IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Threading and Simplified CFs, How do they interact?
JoelHalpern
post Oct 7 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,177

In Unwired, on page 39, there are a list of optional rules. Several of them interesting. Some with clear warnings about the impact.

One of the options is to treat a complex form "as though it were a spell, with no ratings ..."
That has some very nice advantages. (Some folks have commented that the drain is a killer. But as long as you keep the rating reasonable, and your GM is friendly about allowing called success for four dice, it is as good or better than base. )

What I am trying to understand is how this interacts with threading.
1) Can you still thread up CFs that you don't know?
1') Do those CFs have force based on the threading hits?
2) Can you still thread to increase the force of CFs you do know?

Thanks,
Joel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Oct 7 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Awakened Asset

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,309

1) Why not? It doubles the drain, and you canĀ“t choose the rating, so there is reason to have the CF.

2) A clear yes (threading), or no (bought CF).

3) How could you profit from that? Ah, I see. My answer is no, you resist fading only once. Enough with the dicerolling already.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:10 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.