IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: Phoenix Rising, In Character thread for the campiagn.
bmcoomes
post Sep 13 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,382

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1400hrs - Somewhere in the Seattle Metroplex--

On this brisk spring day outside with the sea breeze blowing warmer air through the Metroplex. You’re going about your daily business of getting set-up for the job that is coming your way or so you hear from rumor mill. Newsnet reports that warmer weather is on the way and possibility of rain for next couple of days.

Suddenly your commlink chirps to life with an incoming text message, the header comes up as.
<<Ochir_Sacred_Arrow>>
<<RE: Job Opportunity>>

If this is not a fake it’s the call you have been waiting for. Your contacts put out the word you were looking for work and it looks like your hopes have been answered. You have not heard of this Fixer “Ochir� but the message reads:
<<I hear you looking for some work. I might have something up you alley, please meet me at Nyen Lang by 1700. I hope you like Mongolian cuisine.>>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 13 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,304

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1400hrs - Carl's Jr. in Seattle

<<Ochir_Sacred_Arrow>>
<<I hear you looking for some work. I might have something up you alley, please meet me at Nyen Lang by 1700. I hope you like Mongolian cuisine.>>

Jake saves the message as a hyperlink off of his cybereye record, and takes another chug of his soda. He takes a bite of his soyburger, and flips a AR page of his latest comic book. Following the adventures of the Avengers over a hundred years takes alot of back-reading, but he was working on it. Luckily, the Annotated version had links to any crossovers or plot references, so he was slowly, but surely, assimilating some serious American mythology. He bookmarked the page before getting engrossed, and closed the window.

Who the fuck is Ochir_Sacred_Arrow? Bringing his throwaway comm with the SIN that said he was Brad Pate online, he navigated over into the ShadowMatrix, and wrote a quick search protocol.

:LoopStart
Search<"Ochir_Sacred_Arrow" OR "Ochir" OR "Ochir Sacred Arrow">.
Prioritize "Fixer", "Seattle","opinion".
Compile<"Ochir_Sacred_Arrow.datasearch.hits">
IF Chrono<1500 THEN GOTO LoopStart
Encrypt<Ochir_Sacred_Arrow.datasearch.hit"> to <"Inbox.04102070.txt">
Delete<"Ochir_Sacred_Arrow.datasearch.hits">
Ping Audio "You've got results!";Port:Cyberear;Volume:7
Ping Video "You've got results: Ochir_Sacred_Arrow Search. Meeting in 2 hours 00 minutes at Nyen Lang!";Port:Cybereye;Opacity 8

He compiles the node script, and hands it off to his Agent, who he unleashes into the list of his most useful data havens, with his latest passwords for the shadow communities.

[ Spoiler ]

Then, he downloads an AR beacon for his mapping software, so he can find his way to the meet, as it registers on his AR as a huge column of light flashing rainbow colors among the spires of the Emerald City, and a route laid out on the path from wherever he's standing on the grid to it, in a wriggling translucent tube of golden light connecting a spot just at his feet to the entrance of the Nyen Lang, which he also looks up the public page for.

[ Spoiler ]

All this between a bite of his triple BombBurger with "Bacon!"* and the time it took him to finish it off and have another sip of soda. Life is good for the Wired... Back to issue #437...

+Quote Post
Shalimar
post Sep 13 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,322

Renton, Talismonger's Shop. 1:50 PM, Thursday April 10th, 2070

Charlie Decker walked into Elan Vital, or rather July Tascar did. So proclaimed the brand new commlink she had picked up in the big box retailor. It was really quite fun, and now she was 2 completely different people, able to swap back and forth by switching her commlinks. The new commlink wasn't as good as her personal one, but then again, daddy wasn't around to tell her price was no obstacle, she needed the commlink for July and she'd had to make her nuyen stretch until she started making more.

[ Spoiler ]

The young mage approached the big human who ran the shop with a smile. Mike was a friend, a really good friend of the family. Her dad had given him his start at Shiawase, a ticket off the streets and out of the gangs. Ever since then he'd stayed pretty close with her dad, even after leaving shiawase to open his shop. Mike was the closest thing she had to a teacher, he had given her her own start with magic when she came to him after awakening. Now that she'd mastered that last formula he'd given her she was hoping he might give her a bit of a brake on some new spells to write into her Book of Shadows.

"Hey Mike, how's business going?" she asks, plopping herself down in a chair next to his. She planned to be here for awhile, their visits tended to start at a couple of hours and had even run to a couple of days in the past. He was a very big influence on her magic, and she wasn't quite sure if she was hoping for him to formalize their master apprentice relationship. It would be great to be able to have a 100% reliable teacher, but she was also a pretty independent person. Besides the current arrangement was working out pretty good, she'd buy spell formula, often at a bit of a discount, and go back and ask him for instruction only if she needed it.

