IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Critter Power - Mist Form, Another Vampire Question.
SincereAgape
post Dec 11 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,610

For an upcoming module this Sunday.

1. Is there any way one can detect a critter or specifically a vampire while they are in mist form either magically or electronically?

2. Is the vampire able to turn objects that are on them into mist form as well IE, armor, weapons, commlinks, media chips..

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

1. really good air filtration Systems and Magics should be able to pick him up, even if they might not know what the hell they have there.
2. no way

+Quote Post
Arcblood
post Dec 11 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Target

From: Crook county USA, Corruption here makes Azlan look like the boyscouts
Member No.: 16,677

Assensing will tell you what iswhat unless masked. Remeber the rules of DUAL creatures. Depending on how your G.O.D. describes the power and local air quality some electrical devices may allow you to detect the mist visually or presure wise.

The only gear that transforms is the inplants the body had before being turned

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 11 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

and as he has regeneration, even that could and probably would end up messy enough

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 11 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #5

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Regeneration isn´t what is was under SR3. The vampire will have to do a few tactical retreats. Detection is indeed the hard part of fighting one.

Shoot the mist with an allergen of the vampire, kill your now solid, unarmored victim with your weapon of choice. If in doubt: empty the magazine.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Dec 12 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

QUOTE (Ryu @ Dec 11 2008, 05:59 PM) *
Regeneration isn´t what is was under SR3. The vampire will have to do a few tactical retreats. Detection is indeed the hard part of fighting one.

Shoot the mist with an allergen of the vampire, kill your now solid, unarmored victim with your weapon of choice. If in doubt: empty the magazine.

And then dump it in a furnace you know is suntight.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 12 2008, 08:14 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

Would a misty vampire be able to get through a barrier spell?

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Dec 12 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

very good question! I'd love to get a dev in on that one

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 12 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Gasses can pass through a physical barrier spell (note:nerve gas+physical barrier=dead), but a vampire in mist form isn't quite a gas. I am curious what the outcome would be.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 12 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #10

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Protection from bacteria stops critters in mist form. I would conclude that barriers would stop them, too.

+Quote Post
hazemyth
post Dec 12 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 15,973

It seems like if Mist Form doesn't include clothes, then the power is unusable simply by virtue of being too silly. Maybe a house rule involving the Object Resistance Table? Like needing a Magic Attribute equal to or greater than the object threshold.

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Dec 12 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

QUOTE (hazemyth @ Dec 12 2008, 03:54 PM) *
It seems like if Mist Form doesn't include clothes, then the power is unusable simply by virtue of being too silly. Maybe a house rule involving the Object Resistance Table? Like needing a Magic Attribute equal to or greater than the object threshold.

I would suggest 'no' to this. Making misty vamps deal with naked repercussions is no sillier than making the shifters deal with it.

If you really felt it was absolutely necessary, then make it MA >= 4xOR. Otherwise some PC vamp is going to take an army of drones with him in mist form. I think the 'leave your possessions behind' restriction is a good counterbalance on what would otherwise be an overpowered trick.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 12 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #13

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Neither the Shapechange nor the Critter Form spell allows clothing (and other items) to be changed. I don't really have a problem with this.

Way back in the depths of time there were stats provided for a variant of the Shapechange spell that did include a limited amount of clothing and the like to be altered. This was included (I believe in the adventure Ivy and Chrome) in order to protect the modesty and virtue of the young tennybopper schoolgirls in the scenario.

+Quote Post
SincereAgape
post Dec 13 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,610

Great. Thank you for the reply guys. Let's hope that Risa from On The Run won't be pulling a full monty soon.

+Quote Post
NetWraith
post Dec 13 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 16,568

I'd like to hear from devs on this too. But as far as clothing goes... it'll go with them. When have you ever seen a vampire in cinema go mist then came back naked??? And if that doesn't work for you... It's magic. I'd would also say that any cyber or bioware installed will go into and out of mist form with them(But they'd have unaugmented stats in mist form same as Drakes and shifters when they change.)

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 13 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #16

Running Target

Really, naked people in shadowrun? For shame!

In all seriousness though, the mist form only affects you. It affects ware because you spent essence on it and thus it is a part of you. I suppose I would let vampires take a quality that lets them take clothing or other objects with them, representing extensive training with their own magical abilities. 5BP to take simple clothing, and say 10BP to take up to magic other objects each weighing no more then 5kg with you.

Hell, you could do a similar thing for shapeshifters too. Just because a species magic acts a certain way normally, doesn't mean some members of the species haven't learned to modify their magic. The only hard and fast rule with magic is that there is no rules.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Dec 13 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

I would at very least require to vampire to be a mage or an adept; yet my answer is probably "NO".
As for dealing with vampires if you are a mage a well placed stunbolt (assense for targeting) will do the trick and won't be healed by regeneration. keep stunbolting until you knock it out and either keep stunbolting taking advantage of stun damage overflowing in phisical or (gruesome) dehead the bastard.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.