IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Atlanta 2070, Any suggestions for updating the City from 2050 to 2070?
Sumo Neko
post Dec 9 2008, 06:54 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

Hey Everyone,

I have not heard of an official update to the City of Atlanta other than what is already published in Neo-Anarchist Guide to North America & Shadows of North America.

I have a table-top game I am setting in Atlanta. While I do have some ideas for places (fluffy to fill out the city), gangs, etc... Does any one have some ideas or suggestions of a NPC or a place to set there?

I am already figuring on having Coca-Cola come up with a theme park similar to Disney - more specifically Downtown Disney in Orlando that has a fun thing like Disney Quest, Restaurants, a Concert Venue or 2. It isn't meant to be cutesy as Disney is.

The Virtual Parks they would have there would be something things like:

Hyboria (Fantasy Setting -- think Conan)
Apocalypse (Mixture of Road Warrior meets Resident Evil)
Federation Earth (Sci-Fi war -- like Starship Troopers)

Also figure since this is the CAS, the only known Ares presence would be the Weapons World Megastore.

Other things I am looking for suggestions for include Clubs/Hangouts
Example -- A club somewhere in the sprawl called Masquerade
The themed club looks something like the scene from the movie ("Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera" - 2004) that is the Masquerade Ball. Very Trendy, Very Exclusive place.

Maybe a themed Fixer --
Ms Anabelle -- Specializes in fashion (and armored fashion) and has connections to high society (in case the runners need an in way to get into that crowd for a run).

A Thriller Gang named Carvers
All Metatypes, very violent -- rumored they may be cannibals (yes they are inspired by the Reavers from Serenity/Fire Fly).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sumo Neko
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Dec 9 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

From: Edge of the Redmond Barrens, Borderline NAN. Runnin' the border for literal milk runs.
Member No.: 11,565

The CAS gets no love. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

The South rose again, and then hardly anything was done with it. They are fighting "Aztecs" and "Indians" for goodness sakes!

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post Dec 9 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

You can use Digger if you like. He's a former decker who retired but stayed close to the game. Runs a dance/music club called The Cube. It's a legit business but serves as a cover for his fixing and black market deals. He's a dwarf with an attitude but the Star has his number and there is a certain Captain that will send officers through the area to sell drugs (chemical and BTL) as he sees fit. If it's out there, he can get it. He also has a penchant for taping his ... uhm ... conquests for later viewing.

The Cube is a "standard" club with an extensive series of back rooms used for various purposes.

Have fun!

+Quote Post
vapor
post Dec 9 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 7,046

Fluff wise you can just keep some of the current landmarks with a few updates.

The Masquerade-- it already has three floors know as heaven, hell, and purgatory... why mess with a good thing?

The Aquarium-- all you need is a few aquatic para-critters.

The Varsity-- Stuffershak can't even come close

Little 5 points-- metahuman hippies are always fun

Ted Turner-- head in a jar a la Futurama.

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Dec 9 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Edge of the Redmond Barrens, Borderline NAN. Runnin' the border for literal milk runs.

I love Little 5 Points.

And don't forget "Stuffer Shack" Waffle Houses. *grin*

+Quote Post
Drogos
post Dec 9 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,746

OMFG, Waffle Houses accross the damn street from one another. And I thought Starbucks were bad.

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Dec 9 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

*laughs* I live east of Seattle. I have litterally seen Starsmucks on 3 of the 4 corners of a intersection. And in this place, I believe there is another 2-3 Starsmucks within a block radius... (and these are small town blocks, not Vegas blocks)

Have you really seen a Waffle House across from a Waffle House? I was amazed when I first saw them, because there were more (and I mean significantly more) Waffle Houses in Georgia then Dennys in Washington. I swear they are more reliable then mile markers when your driving down the road.

+Quote Post
Drogos
post Dec 9 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,746

Yes. Granted, in one of my examples, the street in question is Interstate 85, but still.

