post Dec 26 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,698

Wendy Wu
Character Info:
Social Adept/Covert Ops

Human Female age: 22 Filipina Dark Brown hair and eyes, short, stacked, slim, beautiful, and well liked in all circles. Lifestyle: High
Backstory: Wendy spent her childhood on a rice farm in the Filipeans, until pirates raided her land, killing the elders and selling her and her younger family into slavery when she was 12. Years later, she was purchased and trained by a shadowrun warrior who detected magical aptitude in her. New to the shadows, Wendy figures she can turn her new talents into the right connections and money to gain international fame.

Attributes: 210 pts

Bod: 2
Agi: 4
Str: 1
Rea: 3 (4)
Int: 4
Log: 1
Cha: 5
Wil: 2
Edg: 4
Mag: 6
Ess: 6
Init/IP: 8/2

Skills: 154 pts

Phys:
Artisan (Int): 3
(Actress) (Int): (5)
Escape Artist (Agi): 3
Influence (Cha): 3
(Con)(Cha): (4)
Intimidation (Cha): 2
Stealth (Agi): 2
(Int. Palm and Shadow)
Perception (Int) : 3
Counterspell (Mag): 1
Exotic Weapon (Agi)
(Monofilament Yoyo): 5
Disguise (Int): 4
Lockpicking (Agi): 2
Pilot Groundcraft (Rea):2

Kno:
Spy Movies: 1
Fashion: 1
Pimps n’ Hoes: 1
Scrumpin’: 1
Modern Tech: 1
Corporations: 1

Lang:
English: N
Chinese: 1
Japanese: 1
Spethreil: 1
Orcish: 1

Adept Powers:
6 Power Points:
Voice Control: .5 (Charisma + Con vs. System rating, or Perception ¬+ Intuition)
Kinesics (x2): 1 (+2 on social tests)
Commanding Voice: .25 (Charisma + Leadership vs. Willpower + Leadership)
Cool Resolve (x2): .5 (+2 when defending in social tests)
Enthralling Performance: .5 (Artisan skill + Magic increases threshold to perception)
Facial Sculpt (x1): .25 (+1 to Disguise, effect lasts up to Magic hours)
Flexibility (x2) .5 (+2 to Escape Artist tests)
Melanin Control: .5 (allows color change in skin/hair color, lasts Magic hours)
Increase Reflexes (x1): 2 (+1 Reaction, +1 IP)

Qualities: 0 pts

Positive:
Trustworthy (Con): 5
Adept: 5
Martial Arts (2): 10
SURGE Mutagenics: 10
Linguist: 5 (+2 to all Language rolls, halves time spent to learn/modify Language skills)

Negative:
Lost Loved One: -5 (Twin sister, Minda Wu, separated when they were abducted)
Big Regret: -5 (Trigger: Knowledge of Wendy’s prostitution. -3 in all social tests against target)
Flashbacks: -5 (Trigger: Pirates. Make a Willpower + Intuition (3) test, or incapacitated for 1D6 minutes)
Compulsive: -10 (Compulsive Kleptomania. Must resist Composure (2) test to avoid attempting to steal)
Distinctive: -0 (+3 to remember Wendy’s silver eyes)
Enemy: -10 (Wendy’s former pimp, A Pimp Named Bitchwhat)

Martial Arts:
Arnis De Mano (x2):
+1 on called shots to Disarm
Deals damage with Disarm maneuver

Maneuvers: 6 pts
Disarm: (makes a -4 dice pool modifier called shot to Disarm: if hits exceed defense, weapon is knocked out of opponent’s hand, and they suffer damage from the attack)
Off Hand Training: (no negative modifier to use monofilament yoyos in both hands)
Two Weapon Style: (can go on full defense with one weapon without sacrificing an action to attack with the other weapon)

SURGE Mutations:

Positive:
Glamour: (+3 to all social tests except Intimidation, gives off the Distinctive Flaw quality)
Marsupial Pouch (small skin pocket against right hip: able to hide small objects)

Negative:
Extravagant Silver Irises
Critter Spook (all animals and paranormal critters are put off by her presence, and will attack her first in combat scenarios. -2 to subdue animals within
5 meters of her)

