Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Street/Gang Level Campaign
The Jake
post Dec 21 2003, 02:28 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 872

I got the 20th anniversary DVD of Scarface, watched all the Godfathers and been playing GTA. I'm hooked on a street level/underworld campaign. Everyone wants to play Tony Montana on the up and up :grinbig:

If I were to run it, I would use the priority system for character generation, drop all skills/attributes/cash packages back one and restrict availability heavily. Not sure how much I'd restrict nuyen and spell points but it would be a lot (no more than 90k I think).

Anyone else done this? And if so how? And how did it go? How high did you all get?

- J.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eismann
post Dec 21 2003, 03:44 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 1,512

You can find complete rules and run ideas for low-level-campaigns right here:

http://www.shadowrun.de/sr/mat_lowtech.html

Single problem: The text is in german (once again).

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Dec 21 2003, 04:26 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

I'm thinking a group of young kids, late teenagers, growing up together in a small neighborhood in Seattle (Barrens or something), forced to grow up in the roughest, toughest neighborhoods and band together for protection.

And from that they start working together to protect their families, get support from the local neighborhoods, get the attention of businesses and local gangs and start carving up a rep. Eventually get noticed by organised crime, etc.

It would largely ignore megacorps and conventional 'shadowrunning' I guess, although there would be overlap. It would focus more on survival, always having to look over their shoulder, etc.

? Any thoughts?

- J.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Dec 21 2003, 06:21 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

Limit their starting cash to 90k, limit their avalibility to 5 (or better yet, 4 or 3), and don't let any of them be initiated to start.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 21 2003, 06:32 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

I still stand by my original suggestion. Tell the players what's going on and tell them to use their own common sense. Then work with them as they go from concept to character sheet, and don't be afraid to say "no" if they do something you feel is inappropriate.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.