SRM listed, so I just loaded up on 7 slots of "Heroes of Rokugan"... which is great, but I want some SRM!

Hopefully some gets listed...

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Jul 21 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Its there.

Go to:
http://gaming.dragoncon.net/index.php?t=event_search

Then look in the "Game System" dropdown for "Shadowrun 4th Edition (RPGANonCampaign)"

+Quote Post
TranKirsaKali
post Jul 21 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #11

Target

Yes and if you Notice many sold out games, do not panic. That is just our team preparing for the con. We tend to over organize sometimes! LOL

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Jul 21 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

there is several missions being run and multiple of each. With also several non-missions games. Depending on the need and the gm's availability, once of us GMs will run the missions for you. I know that I show up each year with a full plate and end up running several more than what is scheduled. And I am not the only one.

And NO I am not promising anything.

+Quote Post
WiredWeasel
post Aug 1 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 15,675

I'll be posting this on the other DragonCon related thread as well.
I just wanted to know if there might be the possibility of maybe getting into a game on-site.
I'm not the DJ this year, so I have a chance to play this year, but I am still going to work staff and don't know my schedule yet, so signing up for a game ahead of time isn't really possible.
Any chance of me getting into one last minute?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Aug 1 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

QUOTE (WiredWeasel @ Aug 1 2008, 01:08 PM) *
Any chance of me getting into one last minute?

Yes, we often have back-up GMs available, and many of our GMs are willing to accommodate more than the 6 players that we allow in pre-reg. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack Rackham
post Aug 12 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 16,230

It has been a couple of years since I last played and I will be creating a new character for use at DragonCon (already pre-registered for games). Do any of you veterans of SR Missions have any advice for new character generation? Particularly looking for advice on what NOT to bother with based on your experience with Missions scenarios.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Wasabi
post Aug 13 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #16

Running Target

Hackers that are one trick ponies are not really suited well for a general purpose game like an SRM scenario. A Hacker that can use guns well, has social skills, or some other diversity does well. TM's can do well if they know how to use sprite abilities to support their team or have rigger type skills.

At Dragoncon I almost never see a tanking character like a sammy orc and only a few folks play mages but not many. I hear gencon is chock full of mages. Not sure why but had two commandos say that over the years so must be some truth to it.

Advice:
1. Max armor using PPP and Formfitting from Arsenal
2. Get the best ammo possible. For mages and TM's this can mean DMSO+Narcojet. For big gun wielders APDS or AV are good.
3. Fake SIN! Fake SIN! Fake SIN!
4. Talk, Plan, and Investigate. In the last 15min or so of the time slot execute any violence. Its not D&D after all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
RobertB
post Aug 13 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,516

The most well-rounded character that you can create. You never know who you're going to have at the table or what the mission will be. Try to be good at a couple of things at least. You'll have more fun participating.

Robert (aka Spanner)

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Aug 13 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

All the above posts are correct, though from my limited experance I have noticed a lack of mages, and faces (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Kai
post Aug 23 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #19

Hacker For Hire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,165

On the advice of some very nice D*C staff, Missions actually get listed as Non-Campaign because then we 1) don't have to muster in two seperate areas for Missions and Everything Else and 2)Have enough 'critical mass' to have our own area so we're easy to find even if you aren't preregistered for a game. Sorry for the confusion!

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Aug 24 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

finding the Shadowrun GMs/area is always (in my humble opinion) easy. Kai & other GMs hang out at a table (always very easy to find) when we are not running a table. We work with D*C staff to get all of our tables as close as they can be to each other. The rumor I heard (and I will only state it is a rumor until I see it..sorry been there done that too many times) that Shadowrun (Missions & non-Missions stuff) will be in a dedicated area this year. Dedicated to us. Which is good for us since the SR GMs make sure that we dont interfere with the other tables. Some of the DnD-isc (fantasty games) tend to get loud. Plus if I have a quick game question I can always walk over and talk to another SR4 GM. Which makes my life easier. And all of this makes the players lives easier since they know where they will be playing.

sorry for the ramblings... I shouldnt post when I am on little/no sleep (# of sleep per the last X days < 5 ; formula -> #/X < 5).

For all of you coming to D*C, I will see you there... and no I wont be around til noon (must sleep some...)

dog

EDIT: there should be an automated way to prevent me from posting if I fail the test mentioned above for sleep. I must start working on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Skipper
post Aug 25 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 16,241

I'll see you there, I'm planning in playing in about 5 sessions. Otherwise I'll be judging D&D 4th. A game I haven't even played in (though I do DM it to a local group). This will be my first Shadow run experience, and if it goes well I'll be running it at the local club. I figure the best way to learn a new game and its style is to play under three or four expereinced DM's with a number of varied groups.

Skipper

+Quote Post
Dyspeptic
post Aug 25 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 9,326

QUOTE (Skipper @ Aug 24 2008, 07:28 PM) *
This will be my first Shadow run experience, and if it goes well I'll be running it at the local club. I figure the best way to learn a new game and its style is to play under three or four expereinced DM's with a number of varied groups.

Welcome to the game! Perhaps we'll get to work together at some point.

Important things to know:

1. Don't get shot.
2. Do your research and legwork.
3. Lone Star is not your friend :)
4. Don't get shot.
5. "I have a permit for that."
6. When in doubt, geek the opposition's mage first.
7. If they can't see you, they can't shoot you.
8. Be prepared; have the right gear for the job.
9. It's all about the nuyen.
10. Oh, and don't get shot...

+Quote Post
Skipper
post Aug 26 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #23

Target

Member No.: 16,241

Thanks for the device. Sounds like a plan since the first thing I do when entering a room is

1) locate the exits
2) identify solid cover
3) identify a patsy to blame if things go bad
4) make sure others look more dnagerous than me so they draw the fire first while I hide or bolt.

Skipper

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Aug 27 2008, 05:12 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

And dont' forget to hug your rigger once a day,

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Sep 2 2008, 03:07 AM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

I'm just in from the Con, and I had a blast. Thanks to Kai for keeping everything well organized, and the GMs for running good games. Will post the highlights of the missions I (Zelda) was on once my fried brain has had time to rest.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.