Gear: 16 pts
2x Weapon Focus (x2): 40,000 (Bound: 2 Bp)
Counterspell Focus (x2): 10,000
Form Fitting Body Suit (clear, B:6/I:2): 1,600 *stacks*
Discreet PPP Securtech forearm, vitals, leg, arm and shin casings (clear, B:2/I:4): 900 *stacks*
Moonsilver Line Evening Dress (red, B:4/I:1): 7,500
Zoe Executive Line Business Attire (Long Jacket, Blouse & Skirt: B:6/I:2): 1950
Greatcoat Line Armor Jacket (B:6/I:5): 3,000
2x Monofilament Yoyos (dmg: 6p, reach +1): 6,000
Autopicker (x6): 1,200
Lockpick Tools: 300
Cellular Glove Molder (x3): 600
Sequencer (x4): 800
Contact Lenses with Vision Enhancement (x3), Vision Magnification, Thermal Vision, Low Light, Flare Compensation: 700

Commlink: 1 pts
Sony Emperor with Renraku Ichi: 1,300
Response: 2 Signal: 3 Firewall: 2 System: 2

Vehicle: 2 pts
Chrysler-Nissan Jackrabbit: 10,500
Handling: 0 Accel: 20/45 Speed: 120 Pilot: 1 Body: 8 Armor: 2 Sensor: 1

Contacts: 10 pts
Name: Kakihara ‘Coin’- Type: Ninja - Age: 55 - Meta: Human Chinese Male - C/L: N/A
Name: Officer Farve - Type: Lonestar Deputy - Age: 31 - Meta: Orcish Canadian Male - C/L: 1/1
Name: Silky Bidness - Type: Pimp/Drug Trafficker - Age: 27 - Meta: Troll African Male - C/L: 1/1
Name: GoGo Bananas - Type: Talismonger - Age: 24 - Meta: Elven Filipina Female - C/L: 1/1
Name: Orrack Babama - Type: Corrupt Politician - Age: 25 - Meta: Human Millato Male - C/L: 1/1
Name: PacZman xDeAtHpUnChx - Type: Combat Hacker - Age: 29 - Meta: Dwarven Asian Male - C/L: 1/1

Ok, anyone who read all that (I tend to be pretty through), any suggestions? I know I should flesh out the contacts, but since nobody in our group utilizes contacts, I'm gonna try this approach.

Also, a few things to clarify. The monofilament yoyos are a weapon used by another one of my characters, Coin, the character who is the warrior who helps to train Wendy. It's a house rule, and probably quite broken, but I like it and I get away with it, so that's what that is.

Also, we have a house rule that you can use counterspelling if you have a magic attribute or latent awakening. I'm gonna brush up on it, but I assume adepts cannot normally use this ability.

The many types of armor represent various social situations, obviously. As a guy, I think I did ok picking out some hot chicks duds.

Finally, I try and keep my characters somewhat non-lethal, so advice about how to make Wendy more vicious ain't what I'm lookin' for. Word.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xicidis
post Dec 26 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 11,310

I just have a tiny problem. Same with someone else's character. If I'm being a jerk about it please say so. ^^

Bod: 2
Str: 1
Rea: 3 (4)
Log: 1
Cha: 5

Now, for attributes the BBB describes the attributes as:

1 Weak
2 Underdeveloped
3 Average

Now, I wouldn't really have noticed this, but my dad grew up on a farm. You do NOT have a str of 1. Growing up on a farm means that you are going to be at LEAST typical in str because you worked on said farm from as young as you possibly could. That's just the way it is on most farms.
A body and wil of 2, a str and log of 1. That is a very serious problem. You are as strong and as smart as a child. You are as tough and as confident as a teenager.
Body 2. I can understand this. Your not buffed up, your a bit pale, not very healthy, your about as tough, physically, as a teenager.
Wil 2. Your not very confident about yourself, you fall under pressure, you have the mental strength of a teenager.
Str 1. You grew up on a farm. But, you have the muscle strength of a child. Maybe an average teenage girl. You are very weak and I would think firing anything more then a light pistol would be a chore. Lifting a box, or opening a jar is better left to anyone else.
Log 1. You have a poor memory, and don't learn things very well. Basicly you have the mind of a child, just without the raw learning power of a child.

To me, it would be hard to have a dumb face character. If I were to have a character with Bod 2 Wil 2 Str 1 Log 1, I would say it's something like a 12 year old Britney spears. Not too smart, or talented, just nice to look at and people like her for that. I wouldn't trust a negotiation to her.