"Well, I finished up with the make over formulae, and it was totally kicking. I made my hair turn blue, then I made it green, then easter grass purple. So...do you think I could get a few more formulas now that I'm done with that one? I was thinking I'd ike to try that levitation spell next if thats ok with you...so how much do you figure for it?"

[ Spoiler ]

"Wait a second Mike, I'm getting a message...sweet, its something I've been waiting for. I have a dinner meeting tonight at 5:00pm at Nyen Lang. Thanks for putting the word out for me, it looks like its paying off." Charlie tells him, grinning widely, this was it, her first shadow run, a day of more firsts than she had originally thought. "It looks like I wont have time to sit and chat today though, not if I want to get home and then make it there in time...so how much do I owe you for the formula?"[/color] she asks. Once he gives her the number she slots her credstick, takes the formula and bids her mentor good bye, asking him to wish her luck. She hurries home to prepare for the meeting.

Once she gets home she decides to update her look to a slightly more professional one, but nothing too formal, a pair of tan slacks, a green silk blouse, and a gold jacket. Next she concentrates on her appearance putting her new make over spell into affect, it changes her hair from its normal blonde to red, paints her nails a matching if understated color, and generally gets her looking her best, and slightly older mid-twenties instead of late teens when taken with her outfit.

[ Spoiler ]

Happy with her new look, Charlie picks out a matching purse and puts in her Predator IV loaded with Gel Rounds. She slipped on her glasses to complete the picture of a young twenty something out meeting someone for dinner. After that, it was time to head out if she wanted to make it to the resturant on time. She was glad it wasn't quite to the solstice yet, the sun wouldn't go down for quite a while, meaning she had a bit of back up if things turned bad.

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Sep 14 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 8,014

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1400hrs - Sea View Condos Building, Seattle Metroplex--

The chirping tone that announces an incoming message interupts DD's skimming over the latest gossip on "Fame&Fortune" while still in her bed. A quick glance at the header displayed in an AR window by her implanted commlink - sometimes, ok, often, spam messages make it through the filter, so DD's used to quickly deleting mail - makes her realize that this is not some advertising, but the genuine thing: a Job offer!

Finally!

The woman's elation at the news is a bit dimmed when she realises that she has no idea who this "Ochir Sacred Arrow" is, and why and what he picked her for. Wrinkling her nose, DD ponders this. Even though Seattle, for all its claim at being avant-garde, has no P2.0 system, there are other venues to check the reputation of someone. Closing her eyes, DD goes fully VR and conducts out some quick searches for "Ochir Sacred Arrow" as well as "Nyen Lang".

[ Spoiler ]

"Mongolian Cuisine..."

DD thinks loud about what manner of dress might be most appropriate for the meeting, but remains torn between "hardened runner look" and corporate chic.

I wonder if Jake's involved in this...

DD decides to call the ork and find out, sending him a message while she takes a shower.

<<Hi Jake! I got a job offer, or an invitation for a meeting tonight in the Nyen Lang. Do you know anything about this? If you call back it'll be voice only, I am in the shower. DD.>>

That'll probably delay an answer for a few minutes at least...

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Sep 14 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #5

Dragon

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1430hrs - Sea View Condos Building, Seattle Metroplex--

Stepping out of the shower, DD goes over the results of her earlier search again.

<<Ochir: Real name Ochir, no known last name, a Mongolian Ork. Known Adept (Archery). High shadow reputation, former prime runner, retired and became a Shadow Fixer in Seattle.>>

Lots of rumors about past runs... high profile. Not a wanna-be then.

<<Nyen Lang: Tibetan and Mongolian cuisine with a nightly magic show. No known ties to organized crime, said to be considered neutral ground.>>

Not really known for a regular runner treff...

DD decides against showing up in full runner gear. The lined coat is a must, with the acidic rain common to this town, but she picks out a short, slightly orientalic looking dress to wear in the restaurant.

+Quote Post
Shalimar
post Sep 14 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1600hrs - Bellevue, Seattle Metroplex--

Once she was good and ready with her preperations Charlie called her father's the car service to take her to the resturant. As she closed her commlnk connection Charlie sighed, this was the last month of the yearly subscription, and it was just another thing that she would be losing out on when she moved at the end of the month. At the moment her only prospect for a place to stay was the cheap apartment she'd rented for her Tascar ID on short notice just to get an address linked to the ID. She would need to do a serious search for a place that she could afford, but also wouldn't be sacrificing too much in the way of comforts. Maybe Mike would know someone who was looking for a roomie, with a bit of magical consulting work on doing wards she'd defintely be able to get a good place if she had someone to share it with. The standard rates are like 100 an hour for doing wards, I should be able to cover half the rent on a good place with maybe a week per month. Anything past that is gravy, and that includes payment from runs, and any other consulting work that pops up. That should totally do nicely.

