Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What has your table created, Man,machine and magic
Prime Mover
post Dec 31 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Cyberware/Bio/Nano/Gene, Programs/Hardware/Complex forms, Spell/Adapt power/Initiate power, Gear/Drugs/Vehicle etc.... EDIT: Oh and don't forget Critters and Biodrones.

Anything your group has created due to a need,to fill a niche on a job or just to be creative?
Any fully stated out be willing to share?

A few pieces of gear have been created on the fly for specific jobs, working on giving them some solid stats beyond what we have, curious what other groups have come up with and how it's been handled.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 31 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,237

wired reflexes rating 9 for a certain insane npc.

the baroque which are essence draining shape shifting beings.

cyber wings.

manipulate (material) spells.

a few martial arts styles.

and too many weapons to remember.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Dec 31 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Wired 9 that does sound insane....did have guy put on a handful of kamikaze patches once.
Had a guy when we played 2nd ed who desperately wanted to design a set of gliding cyber wings so he could jump out of buildings.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 31 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

also ctreated the ijin race which were advanced genetically altered humans.

our table makes stuff all the time. we have kind of done to death all the stuff in the books so we are always looking for more. back in the day the dumpshock archives had plenty of homebrew rules to fool around with.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Dec 31 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

My group got tired of moving via levitation one at a time. That spawned this:

Flight of Eagles - Area Effect levitation, voluntary targets only

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 31 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

i solved that problem by coating my peeps in metal and using manipulate metal. you way is a lot more convenient though.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Dec 31 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Made it easy to drop on unsuspecting targets. Just go from willing to unwilling and bam, instant HALO drop.

Given that the GM had allowed a Bear Shapeshifter in that SR3 game, I guess it could give new meaning to the term "Drop bear"

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Dec 31 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

we have also on occasion had androids as npcs in our games.

+Quote Post
GreyBrother
post Dec 31 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,162

Somewhere in the carribean, there is this small village of immigrated Hobgoblins which adapted the jamaican Speechpattern and practice voodoo...
Yes, i do love them Warcraft Trolls, mon.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jan 1 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

a unique enchantment sword made from the bones and teeth of a telekinetic behemoth that had a distance strike effect for 13 feet and a force 13 levitate spell for whoever held the sword. my character made it and called it psychofang.

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Jan 1 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

Cyberzombie Raptor Biodrones.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Jan 1 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

While never played at any table, but used for online play elsewhere, I had a character once who had used access to the Draco Foundation's libraries to re-discover a metamagic that allowed her to travel via dragon-lines. She would divine the current location of a line and 'step' into it, 'stepping' out somewhere along its path, or the path of an intersecting one. I've got mechanics tucked away somewhere to determine her accuracy in stepping out where she wanted. Quick transit, flies in the face of 'no teleportation magic' but it made sense, and it's got some nasty potential drawbacks.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 1 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #13

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Create Bullshit spell. based on create food, it creates success m³ of the aforementioned substance at a place of your convenience, as long as the place is within line of sight.

Arm-Slasher. Cyber-Ware weapon inspired by Scorpion from Mortal Kombat fame. Based on the oral slasher with more reach and damage for more essence-loss and more money cost.

Bioware Versions of Spurs, Hand-Blades and Razors. Basically halved essence loss for the bio-index, doubled nuyen price and made it so that when you hit something with more armor than your power level(sr3) they could break and of course they could not be replaced and no dikote for those either.

what else? hmm . . oh, yeah!

we made it so you could put a rigger-control into a cyberlimb without additional essence loss. we figure the vehicle control rig basically uses the usual body movement connection in the brain. and whyt does a limb use? same connection. so hook up the control to the arm and you can switch between useable arm or useable control rig. of course, this works with arms, legs and partial limbs too, but not with torso and head, as they don't get moved like the others . .

i myself created new forms of the bonelacing stuff.
Stahluminium [STR+3M Stun, +1Bod, +1Ballistic, +1Impact, 1,15 Essence, 30k]
Ceramit [STR+4M Stun, +1Bod, +2Impact, 1,50 essence, 50k]
KelVlar [STR+0 M Stun, +1Bod, +2Ballistic, 1,00 Essence, 25k]
Plastit [STR+2M Stun, +1Bod, 0,50 Essence, 10k]
Titanium [STR+4M Stun, +2Bod, +2 Imp, +2Ballistic, 2,25 Essence, 75k)
i thought this would be better. i toyed with the idea of giving plastit +1 impact, but then it would have made not sense compared to the others.
I also did some cosmetic work on the cyberlimbs, by adding obvious and synthetic left and right for everything.
we also got rid of the capacity rules for limbs. unless you tried to do somethling like foot anchor in anything else than lower or full leg, or the cyber-arm-gyromount in anything else then a forearm or full arm you could put stuff worth 800k into your arm . . if you were willing to risk losing it of course . . but then, we also changed the attribute system for limbs so they automatically came with the natural attributes and with the enhancements you could break the 1,5x limit too . . so a troll with maxed strength of 10 could get 4 levels of biological muscle aug and the suprathoid gland to land at STR15. the arm for example STARTS at STR15 and if you put in strength enhancements, they are directly added to this. so you could for the aforementioned bioware, the arms and 3 levels of strength enhancement get an pair of arms with a strength of 18 . . enough to do some really remarkable stuff, if you are willing to spend those ressources.

The KITT Super-Pursuit-Mode mod for Cars, Similar from Streethawk for Bikes and for Hellish-copters from Air-Wolf.
Also Turbo-Boost for Cars and something like the Winger special like in Street-Hawk for Bikes too.
Rocket-Boost for fast boats like seen in Thunder in Paradise.
The Batman Armor-Mod from the 1989 Batman Movie with Jack Nicholson as the ONLY true Joker.
Also the turning on a stamp part from the second batman movie.