+Quote Post
Sumo Neko
post Dec 9 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Target

QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Dec 9 2008, 09:16 AM) *
*laughs* I live east of Seattle. I have litterally seen Starsmucks on 3 of the 4 corners of a intersection. And in this place, I believe there is another 2-3 Starsmucks within a block radius... (and these are small town blocks, not Vegas blocks)

Have you really seen a Waffle House across from a Waffle House? I was amazed when I first saw them, because there were more (and I mean significantly more) Waffle Houses in Georgia then Dennys in Washington. I swear they are more reliable then mile markers when your driving down the road.

Good ideas so far everyone.

And yes directions in Atlanta use 3 items - Peacetree, Waffle House and Caribou Coffee.
Go down to Peach Tree Industrial, take a right to the 3rd Waffle House, take a left past the second Caribou Coffee, it is on the corner next to Waffle House.

I will think about Masquerade.
In a previous campaign I had in Atlanta I made a club called Dante's Inferno.
It had 10 levels (no one ever got to 10 -- it was where the club owner worked/lived) and did follow Atlanta's theme of underground things, since only the entrance, not even the first level was at ground level. Each level was also themed after a level of Hell. It got destroyed in the end of that campaign so not sure I want to use that idea -- but I might.

I already have a plot in mind based on that event -- where a church (Baptist) buys the property and renovates ("purifying it"). But not everything as it seems there or their good intentions.

I seem to remember someplace in Atlanta called the Tabernacle?
What and where is it?

And yes I am building up to a War between the CAS and Atzlan.

Any ideas for gangs? I want and all female gang of sometype - leaning towards go-gang, and there definitely needs to be a Johnny Reb/Rebel/Confederate themed gang around somewhere.
The Sons & Daughters of the Confederacy could be a Poli-Club too ...

Thanks for the ideas so far everyone.

Sumo Neko

+Quote Post
vapor
post Dec 9 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 7,046

http://www.tabernacleatl.com/

Oh, and how can I forget the big chicken?
http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/bigchicken.html

+Quote Post
Beetle
post Dec 9 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,883

Don't forget all of the conventions that come to town. I'm sure Dragon Con is still going strong in 2070.

God, I could totally go for some Varsity onion rings and a cheese burger.

+Quote Post
AngelisStorm
post Dec 10 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sumo Neko @ Dec 9 2008, 02:04 PM) *
And yes directions in Atlanta use 3 items - Peacetree, Waffle House and Caribou Coffee.
Go down to Peach Tree Industrial, take a right to the 3rd Waffle House, take a left past the second Caribou Coffee, it is on the corner next to Waffle House.

Quoted for Truth. *grin*

+Quote Post
Sumo Neko
post Dec 10 2008, 03:07 AM
Post #13

Target

QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Dec 9 2008, 06:32 AM) *
I love Little 5 Points.

And don't forget "Stuffer Shack" Waffle Houses. *grin*

Is Little 5 Points where the IRA recruitment pub, "Fido's" is?

I do plan to have that place in the game -- if the players visit there, but instead of IRA it would be those who plan to take back Tir Nan n'Og from the Elves.
I seem to remember a little Jamaican restaurant/bistro across the street from there on my last visit through.

Any real life or fictional places you would put in this area?

Sumo Neko

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Dec 10 2008, 06:28 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

QUOTE (Sumo Neko @ Dec 9 2008, 01:54 AM) *
Hey Everyone,

I have not heard of an official update to the City of Atlanta other than what is already published in Neo-Anarchist Guide to North America & Shadows of North America.

I have a table-top game I am setting in Atlanta. While I do have some ideas for places (fluffy to fill out the city), gangs, etc... Does any one have some ideas or suggestions of a NPC or a place to set there?

The Virtual Parks they would have there would be something things like:

Hyboria (Fantasy Setting -- think Conan)
Apocalypse (Mixture of Road Warrior meets Resident Evil)
Federation Earth (Sci-Fi war -- like Starship Troopers)

You forgot, you needed at least on civl war virtual park:

The Rides of the Grey Ghost (Horror/civil war era)

+Quote Post
Sumo Neko
post Dec 10 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #15

Target

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Dec 10 2008, 01:28 AM) *
You forgot, you needed at least on civl war virtual park:

The Rides of the Grey Ghost (Horror/civil war era)

DOH you are right. I love that Idea.

Sumo Neko

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.