While she waited for the car to arrive, Charlie decided to use the time for practice. You had to be good to make it as a shadow runner, and a large part of that was practice. Calling upon the power of her locket she used her magic to slow time, or so it appeared to her. To be more exact, she was heightening her reflexes, she was speeding herself up. She pulled the mana of the spell through a bracelet on her right wrist, until she was confident that when she released it the bracelet, in actuality a sustaining focus would do its job.

[ Spoiler ]

With only an hour until the dinner meeting she was more than a little impatient, and more than a little anxious. It was her first real meeting with a prospective employer, and she had to fit in. She'd met that DD girl and Jake, but that was different, they were potential teammates, this time it was a paycheck on the line. She did wonder if they had gotten the meeting offer as well. She decided to find out.

<Text Message From July Tascar> Hi J, I have a dinner date tonight at Nyen Lang, I was wondering if you had gotten the invitation to the party too. Let me know.

Once the car picked her up Charlie started to run over all of the data she knew about the Resturant in her head.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 14 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1415hrs - Carl's Jr. in Seattle

<<Hi Jake! I got a job offer, or an invitation for a meeting tonight in the Nyen Lang. Do you know anything about this? If you call back it'll be voice only, I am in the shower. DD.>>

Voice only? Damn. I'll wait till I get back to my room. He gets on his old Harley, cranking it up and lets the GridLink take him back to his motel room. He checks in on his Agent's progress, seeing it steadily cramming a file to the gills with references, he starts filtering out bad hits, and rerouting priorities...

1445hrs - Best Western, Seattle
Checking himself out in the mirror, he runs his right hand over the low dome that is his rapidly shrinking gut. "No more love handles...couple more months and I'll be fucking -tight-." His fingers brush over his slowly-reappearing abs... "Nice."

He clicks through the motel's Matrix access node, and sits down on the bed. Closing his eyes, he loses himself in the feed, pouring his digital soul into the great radio web...

Ten minutes, and sixty-five different entertainment and shopping sites later:
"Oh shit, I was gonna call DD back." The avatar of the ork, a seven-foot wererat with black fur, red eyes, a cyborg hand, eye, ear and tail, and the Mark of Chaos on his forehead, stops and pulls out a Runeblade, the visual icon of his Encrypt 6 prog, opens a window, gouges the knife into the corner, then begins feeding it DD's commcode.

<<Chat invitation from: Jake>>
<<Invitation: Hey hotness. Listen, I got your message, sorry I didn't answer back faster, got a tad distracted. I'm on now, and yes, I got the same invite. I've got a thorough search going on the fixer, once I get it all back and collated, I'll share. No fee, but if you feel like giving me a peek to show I'm appreciated...damn sure won't say 'no'. Left a chat channel open, hit me when you get this.>>

With that, he sets the window minimized, and goes back to looking for some more pirated copies of Dungeon Keeper 3...the VR version isn't going to write itself, and Bullfrog Games died off -ages- ago...

1600hrs - Best Western, Seattle, and deep in cyberspace...
"You've got results: Ochir_Sacred_Arrow Search. Meeting in 2 hours 00 minutes at Nyen Lang!" The text pops, as well as the voice of his agent, alerts him, and he stops, setting the download to automatic and pausing the Edit/Reality Filter combo in mid-imp design. Opening the folder full of hits, he puts in his password and decrypts it, and dives in to make sense of it all.

"Real name is actually Ochir... no listed last name... Mongolian... Orc... confirmed PhysAd... archery nut. Shadow reputation is pretty swuft... prime runner... retired to fixer work in Seattle... Highlight runs would be... Bug City clearing, Renraku arcology shutdown, and Deus’ escape from the arcology. Nice. This guy's a pro."

He shaves off the crap, recompiles and encrypts...then saves it, deleting the unencrypted copy completely. "Nice work." The white-furred mousegirl in the turtleneck and labcoat blushes, clutching her clipboard tightly, and vanishes.

1600hrs - Best Western, Seattle, and deep in cyberspace...
A shy, quiet, but somehow alluring voice piped into Jake's ear...or rather, Skathan Blacktail's ear.
"You have one hour till your meet at Nyen Lang. Shall I run the tracker to assist you in arriving on time?" Jake looked over at his agent, the demure, bespectacled mouse girl based off the stereotypical "mousy bookworm girl"(Think Velma from Scooby Doo and Winifred from Angel) he called Marie. "Yeah, thanks, run the program, I'll be meatside in a second." He forced himself back into his own body, as a ping informed him of an incoming text.

