Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's coming up?
Bashfull
post Jul 20 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,374

I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment. Are there any more plans to release adventures or material for basing shadowruns on? What is Catalyst planning to release soon?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 20 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Coming up next:

Runner's Companion -- metavariants, optional character creation rules, advanced contact and lifestyle rules, and more.
Ghost Cartels -- plot book, roughly in the style of Emergence.
Feral Cities -- cities that have very little governmental structure left in place; Chicago, Lagos, etc.

Catalyst Game Labs will be continuing to release the Shadowrun Missions monthly adventures electronically. Season 3 is set to start releasing soon, set in New York, with an introductory free adventure before we move onto the paid adventures.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 20 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

what about holo-streets?
*runs for cover*

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 20 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

It, along with the, oh, at least a dozen Shadowrun projects that I didn't mention, share the exact same status: not being discussed until they are much further along. That's how we roll now. Poking at the open wound that is Holostreets is not going to move it along faster, and only serves to distract people from the awesome work we've done since taking over the SR license.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 20 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

yeah, yeah, i know, i could not help myself ._.
as for the awesome work being done since the license take-over . . i don't really like SR4 or plan to play it anytime soon . . still getting the books just so i know what's being talked about more or less . . but i will give you the part of awesome on the number of releases you churn out . .

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 21 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Shadows of Latin America?

*Wraps self in Rigger's Cocoon"

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 21 2008, 02:38 AM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Seriously, are you trying to give me an aneurysm? When SOLA's status changes and it becomes an item that will be made available, we'll let you know. Until then, nobody at Catalyst is going to say a word about SOLA or Holostreets. All you're doing is wasting your time and mine.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 21 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Sorry, had a serious headache all day, and felt like sharing.

I couldn't help myself, and honestly expected that answer.

I now stand far away from you to both stop wasting your time, and any retribution you plan against me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Jul 21 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,374

Thanks, Adam. Unlike the other two esteemed posters on here, I'm loving SR4. I really love the direction it's gone. I've always felt like SR was a fairly gritty look at what might happen if magic returned to the blue planet now, and I think you've all reflected many of the changes in our lives with changes in the setting. Wirelessness, the involvement of religions in magic etc are all excellent takes on our status quo.

Don't feel bad about the prods my fellow enthusiasts make. If anything, they are a reflection of how much we enjoy your world and how we are always ready for more. We are like enormous baby birds: however often you bring stuff to us, we will never stop eating it up.

The titles you mention for the future look excellent. Do you have any dates for them? I know these things often run past their deadlines (my wife is in publishing) but I'm just planning ahead: in my current group, the GM wants to play so when Emergence is finished (which he is running) I was looking for something to do with them. I'm a pretty busy person myself, with Bashfull Jnr due for appearance in October, so I was really hoping for something with lots of the legwork already done. Ghost cartels looks promising.

As for the stuff published online, I don't know much about it, apart from the old stuff set in Denver. I'd prefer to stick to Seattle (I know it a bit better because I lived there long ago and all my previous Ed. gaming has been set there) but if there isn't anything, I guess I'd be willing to "move".

Thanks for bringing us the good stuff, and well done on a brilliant job so far. I really feel SR is closer in feel now to the original than it has been for a long time, without the clunky mechanic.

+Quote Post
Drogos
post Jul 21 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,746

In case he doesn't get back to you (he is busy sometimes), the first rule of CGL is: They do not discuss drop dates until they have a finished product in hand. Sell sheets have all three of those books (and Unwired) dropping in Summer of '08. That is the best indication of timing, but (as you are aware with dealys in publishing) the kind folks at CGL have decided that when there is a definite product, they will tell you when it can be purchased (ie, when they have it shipped to a printer with full lay out and they have some idea of the finished product). Until then, we all get nice and juicy surprises once in awhile...like Unwired. I will give them kudos for their sense of humor...

"Ok guys, we're going to have a chat involving a book that isn't out yet...but you can go buy the pdf...NOW!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) "

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 21 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

SOLA? HoloStreets? Bah! Pikers.

I'm still waiting for Running Wild and The Boo Scary Shadowrun Book of the Night!

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Jul 21 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

I really want The Boo Scary Shadowrun Book of the Night to return.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 21 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Bashfull @ Jul 21 2008, 03:17 AM) *
Thanks, Adam. Unlike the other two esteemed posters on here, I'm loving SR4.

Um, I am a SR4 supporter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) And loving it very much.

I was pointing out SOLA as a joke more than anything, which has been done In Character in the books as well. (I think it's FastJack that mentions it.).

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jul 21 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 20 2008, 06:52 PM) *
Catalyst Game Labs will be continuing to release the Shadowrun Missions monthly adventures electronically. Season 3 is set to start releasing soon, set in New York, with an introductory free adventure before we move onto the paid adventures.