Do you see what I mean? I would come up with points to bump log and str by 1 and wil by 1. A negotiator needs to have at LEAST a moderate self control, right now I would say it would be easy to push you into a one sided agreement that doesn't really benefit you just because your easily pushed around. at least that's how I see it.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Dec 27 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I have always seen 1 as the lowest functional Attribute, myself, with 2 being low-average and 3 being high-average. To have a character who is truly handicapped, you need to take additional flaws such as uneducated, etc. Part of this is because it only takes 6 Karma to raise an Attribute from a 1 to a 2, and then 9 more Karma to raise it to a 3. So I have a hard time seeing someone going from child-like or retarded, to as smart as any average person, in the course of a few missions. So that's where I get the "lower than the norm, but functional" thing from.

I could see those stats with her background, because she was only a kid on a farm. She grew up as a slave, property, probably pretty badly abused. I could certainly see someone with that background coming out of it with poor health, weak, barely able to function in modern society, and weaker-willed than average.

That said, a 1 Attribute is a weakness. You can't even default for something unless you have positive modifiers. Your Body of 2 is your worst weakness. You won't be able to wear most of your armors without suffering penalties, and you will be in big trouble any time you need to soak a hit.

By the way, if you have two weapon foci, you only spent enough to bind one of them - it would cost 4 points to bind two force: 2 weapon foci. Also, only one focus can add its dice to any test, so two weapon foci is kind of wasted (unless that is house ruled, too).

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Dec 27 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

On pure gut reaction I'm seeing this as a character that seems to be all kinds of flawed. The attributes have already been mentioned, but to have 1STR and 2BOD, yet to have spent 12 (or 14 if both foci are bonded) on Martial Arts and two magic yo-yos seems wasted. Sure, they're magic, and she's good with them (better than anything else she can do, except act), but she'll hit for what, 1, maybe 2DV... plenty of spent points on a lot of show but no go.

Her skills are another matter for concern to me. Very little seems to have been spent in anything outside of her aforementioned mad yo-yo skills, a specialization in Acting, and Con... being a Face is a lot more than simply conning people. Any street hustler can pull a fast one, but all of the Adept powers in the world (which are well selected here, imo, and the best decisions made for the build) can't help if you can't negotiate, have no Etiquette, and are as dumb as a bag of broken hammers.

All that aside, contacts should be a huge focus for a Face, or a Social Adept... and here we have a lot of unloyal, unconnected saps. A pimp or a hacker (a very fresh one) might have no decent connections, but a politician and a cop? No loyalty is one thing, but connections need some logical use. And what's with the 0 point Ninja? A person's not a contact if there's nothing spent on them.

I sound like an ass here, yes, but it's a flawed build, one that frankly seems unplayable and a detriment to a party...

EDIT: I just noticed that you've got more than Con... but you have the Influence Group plus Con purchased separately? Not build legal, and wasteful, since you could spent ten of those points on upping the entire group, and put the rest maybe into contacts...

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 27 2008, 05:57 AM
Post #5

Target

In response to the attribute concern, logically I see your points. It's pretty min-maxed, in short. I tend to build this way. I agree with the body mostly, I'm gonna brush up on encumbrance, since essentially no one in our group pays any heed to it, and increase my body to make it more functional in regards to armor. In terms of logic, having lived as a slave and prostitute, she ain't smart. None of the skills are linked to it, and I'm not likely to raise it. Strength I'll consider raising to 2, but again, none of her skills are linked, so... also, tho it's not fully developed, she could just have easily been forced to work in a sweat shop ya know.

As far as the foci goes, duly noted. I will raise the cost accordingly, and since the character can go on full defense in combat and still attack, and with the disarm maneuver, two foci are still needed.

Skill wise, I tried to make a character that can be arrested. This is kinda so we can branch into new territory in our runs. So it's not built for efficiency as much as creativity. I usually introduce new concepts into our group that people take and run with. I will consider the suggestions here, and change what I can, but whatever I run will have a very similar skill set. Note that other interesting aspects involve disguising her as someone in order to infiltrate. Also, con is raised by the Trustworthy quality, which is why it is labeled separate. Also I wasn't going to pay for Coin as a contact because he's one of my other characters, but I changed it around and did end up paying for him.

