Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm stumped. Throwing Grenades, more importantly missing with grenades
evil_slammor
post Dec 28 2003, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,772

Twice now i've hit a wall whilst gm'ing and have had no idea what to do. In two different games i've run my overly bright players have been armed with wonderfully deadly grenades and no throwing skill whatsoever. In both occasions they've missed hitting their intended target altogether getting no successes after defaulting to the attribute. Now with bullets or even rockets I can figure out what happened and rule what happened null sweat. Thrown grenades though are another thing, the main rules assume you made at least one success on your throw but I have no idea what to do with a total miss, and due to the nature of grenades you have to know where they went in a miss. (although if it's all 1's it lands at their feet) Any ideas? :notworthy:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Dec 28 2003, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

As you normally would, you would roll the die for scatter direction and roll for distance it travels. And since there were no successes to reduce the distance of the scatter, it's totally up to the dice where the grenade goes.

+Quote Post
Corywn
post Dec 28 2003, 05:55 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 1,832

QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
As you normally would, you would roll the die for scatter direction and roll for distance it travels.  And since there were no successes to reduce the distance of the scatter, it's totally up to the dice where the grenade goes.

Doesn't it imply somewhere, either extra dice or double-scatter value, when you totally miss?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.