Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GenCon What's Up With Shadowrun Talk
FlakJacket
post Sep 7 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #1

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Have we had a thread about this yet and I've just missed it as I don't remember seeing anything and the search function isn't turning anything up? Looking at the main site and it's still showing Adam's post from before leaving for the Con as the last post on the front page. If there hasn't been I figure there were enough people there that could probably post about what was said.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Sep 7 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,246

The 20th anniversary of Shadowrun is coming up next year, got a lot of fun stuff planned. I may get some of the details wrong, so feel free to correct me.

Catalyst is going to keep with the new style used in Unwired and Runner's Companion of having a one page story at the head of each chapter.

There are going to be new novels coming out for SR, Mechwarrior Dark Age, and Classic Battletech, starting with SR in November, Classic Battletech in December, MW:DA in January, then SR, etc...

Catalyst is adding new RPG's to it's lineup, like Cthulhutech, in addition to other games of different types.

They have a plan for the SR line, where one product will be released to complement other products down the line. Like Runner's Companion having variant characters, because variants will be used more in upcoming products. Beware if they make a military book, because that will show that war is coming.

There was more, but my memory sucks.

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Sep 8 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

QUOTE (apollo124 @ Sep 7 2008, 11:03 AM) *
There are going to be new novels coming out for SR, Mechwarrior Dark Age, and Classic Battletech, starting with SR in November, Classic Battletech in December, MW:DA in January, then SR, etc...

Um...Neg. It is Mechwarrior November, CBT in December, SR in january, then rinse, repeat.

Anyway...where is the traditional podcast of this? I want to hear it.

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Sep 8 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,246

I went to work and got some time to think, so I remembered a little more.

A Shadowrun Almanac is in the works, Feral Cities (including New York and an update on Chicago) is coming, there are going to be supplemental books for sale download only (like extra stuff that couldn't fit into Street Magic), one of the new non-RPG games was a party card game called Paparazzi. I'm pretty sure I heard that InMediaRes has acquired the electronic rights to SR and Battletech, to many huzzah's.

Any Catalyst folk who want to chip in here, feel free. Please. Really.

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Sep 8 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (apollo124 @ Sep 7 2008, 10:42 PM) *
I went to work and got some time to think, so I remembered a little more.

Feral Cities (including New York and an update on Chicago) is coming,

Ah, actually Feral Cities will include Chicago and Lagos. New York is not, by definition, a feral city. (Yet. We'll see what SR:M does to it, hmmm?) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Sep 8 2008, 04:37 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

QUOTE (apollo124 @ Sep 7 2008, 10:42 PM) *
...I'm pretty sure I heard that InMediaRes has acquired the electronic rights to SR and Battletech, to many huzzah's.

I am pretty sure Catalyst did not acquire the electronic rights to either SR or CBT. They did get permission to do some software directly related to the paper RPGs such as a character creator.

Last I had heard, the SR, CBT, etc. electronic rights had been licensed by Jordan Weisman's company (Smith & Tinker). Here's hoping they do a Shadowrun MMORPG.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:15 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.