In fact, here's how it stands now:

Attributes: 240 pts
Bod: 5
Str: 2
Rea: 3(4)
Log: 2
Cha: 4
Mag: 6
Ess: 6
Init/IP: 8/2

Skills: 120 pts
Phys:
Artisan (Int): 3
(Actress) (Int): (5)
Escape Artist (Agi):2 (+2)
Influence (Cha):2 (+5)
Pilot Groundcraft (Rea): 2
Intimidation (Cha): 2 (+2)
Stealth (Agi) (Int. Palm and Shadow): 1
Perception (Int): 3
Counterspell (Mag): 1 (+2)
Exotic Weapon (Agi)
(Monofilament Yoyo): 3 (+2)
Disguise (Int): 3 (+1)
Lockpicking (Agi): 2

Adept Powers:
6 Power Points:
Voice Control: .5 (Charisma + Con vs. System rating, or Perception ¬+ Intuition)
Kinesics (x2): 1 (+2 on social tests)
Cool Resolve (x2): .5 (+2 when defending in social tests)
Enthralling Performance: .5 (Artisan skill + Magic increases threshold to perception)
Flexibility (x2) .5 (+2 to Escape Artist tests)
Increase Reflexes (x1): 2 (+1 Reaction, +1 IP)

Qualities: -5 pts
Positive:
Martial Arts (2): 10
SURGE Mutagenics: 10
Linguist: 5 (+2 to all Language rolls, halves time spent to learn/modify Language skills)
Negative:
Lost Loved One: -5 (Twin sister, Minda Wu, separated when they were abducted)
Big Regret: -5 (Trigger: Knowledge of Wendy’s prostitution. -3 in all social tests against target)
Flashbacks: -5 (Trigger: Pirates. Make a Willpower + Intuition (3) test, or incapacitated for 1D6 minutes)
Compulsive: -10 (Compulsive Kleptomania. Must resist Composure (2) test to avoid attempting to steal)
Distinctive: -0 (+3 to remember Wendy’s silver eyes)
Enemy: -10 (Wendy’s former pimp, A Pimp Named Bitchwhat)

Martial Arts:
Arnis De Mano (x2):
+1 on called shots to Disarm
Deals damage with Disarm maneuver
Maneuvers: 6 pts
Disarm: (makes a -4 dice pool modifier called shot to Disarm: if hits exceed defense, weapon is knocked out of opponent’s hand, and they suffer damage from the attack)
Off Hand Training: (no negative modifier to use monofilament yoyos in both hands)
Two Weapon Style: (can go on full defense with one weapon without sacrificing an action to attack with the other weapon)

SURGE Mutations:
Positive:
Glamour: (+3 to all social tests except Intimidation, gives off the Distinctive Flaw quality)
Marsupial Pouch (small skin pocket against right hip: able to hide small objects)
Negative:
Extravagant Silver Irises
Critter Spook (all animals and paranormal critters are put off by her presence, and will attack her first in combat scenarios. -2 to subdue animals within 5 meters of her)

Gear: 19 pts
2x Weapon Focus (x2): 40,000 (Bound: 4 Bp)
Counterspell Focus (x2): 10,000 (Bound: 2 Bp)
Form Fitting Body Suit (black, B:6/I:2): 1,600 *stacks*
Discreet PPP Securtech forearm, vitals, leg, arm and shin casings (black, B:2/I:4): 900 *stacks*
Moonsilver Line Evening Dress (red, B:4/I:1): 7,500
Zoe Executive Line Business Attire:
Jacket: B:3/I:1 – Blouse: B:1 /I:9 - Pants: B: 1/I:1 (Full Suit, red: B:5/I:2) - 2,000
2x Monofilament Yoyos (dmg: 6p, reach +1): 6,000
Autopicker (x6): 1,200
Lockpick Tools: 300
Cellular Glove Molder (x3): 600
Sequencer (x4): 800
Contact Lenses with Vision Enhancement (x3), Vision Magnification, Thermal Vision, Low Light, Flare Compensation: 700

Commlink: 1 pts
Sony Emperor with Renraku Ichi: 1,300
Response: 2 Signal: 3 Firewall: 2 System: 2

Vehicle: 2 pts
Chrysler-Nissan Jackrabbit: 10,500
Handling: 0 Accel: 20/45 Speed: 120 Pilot: 1 Body: 8 Armor: 2 Sensor: 1

Contacts: 18 pts
Name: Kakihara ‘Coin’- Type: Red Samurai Freelancer - Age: 55 - Meta: Human Chinese Male - C/L: 3/3
Name: Officer Farve - Type: Lonestar Deputy - Age: 31 - Meta: Orcish Canadian Male - C/L: 1/2
Name: Silky Bidness - Type: Pimp/Drug Trafficker - Age: 27 - Meta: Troll African Male - C/L: 1/1
Name: GoGo Bananas - Type: Talismonger - Age: 24 - Meta: Elven Filipina Female - C/L: 1/1
Name: PacZman xDeAtHpUnChx - Type: Combat Hacker - Age: 29 - Meta: Dwarven Asian Male - C/L: 3/2

The knowledge and language skills remain unchanged, as with the adept powers, martial arts, surge powers, and i did drop the Trustworthy quality to buy points. This build looks a lot more balanced to me, any comments?