<<July Tascar: Hi J, I have a dinner date tonight at Nyen Lang, I was wondering if you had gotten the invitation to the party too. Let me know.>> Son of a bitch, how many people know I'm here? He sighed, he was still off his game, had made too many waves coming here already, it seemed. Oh well, at least she's someone I know. Fuck it, might as well act like I know something. He messages her back.

<<Jake>>
<<July...July...Jonas' friend. I remember you. Yeah, on my way there myself, apparently, whoever it is, wants some cowboys on the job, they tapped me and another one, who's more edgy, but not as connected. I'll introduce you. Apparently, the fixer's a real fierce fucker. Knows his shit, and is not one to casually fuck with. See you there. And one more thing...try to let me do the talking... I wouldn't want you getting hurt before we're getting paid for it.>>

With that, he goes to his clothes, pulls on combat boots, programmable jeans with integral belt(set to relaxed fit, and faded blue denim), a black LCD t-shirt that reads "Pandora, Guitar Heroin Tour", and a image of a purple-haired stage goddess laying it on hard on a guitar...around this, his black silk button-up with the long sleeves and the SweatProof lining, which he buttons up over the shirt. A pair of redundant AR shades in his hair, shock gloves in a pocket, a pair of AR gloves over his hands (covering his wedding ring), one commlink sitting in the compartment in his cyberarm, the other in a pocket. Internal commlink is set Autistic (beyond hidden, the wireless feature is OFF, DNI only), and goes over himself, making sure his system reads as Brad, and furthermore, that he is unhackable. All cyberware autistic as well, the only access to him through the now-empty pair of datajacks. He slaves the pants and shirt to the pocketed comm, and heads out the door. Climbing on his Scorpion, he checks to make sure his guns are still where he left them, and takes off.

+Quote Post
DWC
post Sep 14 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1415hrs, Snohomish, Seattle, UCAS

The bright red Ferrari's V-16 engine screamed as the transmission downshifted and the throttle cut back, the force of the turn hammering him against the inside of his coccon. At the apex, the throttle slammed open, the engine gulping in the exhaust-tinged air, and the car leapt out of the corner like it'd been fired from a cannon.

The silver SK2071 misses the apex, and gets passed like it's standing still.

Along with several million others watching the race, Truth leaped up out of his seat, throwing his hands in the air in celebration. The Gran Prix of Vegas was always a race worth watching, especially early in the season when Ferrari was still running last season's car.

Truth sees the message, and ignores it for the moment. The race will be over in two laps.

+Quote Post
Oenone
post Sep 14 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,167

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1405hrs - Etoiles Downtown Seattle Loft Conversion--

Sitting cross legged on the floor of her apartment Etoile idly lights another noxious unfiltered cigarette, the smell of strong tobacco mixing with the lingering smell of imported perfume a little too expensive for her means and gun oil.

Her commlink, left negligently over by the narrow little skylight beeps as a new message comes in. Exhaling a cloud of smoke she stretches out to grab for it, scrolling through the text as she drops ash into an empty wine bottle.

<<Ochir_Sacred_Arrow>>

Hmm, work it has been a while.... But Mongolian cuisine?

She sighs and heads for her wardrobe, the only object in her room which comes close to qualifying as furniture, hunting around for the silver and light blue cocktail dress. Then pulling out a matching jacket and her form fitting body armour.

I suppose now will be a good time to invest in that map software I saw the other day. Or perhaps I'll just take a cab there. She shrugs. Cabs are easier to track, so the map it is then. Merde this means a shopping trip.

+Quote Post
Shalimar
post Sep 14 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

--Thursday April 10, 2070. 1605hrs - Bellevue, Seattle--

When the car finally arrives at 4:05, Charlie climbs into the back of the BMW 400GT and givesthe driver the address of the resturant. Operatng from Bellevue, the car service was the soul of discretion, she had needed only to call from her home link-up and instruct the company to send out a car and pick up a young woman and drive her anywhere she needed to go. It was immaterial the name of the passenger, since a large part of thee company's service was discretion. Charlie had the July Commlink in her lap typing on the keyboard in AR mode by the time the car pulled out of the driveway.

Now that she was actually using the commlink, she could see where she'd need to get some programs for it, and an agent or two. Plus some upgrades...but that was all going to cost, she'd need to score some cash before she got to that. If they really were on a run together maybe Jake could hook her up with some of it on the cheap, it was something to think about. A pop-up in her glasses told her that she had gotten a reply from Jake.

