IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spiker gen-mod critter, Last critter for the long weekend.
BRodda
post Aug 29 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

Ok last critter before the weekend. If I'm getting carried away let me know, but I'm hoping to get a critter netbook put together from all this crap and I'd liek some feedback. This one is a gene-mod critter. I figured corporations would be trying to take advantage of the new metagenetic genes being expressed and there are probably a whole new set of critters that have been bioengineered to tinker and try to turn a profit off of this.

So this is my take on a prototype gene-mod metagenetic guard dog.

Spiker
Attributes:
Body: 2
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3
Strength: 2
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 3
Logic: 1
Willpower: 3
Edge: 3
Init: 6
IP:1

Movement: 15/67
Skills: Intimidation 2, Perception 2, Tracking 2, Unarmed Combat 3
Powers: Enhanced Senses (Smell), Natural Weapon (Claws/Bite: DV 2P, AP 0)
Weaknesses: None

Metagenetic Qualities (per RC)
Bicardiac
Bone Spikes
Celerity (reflected in movement already)
Low-Light Vision
Gills

Negative:
Berserker
Nocturnal
Slow Healer

Notes: Spikers look like normal guard dogs with the exception of the large spikes along the head, forelegs and back. These spikes make it hard to grapple and the dogs themselves are known to run down any prey once they get its scent. They are faster and meaner than most dogs, but they are not yet ready for production due to the fact that they heal so slowly and are only active at night. They also are notoriously hard to control and have severely wounded several animal trainers. The gills were not an expected expression, researchers are still trying to discern if it is something they want to keep.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
venenum
post Aug 29 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,033

Wouldn't a dog already hav low light as they have similar eye structures to cats.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Aug 29 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (venenum @ Aug 29 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Wouldn't a dog already hav low light as they have similar eye structures to cats.

Not by RAW. I used the baseline stats of a dog and thier skills and "powers" as the template and then added an equal amount of metagenetic qualities.

+Quote Post
venenum
post Aug 29 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,033

Well that is just odd. Why have guard dogs? Just go striaght for the leopard and jaguars

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Aug 29 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Beacuse dogs are normally easier to train than a big cat but these gen-modded dogs might just cost to much though made in to a bio drone and cybered as well then well they could be nasty.

+Quote Post
TonkaTuff
post Aug 30 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,729

And the dog's heightened sense of smell makes up for the lack of low-light vision. Cats aren't, generally, scent-hunters, so you could potentially slip by them with Invisibility. Sneaking past a dog requires invisibility, silence, and some sort of scent-masking.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Aug 30 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 29 2008, 03:05 PM) *
Beacuse dogs are normally easier to train than a big cat but these gen-modded dogs might just cost to much though made in to a bio drone and cybered as well then well they could be nasty.

Most of the cost for these is R&D. Once that's done they just clone the hell out of the one critter. Cloning is cheap, its the accelerated maturing thats pricy. So you figure in production numbers it's probably 1,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) and 3-4 months to produce a puppy that can eat on its own, but is still easy to train.

And yep, they still have 6 Essence, so you can put in bio and cyber.

I'm guessing if they get rid of that gill problem and the nocturnal that it will sell for 5,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) .

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Aug 30 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #8

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

Gill problem? now they can catch runner underwater as well whats the negative. Nocturnal sure its a bummer but not to big a one as guard dogs are needed more at night than in the day although they would be worse at spotting things in day light.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Aug 31 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 30 2008, 06:24 PM) *
Gill problem? now they can catch runner underwater as well whats the negative. Nocturnal sure its a bummer but not to big a one as guard dogs are needed more at night than in the day although they would be worse at spotting things in day light.

I wanted to show that they were still a prototype and had unwanted traits. They consider the negative trait Berzerker as a positive, so I though it was intresting to have gills (a positive trait) be a possible negitive. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the genemapping.

and nocternal isn't really that big of a negitive, but I'm looking at it from a product specification point of view.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.