IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magic based Social 'Face' - overbalanced?
jimbojmfb
post Dec 23 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,698

I whipped up a Mystic Adept Face for our group, and took her out on the first run last night. I found that, in numerous situations, i could actively control large groups of goons with things like 'Enthralling Performance' or 'Commanding Voice' from the adept side, and cast Chaotic World to bring them to their knees, and then Influence them to start capping each other off, Alter their memory so they thought they were fighting, and leave them to destroy each other. The problem was, I had a partner getting hit by lots of my effects, leaving me to conclude that the character is probably better off going in solo. Anyways, right out of character generation, this character is way powerful, without even any weapons of direct combat spells. Anyone else think this archtype can get a little out of hand?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morrigana
post Dec 23 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,697

Not really. All it takes is a competing mage straight out of chargen with a good willpower, a few combat spells, and a spirit that owes him some services and you'd probably need a new character sheet.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 23 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

a while back threads were going on about mind spells and social adepts being unbalanced. you just happened to use both at the same time.

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 23 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 16,698

Hmm.. To be fair, I often craft powerful magic characters, and our GM rarely uses magical opposition. I'll discuss this with him, although I've been arguing for a fully magical campaign for awhile...

+Quote Post
DWC
post Dec 23 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

Ironically, magical opposition won't be your biggest headache. You can still brute force your way through another mage and bend him to your will. The combat drones driven by their own pilot programs, given an order of "kill her", will paste you in a hurry.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.