IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V  « < 93 94 95 96 97 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upgraded Character Generator, Updated Generator Based on work from Autarkis and Blakkie
Jhaiisiin
post Dec 8 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #2351

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,334

Both Desktop Forges come up as costing 0. Should be 15000 for the small and 150,000 for the large.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Dec 8 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #2352

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,014

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Dec 5 2011, 02:43 PM) *
No I was talking about the Damage Overflow. The Character had a natural 1 in BOD, and all 5 limbs customized to 6 and enhanced +3 for a net 9, yet the damage overflow was only 1 box/circle. The additional boxes on the physical Condition monitor were fine (18).

Ah, I see what your talking about and its a big problem! The overflow cells are calculating off of the characters Base Body Attribute rather than their Modified Attribute. I suspect this is an artifact from long ago when the sheet did not have a seperate 'Damage Resist' modifier, so Dermal Plating and other Damage resist mods were going into modBody.

Anyway, it is now fixed in version w. If you want to do a quick fix on your existing sheet you can change the formula on the Overflow cells in the CharSheet tab to use 'modBody' instead of 'baseBody'.

Thanks for finding this one Dakka!

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Dec 9 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #2353

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Description error on bioware: Reception Enhancer. It adds +1 to Perception per rating, not Reception.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Dec 10 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #2354

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Dec 5 2011, 10:03 PM) *
They changed it in the anniversary edition.

Only in the sense that the Anniversary edition incorporates all earlier errata.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Dec 14 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #2355

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mäx @ Dec 10 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Only in the sense that the Anniversary edition incorporates all earlier errata.

Not sure how its related, but when I read this I thought about the first time I visited a gaming store as a teenager. I had been gaming for years but we never had a gaming store... we ordered our D&D and shadowrun books through Walden Books at the Mall in the next town over.

So the gaming store was a big deal. I parused a bit, then took a book and sat at a table to skim through it. There was another gamer there, someone I had not met before. He was heavyset and had long greasy hair. If his nerdy glasses had tape in the middle the Gamer Geek Stereo type wouldve been perfect.

I asked him about the obscure book he was reading.. I think it was Swords and Sorcery? Anyway, got him talking about it and I asked, 'Oh, so that stat is like THACO in D&D?'

He pushed his glasses up his nose with his index finger and replied in a nasally accusatory tone, 'What!? There is no THACO in D&D. I think you MAY be referring to 'To Hit Armor Class 0'. If you were to say it then you maybe could say 'THAC-ZERO', but there IS NO THACO in D&D!'

Anyway, I still think your great Max but your comment brought up that memory and I thought I would share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
bobbaganoosh
post Dec 15 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #2356

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 19,165

When making a free spirit character, there is no option to choose Enhanced Sense: Scent in the list of critter powers.
Additionally, there is no option to gain a critter power point instead of a metamagic when initiating as a free spirit character.

+Quote Post
Socinus
post Dec 20 2011, 03:54 AM
Post #2357

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,881

Is there plans to add the information from Spy Games or Attitude in the works?

+Quote Post
Brooks G. Banks
post Jan 24 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #2358

Target

Member No.: 17,822

I notice that the last post to this topic was over a month ago. Is DamienKnight no longer working on this project? He mentioned a version W, but the latest version I see on his sig line is version V.

+Quote Post
Sponge
post Jan 30 2012, 02:07 AM
Post #2359

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,097

I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom Magic Tradition to the drop-down list on the Magic sheet, using OpenOffice.

I've added the appropriate entries in the (hidden) Magic_Data sheet, but I can't figure out how the stuff from there gets populated into the drop-down list (or any other drop-down list, for that matter) - I'm guessing there must be somewhere a range of cells is specified with which to fill the list, but I'm stumped as to where to look.

Any spreadsheet experts out there who can give me a clue?

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Jan 30 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #2360

Shooting Target

Member No.: 24,349

QUOTE (Sponge @ Jan 29 2012, 08:07 PM) *
I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom Magic Tradition to the drop-down list on the Magic sheet, using OpenOffice.

I've added the appropriate entries in the (hidden) Magic_Data sheet, but I can't figure out how the stuff from there gets populated into the drop-down list (or any other drop-down list, for that matter) - I'm guessing there must be somewhere a range of cells is specified with which to fill the list, but I'm stumped as to where to look.

Any spreadsheet experts out there who can give me a clue?

It looks like named lists are used for the dropdown lists, so you'd need to update the "Magic_Traditions_List" and "Complete_Magic_Traditions_Table" lists to include the row(s) you've added. If you added one row, Complete_Magic_Traditions_Table would change from "=Magic_Data!$K$2:$Q$26" to "=Magic_Data!$K$2:$Q$27", and Magic_Traditions_List would change from "=Magic_Data!$K$2:$K$26" to "=Magic_Data!$K$2:$K$27". Unfortunately I have no idea where you'd find this in OpenOffice as I've never used it, but it obviously supports it so there must be a way. In Excel 2007, it's found by selecting Formulas > Name Manager from the ribbon. With any luck that might at least give you an idea as to what you're looking for in OpenOffice.

Again using Excel 2007 but hopefully having some equivalent in OpenOffice, you can find the name of the list that is being used by a particular dropdown by selecting it, then selecting Data > Data Validation > Data Validation... from the ribbon. The name of the list is found in the Source field.

