IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question on Weapon Modifications, Fire selection change on pumpaction possible?
i101
post Dec 5 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,989

Arsenal says 'This modification is not available for weapons using unusual loading mechanisms..' (Page 151). So the question is, is a weapon like the Defiance T250 or Remingtion 990 such a weapon? Or could those two be modded from SA > BF ???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 5 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

personally i would allow it. essentially it feels like a pumpaction just functions differently now. for burst fire each pump sets up 3 rounds instead of one. just a thought.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Dec 5 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #3

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

I would allow it, as there are shotguns IRL that have this feature, in order to use specialized ammo (such as lock-buster rounds), they switch from semi-auto to pump action.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 5 2008, 08:53 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

The whole entire point of modification is to make a weapon do something it isn't supposed to do, and pump action isn't unusual(they are talking more like the four barreled pistol in the BBB, stuff like that) I'd imagine that changing a pump action to a burst/autofire gun, would remove the manual loader and turn the weapon into an autoloader. It's a pretty extreme mod, but it costs a lot of mod points for a reason.

+Quote Post
psychophipps
post Dec 5 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 11,613

Fix-it, the weapon you're referring to is the SPAS-12. There is a switch to fire the weapon using either the gas system or the pump action.

As for the other two as named by the OP, it's a moot point because both of the named shotguns are semi-auto weapons, not pump action. You can feel free to mod them into AF/BF if you want.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Dec 5 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

I believe Benelli has a shottie that does that also, in fact, I also believe it has been adopted by the U.S. Army. BTW If you hold down the trigger on a Remington 870 and pump the slide it will fire each time the locking block fully engages, i.e. each time the chamber is fully closed.

+Quote Post
BIG BAD BEESTE
post Dec 5 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,274

Sweet! Nothing cooler than a pump-action firestorm. To me it beats the woo-tastic double barrelled pistols o'death style.

BTW, nice to get the Real Life insider info on guns and stuff seeing as I'll probably never get to play with them over here. But then, i've always had a thing for the traditional longbow - oh yeah, bodkin heads baby.

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Dec 5 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

There are some shotguns which allow auto fire already, but isn't a pump action shotgun or a bolt action rifle limited because they would need major reworking to work the ammo feed? I mean it is not a case of altering the existing feed mechanics but completely changing them?

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Dec 9 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

It's not so much a matter of changing them as it is having both built in (or installing the second one) and adding a way to switch between. These types of shotguns require both the full gas port system of an automatic shotgun and a slide system. As for feeding the ammo, you just have to have both systems connected to the locking latches at the back of the tubular magazine. So far, I am not aware of a shotgun that has both AND feeds ammo from a detachable magazine, they all seem to be tubular-mag style guns at this point. That's likely to change soon.

Bear in mind that this WILL make the gun heavier, not significantly, but it is noticeable. That should help with felt recoil though.

+Quote Post
i101
post Dec 9 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,989

QUOTE (psychophipps @ Dec 5 2008, 06:24 AM) *
As for the other two as named by the OP, it's a moot point because both of the named shotguns are semi-auto weapons, not pump action. You can feel free to mod them into AF/BF if you want.

From the look of their pictures they look like pump-action shotguns. Especially the Remington 990. However, thank you guys for the responds on my Question.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 10 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Dec 5 2008, 09:52 AM) *
There are some shotguns which allow auto fire already, but isn't a pump action shotgun or a bolt action rifle limited because they would need major reworking to work the ammo feed? I mean it is not a case of altering the existing feed mechanics but completely changing them?

Thats why it takes so many mod slots. It's more efficient just to buy a shotgun that allready has autofire then to mod an existing one.

+Quote Post
Godzilla1
post Dec 15 2008, 04:52 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 16,683

turning a pump action shotgun into a weapon capable of firing in autoloader mode, is essentially the same as converting a Remington 870 into something like a Browning Auto5. It would be cheaper in the long run to purchase an autoloading shotgun rather than modding a pump gun, but sometimes you gotta.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.