<<Jake>>
<<July...July...Jonas' friend. I remember you. Yeah, on my way there myself, apparently, whoever it is, wants some cowboys on the job, they tapped me and another one, who's more edgy, but not as connected. I'll introduce you. Apparently, the fixer's a real fierce fucker. Knows his shit, and is not one to casually fuck with. See you there. And one more thing...try to let me do the talking... I wouldn't want you getting hurt before we're getting paid for it.>>

<<July>>
<<Never been to Nyen Lang, but it has a pretty solid rep for being neutral. It's also known for having magic shows everynight, so tonight could be very entertaining if nothing else. Thanks for the heads up on the host, I'll try not to offend anyone.>>

After she sent off her reply to Jake, Charlie got down to the business of creating the icon for her new commlink and its July Tascar persona. She wanted it to look semi-professional so she started with the spitting image of a young corp exec in a pants-suit, but she didn't really like the look of that. She let the icon's hair down, changed it to green, and added a red witch's hat. Next she traded the suit for calf-high black leather boots, brown tights, and a loose fitting cream blouse. Over all of it she wrapped a red cloak and added an ornate staff with runes and symbols carved into it.

Looking out the window to note the location of the car, Charlie decided that it would do for now, and that she could go back and add animations to various actions later. She was good enough with commlinks to be a graphic artist and she knew she would spends hour getting every little motion correctly translated.

+Quote Post
deadman
post Sep 15 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 16,339

thursday aug 10,2070 some where in redmond

in deep medatation and contaplation of my belly lint,I am jolted back to reality by a shrill beeping of my com unit telling me about a job

<<Scared_Arrow>>

Who the heck are they?,guess I will find out, better start geting ready if I am going to make it by 1700,never thought Ochir had any taste Mongolian please

+Quote Post
DWC
post Sep 15 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1418hrs, Snohomish, Seattle, UCAS

The Ferrari completes its' victory lap as Truth opens the incoming message. After a quick scan, he heads for the shower. As he cleans up, a traffic report zips past, followed by a quick look at the menu of Nyen Lang.

Tasty.

Freshly scrubbed, he collects a pair of jeans with nothing spilled on them from the floor, throws on an armored vest under a rumpled oxford shirt, and pulls on an old pair of running shoes. The ubiquitous Ares Predator IV slides into an armpit holster under a simple sport coat. Down in the cavernous garage, his truck's engine roars to life, then settles into a throaty rumble.

[ Spoiler ]

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1453hrs, I-5 Southbound, Snohomish, Seattle, UCAS

Truth splits his time between issuing orders to the pilot program, cruising the Matrix for pictures of anyone noteworthy coming out of Nyen Lang, and snooping for information on "Ochir Sacred Arrow" as the work truck bulls its' way through the afternoon traffic.

[ Spoiler ]

Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1557hrs, Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Truth cuts off a limo and dives across two lanes of traffic to hit his off ramp. At an obscured part of the turn, the tailgate drops, and a hiss of compressed air fires the MCT rotodrone into the air. At the top of its' arc, the electric motor hums to life, and the drone helicopter disappears into the afternoon sky with a quick shimmer.

[ Spoiler ]

The truck's status sits in a window in the corner of his field of vision as he stretches his rotors and soaks in the afternoon sky, headed for the restaurant.

+Quote Post
crizh
post Sep 15 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

--Thursday April 10, 2070. 0605hrs - Downtown, Seattle--

Gecko hung by one hand from the tip of the spire. He had his feet braced against it so that he appeared to be standing. Not that anyone could see him with the stealth coating on his armour.

He was annoyed, this would look so cool on the tri-d but it just wasn't the same for real. For starters the light that flashed to warn aircraft was making his eyes hurt despite the Flare Compensation.

Still the view from the tip of the Space Needle was breathtaking.

He particularly liked the solitude. For all that things had changed, he wasn't the powerless runt anymore and he had many trusted friends, he was more alone now than he had ever been. The painful truth was that Alain did not feel the same as he did. He was starting to doubt that he really felt the way that he thought he did, perhaps what he felt was just an illusion caused by youth, inexperience and hero worship.

It was time to put childish things aside. He was ready now to start running the Shadows for real. Maybe if he concentrated on something else for a while this would all work itself out.

Alain had said something was in the wind, perhaps today would bring some action.

He waited for the first rays of dawn to break over the horizon before starting his descent.

--Thursday April 10, 2070. 1400hrs - Tacoma, Seattle--

After lunch he was sparring with Francois when his comm beeped in his mind. He layed the older man out on his back, bowed and opened the message window.

<<Ochir_Sacred_Arrow>>

He clapped his hands with excitement and helped his partner up from the floor.

Well that's it, looks like I'm officially a Shadowrunner, drinks are on me tonight.