+Quote Post
bobbaganoosh
post Feb 4 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #2361

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 19,165

I was wondering why the bows in the weapons tab only go up to Strength minimum of 11, when SR4A, page 316 lists the maximum Strength rating of a bow at 12.

+Quote Post
WhiteReaper
post Feb 5 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #2362

Target

Member No.: 17,021

Is the Savoir Medkit missing or did i just look at the wrong spots for it ?
Augmentation page 115 / Bodytech page 120

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 6 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #2363

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Feb 4 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Strength minimum
maximum Strength

Might that have something to do with it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Dakka Dakka
post Feb 6 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #2364

Prime Runner

Member No.: 16,582

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 6 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Might that have something to do with it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Short answer: No.
Longer Answer: All bows have a minimum strength. A character with less strength than the minimum cannot draw the bow completely and suffers a dice pool penalty (-2 per point of strength below the minimum IIRC). On the other hand even the futuristic materials of SR can only do so much. The highest possible minimum strength for a bow is 12.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Mar 2 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #2365

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

QUOTE (Brooks G. Banks @ Jan 23 2012, 09:14 PM) *
I notice that the last post to this topic was over a month ago. Is DamienKnight no longer working on this project? He mentioned a version W, but the latest version I see on his sig line is version V.

Interesting, might he have gotten a job at Hero Labs for the generator there? (1010% Pure SPeculative Bulldrek on my part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) More than likely he had RL issues (He does do this for free).

+Quote Post
Scythe31337
post Apr 5 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #2366

Target

Member No.: 16,781

GM-Nissan Doberman Medium Drone lists that comes with an LMG and autosofts in the book but the generator does not make note of them. Is this an error? Additionally, the availability of the drone is 6 while the LMG it comes with is 12F? Seems kinda strange.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Apr 5 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #2367

Shooting Target

Member No.: 24,349

The Doberman does not come with any weapons. The SR4 book only says that the weapon mount it comes with is capable of mounting an LMG. Arsenal's brief list of upgrades for the Doberman doesn't add any weapons either. The updated SR4 FAQ also clarifies this:
Do the Doberman and the Steel Lynx come equipped with a weapon?

No. Weapons must be purchased separately for any drone or vehicle that has a weapon mount.

+Quote Post
Scythe31337
post Apr 5 2012, 05:10 AM
Post #2368

Target

Member No.: 16,781

I had a feeling I missed something. I appreciate you feeding the noob. XD

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Apr 5 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #2369

Moving Target

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 2 2012, 04:02 PM) *
Interesting, might he have gotten a job at Hero Labs for the generator there? (1010% Pure SPeculative Bulldrek on my part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) More than likely he had RL issues (He does do this for free).

First I want to say, if I started working for a gaming related company in any capacity, especially one related to shadowrun, you all would be the first to know. I would probably wear everyone out with posts gushing my excitement in borderline inappropriate ways!

There is a newer version of the sheet I was working on. My group stopped playing SR, and my workload at the office increased, so the sheet fell by the wayside. I need to get version W out there.. I believe it is mostly just small fixes to problems noted in the forums here.

Ill see about cleaning up version W and getting it released. I will probably not do any more serious upgrades to the sheet so long as my group is not gaming. As always the sheet is unprotected and available for anyone to modify/upgrade, so if anyone wants to start making changes themselves feel free. Drop me a PM if you have any questions about how the sheet works, I am happy to nerd out talking about the mechanics behind the sheet.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Apr 13 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #2370

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Apr 5 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Drop me a PM if you have any questions about how the sheet works, I am happy to nerd out talking about the mechanics behind the sheet.

Oh, I love figuring it out for myself. ^..^ Learned a lot of fancy tricks doing that.

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Apr 17 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #2371

Shooting Target

Member No.: 14,433

what book is abbreviated as "sg"?

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Apr 17 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #2372

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

Spy Games

+Quote Post
D00MGIMP
post Jun 13 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #2373

Target

Member No.: 16,105

Download links are broken? Can't download it.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Jun 14 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #2374

Moving Target

QUOTE (D00MGIMP @ Jun 13 2012, 02:58 PM) *
Download links are broken? Can't download it.

I am at work now and cannot upload any copies of the sheet.

Could someone PM me their email address. I can send the sheet to you as an attachment, then you can upload it and post the link here.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Jun 14 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #2375

Moving Target

http://www.mediafire.com/?bo5lgr0pau5jrfx for the V version. This is the last version available previously

Version W is here!

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qc2t3v35o50p93 for the W.

Added setting option 'In Debt Quality Benefits', allows none, BP only, Nuyen Only or Both
Added a column on the gear page for denoting items that should not have a cost or availability warning
Fixed issue where Melanin Control was not showing up as a valid discountable power for Adepts who follow the Invisible Way
Added the option for Magicians to create custom traditions on the Magic page, similar to Technomancers options.
Updated Shifter qualities to properly reflect a Shift (race) where race is their shiftable race (rather than always saying shift human)
Fixed overflow on charsheet to use Modified Body rather than Base Body

Enjoy!

+Quote Post

98 Pages V  « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.