Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Car Thief Programs?, Best programs for a car thief/hacker
Socinus
post Dec 11 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,881

What hacker programs would be useful for a character thats a car thief?

I want the char to be able to hack into a car, open it up, erase the trackers, and drive off into the sunset.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Dec 12 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

Exploit, Stealth, Spoof, Decrypt, Command, Edit, Sniffer, the usual. Hacking into a car is no different then hacking into any other node, they typically have a decent firewall and encrypted connections, but once you have admin access you can do pretty much whatever you want.

The problem is cars are usually tracked in many databases, and even if you change the plates and erase the tags, a good decription of your new car will be out on the grid quickly. If you plan on using a stolen car for any length of time, you need a contact who cleans cars for a living, it requires a lot of people a lot of time to completely change your car and remove all traces.

+Quote Post
CoyoteNZ
post Dec 12 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,370

QUOTE (TheOOB @ Dec 12 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Exploit, Stealth, Spoof, Decrypt, Command, Edit, Sniffer, the usual. Hacking into a car is no different then hacking into any other node, they typically have a decent firewall and encrypted connections, but once you have admin access you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Ok, this subject interest me as well, as I normally play Mages, but i'm now looking at a hacker,

so just goi9ng through how you would do a hack of a car...

1:Sniffer, to find the signal of the cars comm; Electronic Warfare + Sniffer(3). (Intercepting wireless signals, BBB225)
2: Exploit to get control, pref at +6 threshold for admin access; Hacking + Exploit (Firewall, 1 IP) ; +6 for admin account. (hacking on the fly, BBB221)
3: Stealth running to make step 2 less likely to set off all of the alarms, etc. Each attempt can be noticed by a Ablayse + Firewall (Stealth) test. (hacking on the fly, BBB221)
4: Command to tell the car what to do once you have the admin account of the car. (Issuing Commands, BBB221)

alternatively,
1: Sniffer to listen to the owners comm send info to the car (same as above)
2: decrypt the traffic between the car so you can then spoof commands. Decrypt + Response (Encryption rating x 2, 1 combat turn). (Encryption and Decryption, BBB225)
3: spoof a command to it, such as set a destination for its pilot to drive to, so you cna then work on it with the previous steps. Hacking + Spoof vs Pilot + Firewall (Spoof command, BBB224)

Is this how hacking works?

As I said, have never used it, but looking into it, so had better work out how the rules work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.