--Thursday April 10, 2070. 1640hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle--

Crouched on a rooftop several hundred yards away with line of sight to the entrance of the restaurant Gecko settled down to see who else would turn up to this meet. Alain had hinted that the French girl he rented to was likely to be on the short-list. He'd met Etoile a few times in the cafe but wasn't sure about her, she seemed very stand-offish.

On the other hand she was French.

Time will tell, he told himself.

+Quote Post
bmcoomes
post Sep 15 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,382

--Thursday April 10th, 2070 at 1700 hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle--

Truth: You really don't see anyone special come or go until 1800 hrs. When an Ork riding a Harley Scorpion and wareing deep earth tone maroon trimmed in gold. Pulls into the parking lot of Nyen Lang, parks his bike and walks in. Then later you see other shadow types file in one at a time.

Gecko: You see some other shadow types show up and one of them is Etoile. Nothing else real happens.

To All:

You Arrive at Nyen Lang just before the meet. You seen there is not line to get in, just a large ork bouncer standing at the front door. As you approach the bouncer pings your commlink, getting a response he waves you in as he holds the door.
He says "Your in the back room."

Fabric covers the walls and rather than having traditional tables and booths. There are traditional Tibetan/Mongolian short tables and cushions and pillows which are deep earth tones and trimmed in a vibrant gold’s and purples. The lighting is low and inviting. There is a state of the art trid that covers one of the large walls. Tibetan/Mongolian new world music plays at the perfect volume either to dance to or carry on a conversation over. Few of performers on stage are dancing to the music in addition to Air elementals. The wait staff is tactically located around the place. A think sent of sandal wood clings to the air from incenses. You also notice that there is a well developed AR interface but there are also notes that there is an “astral� interface also. The few patrons that are here seem to be enjoying the company with the sound of laughter and the melody happy conversation.

You’re escorted to the back room by one of the wait staff. As you push the heavy tapestry back there is a large room which carries the same theme, but there are a couple of low tables set up in a hexagon with a massive fest laid out. Standing at the head table is an ork you can only assume is Ochir. He stands about 5’8� well built even under his Modern/Traditional clothing. He wares the traditional clothing with modern lines; they are of deep earth tone maroon trimmed in gold. Ochir is well groomed; you notice a strange ring on his right thumb and a wedding band on his left hand, and two Native American arm bands one on each arm. He stands there with a smile on his face.
“Please come sit be comfortable, we have much to talk about and learn from each other,�
As he waves his hand toward the table motioning you sit.
"Noowan please sit here at my table with me."

(Charlie, Ralph, and Dancing eyes – Make an Astral Perception test)

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 15 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Jake comes in behind DD and Charlie, hair slicked back, dressed up a little, looking alot more professional than usual, and has a seat with them. He smiles at the music, always a fan of good folk music, and starts recording it for listening and getting more later.

Using the AR interface, he orders some "safe" beef dish, and a cola, and settles in to see what this guy has to offer him worth his time...

+Quote Post
Zaranthan
post Sep 15 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,949

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1700hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle--

Dancing Eyes paused down the block from the Nyen Lang, watching his mapsoft's pathfinder cycle through various animal tracks. Sacred Arrow, huh? Cute nicknames don't get you far in this world. They certainly hadn't gotten him past package deliveries and pickpocketing. Hopefully this would provide a better test of his skills, it would be a terrible disappointment if his big city dreams amounted to nothing more.

A little professionalism wouldn't hurt, though. A sigh escaped his lips as he paused the news ticker that had earned him the nickname "Tick-Tock". Apparently the rhythmic movement of his eyes resembled the workings of some ancient device used by people who couldn't afford a real timepiece.

He proceeds into the restaurant, taking a seat in the middle of the room when offered. There is no such thing as having one's back turned in the spirit world.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Shalimar
post Sep 15 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Charlie's car dropped her off in front of the resturant 10 minutes ahead of the meeting and then zipped away. Charlie swapped her commlink into passive mode and then subscribed it to to the resturant's AR before walking in. The red haired teenager shifted her perceptions over to the astral one she caught sight of the air elementals, curious as to just what was going on in the astral, especially with the note on the 'Astral Interface'. Once she had taken a look around, she notices Jake and the woman with him and joins them as they pass into the back room.

She sends in her dinner order via AR interface, the meal she had picked out earlier when checking out the resturant's page, and then sent Jake a chat invitation, figuring this would be a good time for him to introduce her to his friend...and being connected might also keep her from making a slip up.

<<Chat invitation from: July>>
<<Invitation:
Hey Jake, want to introduce me to your friend...and keep me from saying the wrong thing?>>

Astral Perception tests
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
crizh
post Sep 15 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

--Thursday April 10th, 2070. 1700hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle--

Gecko paused at the threshold. He could feel a number of Spirits within.

