Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vehicle fuels in 2070, A look ahead
PhishStyx
post Sep 5 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,142

How does the gasoline based engine fare in the ultra-corporate world of 2070?

This has been bugging me for days now. For us, oil and it's processed products are everywhere, but in the next 60 - 70 years, won't gas become far too expensive to use as wells need to reach deeper into the ground than ever before to pull it out? The meat of my question is this: are methods of oil extraction going to win out over new types of vehicle engines and generators?

Perhaps this sounds like a strange question to ask, but I had a brief idea about sending my PC's on a run based on an offshore oil rig. However, if those rigs aren't being used, that changes the game a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Sep 5 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Gas cars are still around, have at it!

For even more kicks, have it be one that hasn't been updated in a long long long time.

Decker: I can't find its wireless signal anywhere, they've got some top notch security here!

Sammy: What if I just turn this knob.... Oh look, that did it.

Decker: *glare*

+Quote Post
Blade Of The Ris...
post Sep 5 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,319

QUOTE (PhishStyx @ Sep 5 2008, 08:14 PM) *
How does the gasoline based engine fare in the ultra-corporate world of 2070?

This has been bugging me for days now. For us, oil and it's processed products are everywhere, but in the next 60 - 70 years, won't gas become far too expensive to use as wells need to reach deeper into the ground than ever before to pull it out? The meat of my question is this: are methods of oil extraction going to win out over new types of vehicle engines and generators?

Perhaps this sounds like a strange question to ask, but I had a brief idea about sending my PC's on a run based on an offshore oil rig. However, if those rigs aren't being used, that changes the game a lot.

Arsenal, p98 Propulsion.

QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 5 2008, 08:15 PM) *

For even more kicks, have it be one that hasn't been updated in a long long long time.

Decker: I can't find its wireless signal anywhere, they've got some top notch security here!

Excelent.

+Quote Post
PhishStyx
post Sep 5 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Target

QUOTE (Blade Of The Rising Sun @ Sep 5 2008, 02:46 PM) *
Arsenal, p98 Propulsion.

Excellent, indeed, thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
PhishStyx
post Sep 5 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #5

Target

QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 5 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Is that the snickering of a GM I hear somewhere?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.