IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advanced Lifestyles and Starting Cash., How much mulah dude?
crizh
post Aug 11 2008, 08:17 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,722

So RC has all these funky rules for Advanced Lifestyles that pretty much everybody is going to use for every character because they are dang fragging groovy.

But how do you work out starting cash?

The table seems to indicate that an investment of 6000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) will net you a 'High' Lifestyle for the purposes of starting cash.

Does the author care to comment?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Aug 11 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

I'd tell you to round to screw, if it was me behind the Big Black Screen.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Aug 11 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

I'd say round up, since most stuff seems to be round up these days. I'm a rather kind GM though(when it comes to chargen. In-game, now...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) )

+Quote Post
DWC
post Aug 11 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

I'd argue that you round down, but that's just me being mean.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 11 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Make them all start off with the Street-Level Starting Cash.

KEEP THEM POOR! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif)

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Aug 11 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (crizh @ Aug 11 2008, 04:17 AM) *
So RC has all these funky rules for Advanced Lifestyles that pretty much everybody is going to use for every character because they are dang fragging groovy.

But how do you work out starting cash?

The table seems to indicate that an investment of 6000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) will net you a 'High' Lifestyle for the purposes of starting cash.

Does the author care to comment?

Adam and I agree that rounding up would be appropriate. (So, yes, for 16 to 20 LP, you would use the High Starting Cash value of 4D6 x 500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) )

I had my 6 year old and 4 year old playtest this extensively this morning, and (despite my son losing one die, which he swears he didn't eat, but I remain suspicious) they generally were only a few thousand nuyen apart between middle and high starting cash. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Remember, though, that Lifestyle Qualities do not alter the actual level of lifestyle, only the final cost (so you couldn't use a quality to "bump" yourself up from 15 to 16 LP to get the extra starting cash)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.