Time to pay attention to the old spidey-sense I think.

Calming his own Chi with a slow intake of breath he paid attention to the ripples of Mana that washed over him as he wandered through to the back room.

[ Spoiler ]

When the ladies were seated Gecko took a chair and started to peruse the menu while carefully sizing up the impressive Ork they were here to meet and the strangers he might shortly be trusting with his life.

I hope one of these guys is a hacker, this comm-link is an accident waiting to happen on a run.

Gecko's comm-link was running in Hidden mode and had the best Firewall and anti-hacking tools money could buy but he suspected it was going to be easy prey for the corp spiders they were likely to run up against and he really needed a stealthy way to communicate with his team.

Relax kid, one of these guys, at least, is a hacker and will make sure everybody's comm-link is secure. That's half his job and no run ever goes off without someone to do it.

He ordered what he hoped was the chicken.

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Sep 15 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #19

Dragon

Picture

Stepping out of the cab, DD takes stock of the restuarant's exteriour. She's wearing her hair blonde for once, and all her cyberware has wireless turned off, with the exception of her implanted commlink, which is in hidden mode, with her Agent "Al" watching out. Her decoy commlink is set in a stylish "Holster" on her thigh - the Zoé "Derringer" model, from the late "Wild West" line - and she is running it through the skinlink, with her implant serving as security buffer.

No line... can't be that fashionable then... hope I am not overdressed...

DD is wearing a short red dress, vaguely chinese-style. Not exactly mongolian, but then, trying to out-ethno the originals never worked well, too much possible gaffes one could committ. Chinese should be close enough to Mongolia to fit in. DD just hopes she hasn't missed some ethnic feud between chinese and mongols.

She arives with Jake and a new girl, Charlie. A mage of sorts, if she understood correctly. Looks rather young, but dressed well. She'd fit well into a sim as the spunky rebellious teenager with talent, probably falling for a tall dark and brooding male, maybe switching to a you man of similar age and better character, if the brooding one didn't change.
Jake of course would be the slightly comic-relief male techhead that gets the girl, to appeal to the male engineer demographic. If only this was L.A., there is potential here!

DD suppresses a sigh, planting a dazzling smile on her face, and walks toward the ork bouncer with all the "They're waiting for me, don't hold me up" attitude she can muster, beneath a veneer of politeness. It must have worked, since the ork bouncer waves her and the rest through!

I hope "back room" means "VIP Area".

The inside looks as the VR tour in the matrix node promised - pillows for sitting, sandalwood scent, ethno design. All very posh.

Good thing we got Jake dressed up a bit. Even if I had to spoof the cameras in the changing room for a quarter hour or we'd have been thrown out.

The performers on stage with air elementals cause DD to feel a bit ill at ease - magic is not something she is familiar with, not truly wants to be - but it's hip and trendy, so she smiles at the display with the same practised ease she used to tell men they were great.

Charlie will cover us if anything goes wrong with the spirits. Hopefully. I'd rather not play the scene where the young spunky kid makes a serious mistake so she'll grow into a competent runner later during the show, with some angst about having gotten her team mates killed.

The backroom is as impressive, and DD makes an impressed sound as they enter - both at the room's decor as well as at the well-groomed ork standing there, Ochir she presumes.

Never hurts to make the men feel good about themselves. Especially the married ones.

Using the comm net linking her with Jake and Charlie, she send out a small comment while sitting down.

<<So, that's 'ow you'll look like once your dietware is done with you?>>

Kneeling down on the pillows DD takes the room in, a smile on her face and a flirty touch to her manner while she studies the other people present and waits for the meeting to start. She makes her order after a quick check with her "All the ethno food you can eat safely with a John" file back from her days in New Orleans.

+Quote Post
Shalimar
post Sep 15 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

<<Chat>>
<<
This place is wild guys, the astral is totally lit up, I haven't ever seen anything like it. There's an army of little watcher spirits zipping around waiting on people. A few small low key normal spirits too. I almost wish I hadn't put my order in over the AR, this is so Wiz...Just so you know, I think I only see two or three of the waiters that aren't awakened.>>

+Quote Post
DWC
post Sep 15 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

--Thursday April 10th, 2070 at 1700 hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle—

As the time of the meet draws near, the others arrive and file in. Four stories above the street, Truth swoops in and alights on a building parapet next to a gargoyle, settling in on his virtual haunches. The little drone’s exterior fades into the stonework, its’ landing tripod secured to the building with its’ Gecko Tips™. He double checks that the camera has an unobstructed view of the restaurant’s kitchen entrance and loading dock, then returns his consciousness to his own body, before taking control of the pickup. He quickly glances around the parking lot before settling a camera on the front door and another on the passing traffic.