Apologies, I'm just requesting a point of clarification. Are you saying the New York-based Shadowrun Missions will not be posted to shadowrun4.com for free? Or are you stating that you're going to complete SM Season 3 and then Catalyst is moving on to creating printed adventures again?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Jul 21 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,522

QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 21 2008, 10:25 AM) *
Apologies, I'm just requesting a point of clarification. Are you saying the New York-based Shadowrun Missions will not be posted to shadowrun4.com for free? Or are you stating that you're going to complete SM Season 3 and then Catalyst is moving on to creating printed adventures again?

The first of the New York-based SRM scenarios - SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend will be a free release. After that, the remaining scenarios in the New York story arc will be available for purchase through the Battlecorps web shop.

Older scenarios (SRM02 and earlier) will remain freely available through shadowrun4.com

This has no relationship to printed adventures.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 21 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #16

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 21 2008, 10:32 AM) *
This has no relationship to printed adventures.

It has everything to do with the Missions organizers being money grubbing bastards, wanting to fly first class to conventions, eating cavier and sushi off naked chicks, creating disturbing Biogenetically Created lifeforms. It's madness, I tell you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Actually, I suspect it has to do with the fact that IIRC they're actually paying the Missions authors and artists and stuff these days, so those expenses need to be recouped somehow. I don;t know all the details, as I'm a slacker and out of the loop, but I think that Commandos (Or whatever they're called) that are running in store events and doing work at conventions still get them for free.

Bull

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jul 21 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #17

Technomancer

Member No.: 3,374

QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 21 2008, 08:48 AM) *
It has everything to do with the Missions organizers being money grubbing bastards, wanting to fly first class to conventions, eating cavier and sushi off naked chicks, creating disturbing Biogenetically Created lifeforms. It's madness, I tell you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Like you don't?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Jul 21 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 21 2008, 10:48 AM) *
Actually, I suspect it has to do with the fact that IIRC they're actually paying the Missions authors and artists and stuff these days, so those expenses need to be recouped somehow.

That's the basic gist of it. We are, of course, open to new author submissions.
I don;t know all the details, as I'm a slacker and out of the loop, but I think that Commandos (Or whatever they're called) that are running in store events and doing work at conventions still get them for free.

That's also correct, though it's "Catalyst Demo Team members." Schedule a public game and you'll get the scenario for free.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Jul 21 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #19

The back-up plan

Member No.: 3,910

No one's allowed to give Adam an aneurysm until after GenCon. He's done a lot of work this year and deserves to make it to Indianapolis.

For releases, Vairdic mentioned in the Chat on Saturday that the Magic 8 Ball is pointing positively to Runner's Companion arriving at GenCon.

There was also mention of an upcoming series of articles about New York City, the first targeting Manhattan. These articles are going to provide background material for the SRM 03 campaign in NYC, but will provide plenty of background material that any campaign in New York can draw on. The first article should be released around September, with a street date to be released closer to.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jul 21 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 21 2008, 09:34 AM) *
SOLA? HoloStreets? Bah! Pikers.

I'm still waiting for Running Wild and The Boo Scary Shadowrun Book of the Night!

Running wild on my short wish list for long while now. Boo Scary book sounds fun, tell me more!

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jul 21 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 21 2008, 09:32 AM) *
After that, the remaining scenarios in the New York story arc will be available for purchase through the Battlecorps web shop.

Has pricing been discussed? And would the cost per download be priced per mission or for the entire "season"?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Jul 21 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #22

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 21 2008, 12:01 PM) *
Has pricing been discussed? And would the cost per download be priced per mission or for the entire "season"?

The goal is $5 or under per scenario. We have no current plans to offer a "season" package.

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jul 21 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Cool, that sounds very reasonable. Thank you for the quick replies!

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 21 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #24

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jul 21 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Running wild on my short wish list for long while now. Boo Scary book sounds fun, tell me more!

Boo Scary Book of the Shadowrun Night was the code-name for a book *FASA* was thinking about doing before FASA closed, about Horror [as in scary, not as in metaplanar] in Shadowrun. No drafts exist, no outlines exist, it is not something that is merely "stalled" ... it, for all intents and purposes, exists in the memories of hardcore Shadowrun nerds only. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 21 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #25

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 21 2008, 12:38 PM) *
Boo Scary Book of the Shadowrun Night was the code-name for a book *FASA* was thinking about doing before FASA closed, about Horror [as in scary, not as in metaplanar] in Shadowrun. No drafts exist, no outlines exist, it is not something that is merely "stalled" ... it, for all intents and purposes, exists in the memories of hardcore Shadowrun nerds only. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Pretty much. I know Running Wild has been in various stages of VERY early development at both FASA and FanPro at various times, and then got pushed back and stalled out.

Boo Scary has never been more than a pipe dream that Mike Mulvihill teased us with a couple times, and the Freelancers were stocked up on Freelancer Brand Crack™ to go wild and weird with (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

Bull

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.