+Quote Post
xicidis
post Dec 27 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 11,310

It seems to me that Logic would count for something. If you have no logic, how can you remember the cons and scams you've been running? A logic of one is what most people consider "Me troll. Me SMASH!" You can't do that. Seems like I wouldn't hire a puny weak idiot to do something that needs to be completed successfully, no matter how pretty you are.
If you've been a slave, wouldn't you have been able to be used as such? A STR of 1 would make you useless in any kind of slave activity as you have no stamina. Slaves were historically picked by who was the strongest, and most able to do what ever work is available.

BTW, isn't Wu chinese? Maybe it is Filipino, I just haven't met any named Wu. ^^

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 27 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #7

Target

QUOTE (xicidis @ Dec 27 2008, 01:37 AM) *
It seems to me that Logic would count for something. If you have no logic, how can you remember the cons and scams you've been running? A logic of one is what most people consider "Me troll. Me SMASH!" You can't do that. Seems like I wouldn't hire a puny weak idiot to do something that needs to be completed successfully, no matter how pretty you are.
If you've been a slave, wouldn't you have been able to be used as such? A STR of 1 would make you useless in any kind of slave activity as you have no stamina. Slaves were historically picked by who was the strongest, and most able to do what ever work is available.

I edited my stats, as above, and also included a clause in the backstory that she subjected to sweat shop labor. I increased Logic and Strength a bit, but probably they will remain where they are for some time.

The brief backstory now goes:

Wendy spent her childhood on a rice farm in the Filipeans, until pirates raided her land, killing the elders and selling her and her twin sister Erica into slavery when she was 12. After 18 months, she escaped to Seattle on a convoy boat, but her sister was caught and they remain separated. Without any support, Wendy turned to crime and prostitution. Years later, she was purchased and trained by a shadowrun warrior who detected magical aptitude in her. New to the shadows, Wendy figures she can turn her new talents into the right connections and money to locate and liberate her sister.

QUOTE (xicidis @ Dec 27 2008, 01:37 AM) *
BTW, isn't Wu chinese? Maybe it is Filipino, I just haven't met any named Wu. ^^

I honestly have no idea. When my previous character bought a prostitute with magical potential, my GM said what her name was, and I just think Filipino women are hot. I suppose I can justify it in an American way, and her family was migratory or whatever, if it comes up. Of course Wu is a Chinese name, but I'm sure there are Wu that live there too.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Dec 27 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I like the new build a lot more, but I still don't think she will work well as a character who can "get arrested". Simply slipping out of a pair of handcuffs still leaves you locked in a cell, with guards outside. I could see her escaping from, say, a group of kidnappers, or sneaking in someplace through a narrow ventilation duct. But busting herself out of jail? Sorry, but no.

Also, your Attributes (including Magic and Edge) should total 265, not 240.

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 27 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #9

Target

QUOTE (Glyph @ Dec 27 2008, 03:00 AM) *
I like the new build a lot more, but I still don't think she will work well as a character who can "get arrested". Simply slipping out of a pair of handcuffs still leaves you locked in a cell, with guards outside. I could see her escaping from, say, a group of kidnappers, or sneaking in someplace through a narrow ventilation duct. But busting herself out of jail? Sorry, but no.

Also, your Attributes (including Magic and Edge) should total 265, not 240.

Well, not arrested per se, but captured. The marsupial pouch could reasonably hide some B&E tools, and she does have the lockpick skill. Again, it's more to allow the GM to vary his style, since he is often quite linear with his approach. Perhaps I should abandon the escape artist angle?

Humans start with 2 Edge, but you're right about the Magic. Working that out now...

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Dec 27 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

A marked improvement, this build, and much more playable as it stands. I'd still de-emphasize the martial arts myself, but since you've gone the heavy defensive route with it, by focusing on disarms, it still works for the character's attributes.

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Dec 27 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

QUOTE (jimbojmfb @ Dec 26 2008, 10:57 PM) *
Counterspell (Mag): 1 (+2)

Am I the only one that noticed this? Adept + Counterspelling = Illegal

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Dec 27 2008, 08:38 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

I missed that one... d'oh...

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 27 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #13

Target

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 27 2008, 03:34 AM) *
Am I the only one that noticed this? Adept + Counterspelling = Illegal

We have a house rule that you can use Counterspell if you have a magic attribute.