Satisfied that his bets are covered, he jumps back into Captain’s Chair mode to run a quick pre-flight check on the fire support drone in the enclosed bed. Comforted by the row of green lights, he jumps out of VR and back completely into his own skin.

He checks himself out in the visor mirror, runs a hand through his spikey hair, turns up the green glow of his cybernetic irises, then climbs down from the cab and hurries across the parking lot and into the meeting. After a quick look around and some apologetic nods, he takes a seat off to the side of the main conversation, trying to be unassuming.

“Sorry I’m late. What’s good here?�

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Sep 15 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #22

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Ralph is an average looking early 30's man dressed in the ever-stylish actioneer business clothes. He has a slightly rumpled and unkempt appearance, though its obvious he did his best to look professional for the meet. He has goggles worn or hangling from his neck, and a trode net hidden within his hair.

Ralph walks into the restaurant and follows the bouncers instructions to head to the back room. He keeps his eyes and ears open, always picking up any clues he can, a practice he can never seem to stop. He makes a quick trip to the restroom to make sure he got the stain out of his suit and checks his pistol in its holster before heading into the back room. He makes a slow walk around the room checking out the decor and everything before having a seat. He sits quietly, not knowing anyone else here, just observing. Once everyone is in the room he checks about astrally, not only to check out the very fancy looking magical aid in the joint, but to see who else can access the astral plane.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Oenone
post Sep 15 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,167

--Thursday April 10th, 2070 at 1700 hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle—
Having done an idle walk around the block, ostensibly to give her time to finish one last home rolled cigarette, but in reality to check out the neighborhood for good escape routes, Etoile enters the restaurant following the bouncers directions without comment.

[ Spoiler ]

Pausing to glance around the back room Etoile settles in whichever seat is furthest from people. Her eyes shift between each of the other dinner guests, the door and then finally linger on the host. There is a long pause and then, almost as if responding to invisible cue cards she smiles at each person in turn. Smiles which somehow come across more wolfish than friendly....

[ Spoiler ]

A crowd, delightful and what is this food? Can I not eat it? Will he mind? Bah I should have looked this up before hand, why did I let myself start reading Oresteia before a job?

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Sep 15 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #24

Dragon

--Thursday April 10th, 2070 at 1705 hrs - Nyen Lang, Seattle--

Charlie's information abut the astral aspect of the restaurant doesn't cause her to get as excited as the mage - although she does try not to let it show.

<<Really? Cool!>>

I just hope all those spirits are under control...

DD looks the rest of the runners over, partially to get over her slight nervousness at the massive presence of magic in the location. Ralph catches her attention first, and she smiles at him.

Hm... crumpled appearance, and a bit older, but he has the "experienced touch" pat down. That could be a good mentor figure, or the "man with a past", whose secrets come up in a few episodes. Could get a love interest from among the team, and then some tension when an old flame pops up.

DD's putting up her usual cheerful friendly and flirty front, helped by her tailored pheromones while she looks the rest of the team over.

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Coldhand Jake
post Sep 15 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

<<Chat channel>>
<<Okay. Charlie, here's the basics.>>
<< You've got enough skills that one of your contacts has slipped your name into a list for the same job as me and DD. First all, congrats on impressing someone in the know with what I assume was your magic. What that means is, Ochir here probably knows about 80% of your abilities in whatever that person bragged on you about. Again, assuming that's magic, that would mean you're here as a magical resource.>>
<<That being the case, you want to come across as competent, and if possible, confident, without being a cocky-ass liability. I'm lowballing here, with the shades and gloves, which I -don't- need, and the nice shirt because I, A), don't trust this guy yet, and B) don't want my wedding ring or cyberarm or tattoos on any cameras, and C)to present an air of professionalism, as I'm already damn competent and confident.>>
<< Your basic job here, is to listen to what he needs, and plan honestly as to if you can do it. Alot of runners get dead their first run for biting off more than they can chew. I have to assume there's so many takers here, because he assumed half would walk out when they hear the offer. Don't be afraid to do that, if he's asking for something ridiculous. If you want, you can follow my lead there.>>
<< All in all, watch the other possible employees, they're watching us too. Keep an eye out for other Awakened, see if they're toxic, or nasty, and basically try to establish if they're going to be trouble. Don't act on it, just file it away.>>
<<Finally, expect to be misled and out-right lied to. Whoever Ochir represents, 95% chance they don't want anyone knowing they're involved. His commlink's going to be full of misleading crap, anything he's carrying will be planted intentionally to point you in the wrong direction if any at all...we're going to be told just enough to guess if we can do this, and not so much we could get righteous and indignant and try to stop it. If we say 'yes', then we get enough info to do the job if we're great. But not enough to make it easy.>>

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.