IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR3 Shielding + Reflection question, Can I get alittle old school SR rules help?
fazzamar
post Dec 1 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,719

The group that I GM still plays 3rd edition (they refuse to try 4th) and we've been having a discussion, ok ok, an argument about if sorcery/spell pool dice can be assigned to a person for both Shielding and Reflection... for example...

Feca, our tank of a mage, has a Sorcery (Spell Defense) of 5/8 and a spell pool of 7. He's a 2nd level initiate with Shielding and Reflection as his metamagic feats. Some questions arise, for example....

Can he allocate 2 Sorcery dice to Shielding (so he gets the +2 modifier protection) AND allocate 13 dice to Reflection?
If so, when he gets a hostile spell casted his way can he roll the 2 Shielding AND the 13 reflection?
If he has to pick one or the other can he still get the +2 if he uses reflection?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys give me.
Fazzamar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cain
post Dec 1 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #2

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (fazzamar @ Nov 30 2008, 08:47 PM) *
Can he allocate 2 Sorcery dice to Shielding (so he gets the +2 modifier protection) AND allocate 13 dice to Reflection?
If so, when he gets a hostile spell casted his way can he roll the 2 Shielding AND the 13 reflection?
If he has to pick one or the other can he still get the +2 if he uses reflection?

AFAIK, yes. The two stack with one another, they're not incompatible.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 1 2008, 05:32 AM
Post #3

Awakened Asset

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,309

I would deduct from the description of Shielding (Magic in the Shadows) that you can assign both Shielding and Reflection dice to one target, but get to use only one kind of spell defense. I donĀ“t recall which was the "proper" ruling.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.