Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unwired ship date
Prime Mover
post Jul 30 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

First one I saw listed at 28th second one was 29th. Battle shop still listing pre-order as pending. Did I miss a bump in release date?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 30 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

"When it's done"?

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jul 30 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

That was almost funny.

Actually went back to the order page on Battleshop and it's listing unwired at Aug 12th now. What happened....My poor brain was set on absorbing the book next weekend, now waiting two more weeks. uhhhh

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 30 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

*Looks like a hermit waiting next to mailbox for Unwired*

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jul 30 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Sometimes you have to wonder if the guys from CGL are across the street in the bushes laughing at the smelly guy with a months worth of beard crouched next to his mailbox mumbling something about optional matrix skill tests.

"Rubs his own beard, while looking out the window at the mailbox."

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Jul 30 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,229

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 30 2008, 08:33 AM) *
*Looks like a hermit waiting next to mailbox for Unwired*

Dude, go take a bath. Seriously. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 30 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Can't, don't want to miss it.

*Pokes mailbox*

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jul 30 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

Yeah, it's August 12th now. That was a bummer to find out. As much as I hate reading from computer screens I may need to start considering the book+PDF combos if the print runs are going to hit unexpected delays. The hacker in my group is doing okay with SR4's ultra-basic rules but I could really use some official expansion and clarification on Matrix-y stuff.

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post Jul 31 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

Can I just say...

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/200..._vader_nooo.jpg

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 31 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

*Gets Miniature from Friend in post box, smiles, goes back to waiting*

+Quote Post
bofh
post Aug 1 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,065

QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 30 2008, 08:48 AM) *
Yeah, it's August 12th now. That was a bummer to find out. As much as I hate reading from computer screens I may need to start considering the book+PDF combos if the print runs are going to hit unexpected delays. The hacker in my group is doing okay with SR4's ultra-basic rules but I could really use some official expansion and clarification on Matrix-y stuff.

I picked up the PDF a couple of weeks ago. I can't see paying the shipping/handling when the FLGS will have it for the same price but no S&H (well, taxes but it's not as much). I prefer supporting the FLGS especially since we use his shop to play so no Book+PDF combos.

Carl

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Aug 1 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

I have two FLGS in my area and one has scaled back their Shadowrun (and most P&P RPGs [with the exception of D&D]) to a minimum. The other, while has a great selection, sells out on new releases right away and the owner's a little loopy. I lucked out getting Arsenal on its release date. I don't want to have to fight other nerds for copies of Unwired so I prefer to order online. At least I'm guaranteed to get it in a timely fashion. Or I'm supposed to anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Aug 1 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #13

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 8,314

The second owner doesn't do pre-orders? My FLGS does pre-orders. Heck, it offers a discount for pre-orders.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 1 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

My FLGS is 45 minutes away and only carries WOTC products. They offered twice to pre order SR stuff from there Dist. but both times the stuff never showed up. I've resigned myself to just online ordering for RP stuff.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #15

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Just an FYI, if you have a local game store that tries to order SR stuff and can't seem to get it done for some reason, you can always zap us a line with their contact info, and we can see about getting them the information they need. Sometimes it's a simple misunderstanding between distributor and retailer, or even -- gasp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) -- between retailer and gamer.

+Quote Post
bofh
post Aug 1 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,065

The FLGS owner (Karl of Karlequin's in Boulder Colorado) is a big fan of Shadowrun. His store is only 2 years old and has received city awards for best game shop both years if I recall correctly. He has a decent selection of the more common games (D&D, the White Wolf stuff) but also has some lesser stuff (Earthdawn, AFMBE, Paranoia). He also has SciFi type books, board games, card games, and the like. It's a small shop and he sets aside half of it for tables for folks to come in and play.

Since he's a fan of Shadowrun, he generally has a few of each of the books on the shelf and orders some extras when new ones come out. He's been waiting on Unwired for a while.

I think we're fortunate to have 5 pretty large gaming stores in the Denver area and a bunch of smaller ones that carry gear.

Carl

+Quote Post
Drogos
post Aug 1 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,746

I'll point you to the stickied post above wherein the explanation that Unwired arrived a little later than initally anticipated from the printer and thus the man in charge of getting them from CGL to the FLGS and consumers pushed the release date back accordingly. The thread is entitled Special News

+Quote Post
LordArcana
post Aug 1 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,155

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2008, 09:22 AM) *
Just an FYI, if you have a local game store that tries to order SR stuff and can't seem to get it done for some reason, you can always zap us a line with their contact info, and we can see about getting them the information they need. Sometimes it's a simple misunderstanding between distributor and retailer, or even -- gasp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) -- between retailer and gamer.

~::: But then you have store owners like one of the local shops here in Syracuse NY where he tells the solid base of paper and pen RP'ers that he is trying to cut support for RPG. He would rather focus on MtG and other CCG's....WTF!

+Quote Post
paws2sky
post Aug 1 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 14,229

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Aug 1 2008, 09:57 AM) *
~::: But then you have store owners like one of the local shops here in Syracuse NY where he tells the solid base of paper and pen RP'ers that he is trying to cut support for RPG. He would rather focus on MtG and other CCG's....WTF!

I've seen that happen here in Columbus... and then the store(s) closed within half a year.

Cards are way too volatile to support a store. Sure, they can provide money quickly, but the bottom can fall out faster than you can say "boo." Hope he finds that out before his store tanks.

-paws

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #20

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

It might simply come down to a "dollars per square foot" situation for some gaming stores. If you talk to a lot of game store owners, you'll see varied opinions as to whether RPGs are worth the shelf-space, whether supporting in-store gaming is worth it, etc. Most good retailers invest a lot of money and space if they support RPG players well, and it's unfortunate that sometimes game sales + related sales [dice, snacks, etc] don't always make that support viable.

+Quote Post
Blue eyes
post Aug 1 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,516

Assumes meditation stance and waits patiently for the 12th (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Gonna be great to get the real book too on top of the pdf.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:06 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.