Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Empty, a short story
Backgammon
post Jul 17 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

She opened her eyes. Morning sunlight illuminated green iris. She stared out the window for a while, head upside down on her mattress, her eyes chasing what she could see. The flicker of neighbour's clothes drying in the wind, a bird shooting by, cars methodically making their way down the street.

She groaned and stretched her abdomen, squirming in her tangled white linen sheets. She looked at the time on her clock. Then she looked at the clock. It was an old thing she'd gotten at the pawn shop. It had a dim red light digital display. It didn't have any smart functionality, and it did not emit a wireless signal. It was supposedly a radio-alarm clock, but those ancient functionalities did not work either.

She remembered where she was. She remembered who wasn't here. She remembered why. Her eyes rolled back to the window, and she stared out at the sky. Its brightness hurt her eyes a little at first, but that went away after a while, as her dead gaze fixated on the horizon.

She brought a hand down into her pyjama and touched between her legs. She touched the curliness of her hair, and touched her lips. She closed her eyes as she felt herself and her hand started slowly circling. As she gained momentum she opened her eyes again and stared meaningfully out the window, her mouth open, as if about to beg the sky for something.

She became overwhelmed with the desire to moan out loud, even though there was no one to hear her. She moaned, loudly, to the emptiness of her room. She needed someone to listen, even if it were only the ghosts around her. She whispered to herself. This is organic. This is so organic. So human. I am human.

She hadn't masturbated without simsense since she could remember. It was so easy, the erotism, the delicious filth right into your brain. But it robed you of yourself. She wanted to cry now, as her hand moved furiously. She writhed, moaned and talked out loud. I am myself. I am organic and nature, I am meat and sinew. I am... I am... she gasped as her orgasm reached her, tensing over. She saw the nature of everything and understood all in a second, she was emerald water, white sand, lush fields and blue sky.

The wave washed over her and left, and she was alone with herself again. Deeper alone. More with herself. Her hand moved over her ribs and pressed down on them. She could feel the coldness through her flesh. She brushed her belly with the tip of her fingers. She could feel the mesh. She touched her temple and felt the jack.

Tears streaked down her cheekbones and rolled off the side of her face. The life inside her had died, the doctor had said, because her womb could not expand due to the metal. No one was thinking of that when they had designed the armour weave. Who would choose metal and life?

She cried out. No one heard her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HeavyMetalYeti
post Jul 17 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,968

I liked it, nice twist on the reality of implants. Keep up the good work.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 17 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

As more metal and modifications are put into the Metahuman body, the cost is one's own humanity.

And some costs are very high indeed!

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jun 10 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Wow, having a low essence score makes you really good at masturbation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

+Quote Post
The Dragon Girl
post Jun 10 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,410

>.> A very nice piece of writing, if a bit too explicit for my usual tastes. Brava.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.