Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improved Reflexes and the improvement to Reaction
raggedhalo
post Sep 1 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,515

OK, so I've checked the FAQ and the errata and found nothing about this.

For the adept power Improved Reflexes (pg 188, BBB), it says that "For each level, you receive +1 dice to Reaction (this also affects Initiative) and 1 extra Initiative Pass."

I interpret this as providing +1 IP and +1 Reaction, like Wired Reflexes does. However, one of my players (the one who has it) interprets it as providing +1 IP (here we agree) but +1 die to Reaction tests, as per Combat Sense or Reakt or whatever). Which of us has it right?

Thanks,
Joe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Sep 1 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 948

It improves the Reaction Attribute and gives one extra initiative pass per level.

So yes, they will have a faster reaction time to dodging, driving a car ets as the brain manages to interpret information faster.

+Quote Post
raggedhalo
post Sep 1 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,515

Brilliant, thank you.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Sep 1 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #4

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

The catch here is to remember that it's an increase to the attribute, and not a dice pool modifier. So, it's affected by the augmented cap.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.