Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Karma for lifestyle
sunnyside
post Sep 8 2008, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,502

Basically this boils down to wanting to keep my players greedy. A lot of classes may figure that they've got their gun and armor what more do they want?

Anyway so I think I'll start giving bonuses to Karma based on lifestyle.

I'm wondering what people would think is "fair" or generally a good idea for that sort of thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steampunk
post Sep 8 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,298

Sound much like "Play the way I want and you'll get karma." Imho not a good thing. If you want the characters to be exactly like you want them, then play with yourself...

+Quote Post
Platinum Dragon
post Sep 8 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,176

The Karma for Nuyen house rule equates to much the same thing (spend money, gain Karma), but still allows people to roleplay being hobos who are forced to into the shadows because they can't make legitimate money, and all the money they do end up getting simply seems to slip through their fingers.

Otherwise you'll end up with everyone in the party gunning for luxury lifestyle, and to be honest, most runners wouldn't keep running if they were living the high life. Sure, some characters would, and if your entire group is that type, and all agree to it, you could give out extra Karma for higher lifestyles - just make sure the other players aren't feeling pieonholed into spending their cash on upkeep.

Or, you could institute both rules, but make the Karma returns on lifestyle lower (maybe hand out 2-5 Karma to the guy who bought a month of luxury lifestyle, while the other guy who cashed in his 100K during downtime by losing it all at the races or donating to charity gets a full 20 (at the standard 5K Yen = 1 Karma)).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.