+Quote Post
WeaverMount
post Jan 1 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 12,309

We house ruled a manipulate [element] optional power elemental spirits. It actually goes a lot way to balance them versus guardian, man, and task spirits.

We also rolled up huge sniper rifle for hot hot hot troll on troll action. I forget the exact mechanics, but it wasn't really (hu)man portal weapon, and had blow through rules if the target didn't have a high enough body.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 1 2009, 04:34 AM
Post #15

The ShadowComedian

ok, we took some liberties with the shape element spells as well . . shape water into ice for example . .
oh, we allowed the edge vehiclke empathy to work on rigged/remote controlled stuff too. so with aptitude for a certain vehicle and a higher rating vehicle control rig in an cyber-limb and adept with attune item to his vehicle could do some really awesome stunts O.o
if we ever had an real rigger-character, we'd probably allow him some more liberties, like the control pool using cyber-reaction instead of purely natrual reaction from quickness and intelligence . . as per the rules, the control pool does not even use the +1 reaction from either suprathoid gland or artwinculation

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Jan 1 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

Best thing ever created by our team was the Neo-retro-techno-punk band called " Big Hammer". They were three dwarves and a Chinese kid who took the Seattle scene by storm before their untimely demise. ( thats what happens when the player who is running the the badazz monowhip wielding adept doesn't make it to the game and the Coyote shaman tries to fill his shoes). Rumor has it the two of the members survived the ensuing blood bath and are still out there making the most Nova Hot remixes of 1990 cover songs ever to hit the matrix.( But then rumor also has it that Dunkelzahn is living in a dumpster behind the Bok Choi noodle house so I wouldn't put much stock in it.) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Ard3
post Jan 1 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,220

Our group did a lot vehicle/drone modding before Arsenal. Basicly, if it was possible to do, resonable mod, the vehicle/drone wasn't already too much modded(GM fiat) and character had skills and tools or contacts to do it then it was possible.
Most memorable mod was steel lynx modded to 8 legs, mmg, grenade hooks(drop only, no room to launcher) and rocket jump engine. It could jump from earth to roof or roof to roof, drop grenades while jumping over alleys and jump on opponents. Our GM calculated the drop damage only once and even never bothered to make resistance roll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)
Just for fun our GM gave it free tapdance manoeuvre.

My favourite custom thing was weapon focus my character got as a reward. It was quauhololli(aztec war club) 70 cm long gnarled piece of wood with 10 cm obsidian sphere at the end.
Stats: Force 1 Dmg str/2+2 Reach 1 AP 0.
Doesn't sound very good, but it had special spell anchored to it. Everytime it hit, it did clout-like spell to target. No damage, but it threw the target several meter through air.
Background was that it was made for Aztec warriorpriest in the previous era of magic. No one knew how it was made and nobody could make another. Bad part of it was that in time it would corrupt the user making him/her fear losing it to paranoid scale and making the user overly aggressive.
With it my str 2 elf could throw trolls and literally smash them into ground. Made me think of Sauron in the beginning of LotR.
Unfortunately campain ended soon after i got it.

After one long game when we had all taken few beers we came up with wierdest piece of cyber I've ever heard of: cyber ass with mortar included. We made almost all stats for it, but nobody wanted it installed. Wonder why....

And for LA games: RunnerTube

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jan 1 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Some things I've taken from the old shadowrun mag Kage and few others from other SR sources and players.

Pain Killer patch for physical damage
Doppleganger "construct" like the one from the original novel trilogy
Initiate power to shape area effect spells: lance and donut shapes
Whip like injector that can be installed in arm or mouth as cyber
Virus to attack the hardware of a hacker similar to the old sparky program
In older editions we had a Devastator ™ ammo, ex ex pretty much fills the role of now
An adapter for turning non wireless devices into wireless ones

+Quote Post
wind_in_the_ston...
post Jan 1 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,332

Back in the SR1 days, our group would occasionally invent house rules or things that would later (coincidentally) see print, like certain totems, or strength-based recoil mods.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jan 1 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #20

Shooting Target

QUOTE (wind_in_the_stones @ Jan 1 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Back in the SR1 days, our group would occasionally invent house rules or things that would later (coincidentally) see print, like certain totems, or strength-based recoil mods.

Seen alot of stuff like happen as well. Uncanny sometimes.

+Quote Post
wind_in_the_ston...
post Jan 1 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,332

Or maybe the house rules were just so obvious, that it should be no surprise that someone else thought of those things too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jan 1 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #22

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

OICW with underbarrel keytar. Wielded by a ninja.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 1 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #23

The ShadowComedian

ok, i have had enough . . someone better tell me what the frag OICW means or the elf gets it . . *pops spurs*

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jan 1 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 1 2009, 02:24 PM) *
ok, i have had enough . . someone better tell me what the frag OICW means or the elf gets it . . *pops spurs*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_Ind..._Weapon_program

OH GOD NOT THE ELF!

Some memory lane photos: http://www.hkpro.com/oicw.htm

EDIT: And here's a cute marketing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA_UnEdoX0...feature=related

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Jan 2 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #25

Running Target

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 31 2008, 09:01 PM) *
Arm-Slasher. Cyber-Ware weapon inspired by Scorpion from Mortal Kombat fame. Based on the oral slasher with more reach and damage for more essence-loss and more money cost.

I did something similar, but simply put a wickedly barbed spear head on the end of an implanted grapple gun for a cyber-forearm. Never got to actually use the character, so never tested for damage or anything.

That does remind me though, our group came up with bioware wings that allowed a character to glide short distances.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.