However, I'm trying to build this strictly by the book, in order to help our group get some focus.

I'm working things out, will keep it posted when I get around to it later.

I did get rid of the escape artist/locksmith concept, as it was too convoluted, and increased her disguise skill/adept power, and raised will to compensate for not using Counterspell, as well as changed up and increased contact levels. I'm not sure what else to cut to get it down to size, and I intend on keeping the martial arts/yo yo combo to have some use in combat aside from yelling at people.

Minor change. Acting became dancing as a specialization.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 27 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #14

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Let me advise against making a char to change the behaviour of your group. You can showcase some aspects that are ignored, but don´t expect anyone to follow up.

What can you do to build for creativity? Jack of all trades skillsets are what the doctor ordered, together with solid base attributes to get pools somewhere meaningful. A social adept, like all adepts, suffers on the attribute front. What you would really benefit from is a change to the karma-build system. Loads of lowish attributes, points spread thin...

Attributes: 240 pts
Bod: 4 (shift one to Agi)
Agi: 5
Mag: 4(3) (from 6, saving 35 BP and getting some implants)
Ess: 5

Skills
Artisan (Int): 3 (Actress +2) (Int) -> Stealth+Influence Groups: done, so cut this one.
Counterspell (Mag): 1 (+2) ->I´m certain that adepts can´t do this, but I can´t find a quote.
Disguise (Int): 3 (+1) -> Cut for Stealth 3 (also uses Artisan BPs).
Escape Artist (Agi):2 (+2) -> A gimmick. Make do without.

Exotic Weapon: Monofilament Yoyo 3 -> The +2 is hopefully not from a specialisation?

Influence (Cha):2 (+5)
Intimidation (Cha): 2 (+2)
Stealth 3

Pilot Groundcraft (Rea): 2
Perception (Int): 3

Lockpicking (Agi): 2 -> Depends on your GMs vision of the world.

Adept Powers (3 Power Points):
Kinesics (x3): 1.5 (+3 on social tests)

Qualities
: -5 pts (An "If you must" list IMO, so take my comments with a grain of salt.)
Positive:
Martial Arts (2): 10 ->Not really useful without some solid backup stats.
SURGE Mutagenics: 10 ->SURGE for style rather than effectiveness.
Linguist: 5 ->With that kind of logic and no relevant knowledge skills, leave it be.
Negative:
Lost Loved One: -5 -> Free BP or a brooding char.
Big Regret: -5 ->Swamped in positive modifiers. She is soooo cute while crying...
Flashbacks: -5 ->Any campaign gets better with cyberpirates.
Compulsive: -10 ->Must steal from all people, except cyberpirates that want to sell her into slavery. Other PCs might object/act.
Distinctive: -0 ->Distinctive style (unusual eye colour) isn´t. Never mind the Minotaur streetsam, the girl has silver eyes...
Enemy: -10
SURGE -> Glamour would be nice if it wouldn´t make every idiot with cybereyes film you/hit on you/both. Critter spook can be quite deadly.

Martial Arts:
->One question really. How does one defend with a jojo, like, at all?

Gear: 19 pts
-> Only? Good! Up 16 BP, buy Synaptic Accellerator, up 5BP (some change left), buy muscle toner 1, mnemoic enhancer 2. Remove Linguist.

Contacts: 18 pts
-> Buy more useful ones if you are going to showcase, well, their utility.

+Quote Post
jimbojmfb
post Dec 27 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #15

Target

QUOTE (Ryu @ Dec 27 2008, 04:18 AM) *
Martial Arts:
->One question really. How does one defend with a jojo, like, at all?

Disarm is a Full Defense Maneuver.

And with a monofilament yoyo, I assume 'disarm' will be literal at times.

A lot of what you wrote isn't where I'm going with the character at all.

Why would I keep disguise qualities as an Adept, yet cut Disguise?

Not adding cyber. Magic's staying at 6. I like my selection.

Artisan is for use with Enthralling Performance for a diversion. Like, palming someone's Passkey while giving them a lapdance.

Linguist increases my ability to communicate in the variety of languages she now knows. I think it's a good move for a face.

I've been into SR for quite awhile. Although I'm going all around the world to make a focused character, I am getting pretty close to finalizing it. Will post up soon.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 27 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #16

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Disguise is part of the Stealth group, and my suggestion would push that to 3.

Linguist is mechanically an ok choice; maybe I assign to much value to the name of the quality.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.