IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PDF + Book combo, Silly question I'm sure.
xicidis
post Dec 19 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,310

Howdy. I'm asking this towards Adam specifically, but I'm sure someone else has an answer.

Buying the book online and the pdf offers a slight discount, but it doesn't really make sense to me. I can understand a fee for the pdf, but if I'm buying the book, shouldn't I get the pdf for $5 or so? I'm buying the book after all.

Anyone have an answer? I figure there is one.

Thanks! ^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Dec 19 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

I'm not Adam, but I suspect the reason is that making the PDF takes considerably more time that selecting File > Print and then choosing a PDF printer. Adam has to tweak the layers, make sure the artwork is correct, add all the bookmarks, etc. Some of that probably carries through from the layout, but I know from my own limited needs working for a public American university with respect to PDF, that adding bookmarks alone for a full sized book can be hours of work.

+Quote Post
GreyBrother
post Dec 19 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,162

eBooks are work too. It's like you buy a Movie in DVD and VHS together.

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Dec 19 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.