Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trans-global Ghost Cartels campaign, IC PC discussions
pbangarth
post Jan 6 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

If PCs want to talk to each other publicly, they can do it here.

Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 31 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Jimmi here. There is surveillance, data gathering work available. Johnson says a week or two of low risk observation. My sense is gangs, possibly organized crime are involved, so take that with a grain of salt. I'm calling you because I know you are not 'squeamish'.

Let me know through our secure channel if you are available for a meet with Ms. Johnson. I will inform the team members of the team makeup when I have it.

+Quote Post
Fyndhal
post Jan 31 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,254

Mau contacts Jimmi via secure channels:

"Jimmi, good to hear from you. Any word on if this is a foreign or domestic deal? A couple weeks out of town means I need to make arrangements, but if it's local, then no worries -- count me in."

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 1 2009, 01:00 AM
Post #4

Old Man of the North

Jimmi replies to Mau:

Here in Seattle. You're in.

+Quote Post
Octopiii
post Feb 1 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,758

Fishbreath gets back to Jimmi:

Hoi, chummer, sounds good! We gonna get some ship ta ship action on dis one? My sea legs are gettin' rusty, omae.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 1 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #6

Old Man of the North

Jimmi to Fishbreath:

Particulars are sketchy, just that the job is in Seattle. You're in.

+Quote Post
ChiPsiUp
post Feb 1 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 16,686

Skullcraka to Jimmi, via secured matrix im:

"I'm free, n' can use teh scratch."

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 1 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #8

Old Man of the North

Jimmi to Skullcracka:

I figured as much, Skullcracka. Heard you'd been looking seriously the last week. You're in.

+Quote Post
Knight Saber
post Feb 1 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,720

Lamia replies to Jimmi through her anonymous Matrix link.

"'Low-risk observation' that needs a runner of my caliber and a whole team promises to be anything but boring. I'm available for a meet."

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 1 2009, 06:23 AM
Post #10

Old Man of the North

Jimmi replies to Lamia:

You know it. You're in.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 1 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #11

Old Man of the North

Jimmi to all:

Here's your team for this run: Mau, Fishbreath, Skullcracka and Lamia. I believe there is no need for introductions.

Ms. Johnson wishes to meet you tomorrow night at 21:00 hrs. at Tickler's Strip Club, downtown. She will expect you four.

+Quote Post
Knight Saber
post Feb 2 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

After revealing the findings of her brain probe, Lamia looked up sharply. "My watcher spirit was disrupted" she informed the rest of the team. "That alone isn't hard, but these people are making an Awakened drug that attracts possession spirits that I've never heard of before. We should expect magical security and opposition from here on out. I'll bet that they have some people testing the product themselves as well, so watch out for people who can hurl someone through the air with one hand."

She snorts and a bit of her haughty tone comes back. "That's good advice all the time though."

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 2 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #13

Old Man of the North

News Flash -- News Now, News Every Day -- When it Matters to Know First

A horrific incident took place in the Casbah Night Club, Downtown on 4th near Pike last night around midnight. Eye witness reports suggest a slight, young woman, Mary Hawkins of New York City, was clubbing with friends when she went berserk, wrecking furniture and attacking anyone within reach. Witnesses claim she exhibited superhuman strength, throwing Bobby Courtland, a 350 kg. troll bouncer working that night, fully 10 meters through the air. He remains in critical condition in hospital. Club patrons fled for their lives, but some were trapped in the club by the violence.

Police arrived on the scene and in short order were forced to resort to gunfire to deal with the woman and protect club goers unable to flee. An unnamed but reliable source in the police department reports that 317 bullets were fired at Miss Hawkins. Most shots are alleged to have missed, or even bounced off of her, causing collateral damage among patrons still in the establishment. Unconfirmed reports suggest that some wounds healed almost instantly, right before the eyes of the police and clubgoers. All told, 3 deaths and 17 injuries are reported from the incident. Two other patrons who died remain unidentified until next of kin are notified.

Miss Hawkins was finally stopped when the last 39 bullets found their mark, with an effect that caused at least one veteran police officer to be nauseated. No motive or reason for her violence has been given. The police department is investigating the incident, and gave no comment when asked if this incident is related to others alleged to have been caused by the new drug, tempo, recently introduced into Seattle. Several reports in the last couple of weeks link tempo, an as-yet-unclassified drug, to unexplained and radical behaviour on the part of users.

The club will be closed for repairs until further notice.

More news as it comes available -- straight from us to you.

+Quote Post
ChiPsiUp
post Feb 2 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #14

Target

Skullcracka IM to Fishbreath:

Hey hey! Were 0n the n3ws. [Link] Und3r "club patrons fled for their lives". Anyhoo, n0w I dun regr3t not t4kin s0me flipside. S0unds liek it's m3ssed up. U alright aft3r u l3ft, Fish? Didn't go thr0wing carz 0ff teh freew4y, did u? LOL.

------

Turning the the others still the van, Skull forwards the news flash in case they haven't seen it on their comms yet. "Says here they've got several other reports of strange behavior linked to tempo. I'm gonna run a search, see if I can pull up some of these."

+Quote Post
Octopiii
post Feb 3 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Fishbreath to Skullcracka:

Duuuude!!! U Missed out!! Drek wz sweet! I gotta get dat chick's # Lams knws n prty wt hr!

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 10 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #16

Old Man of the North

From the OOC thread, Knight Saber's post:

Right now, whenever works.

Chiphead: For my 2 cents, we really need some matrix support, and a face.

BTW: Should we plan out how we're going to track the two drug dealers here on the boards? I think it'd save us some valuable time in chat (and let pbangarth plot up dastardly things for us!)

Right now, there's the three of you in the van and me on my motorcycle; we can do it over the commlink. I think we can codger together a plan in the next month. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

From Lamia's mind probe, we know "Alec Littletree has meetings with someone from another gang, and Tommy is a lookout. The meeting place is a Tacoma bar -- you have the location."

We go there, stake the place out, bug the inside with a drone if possible, put a person inside. Mau or the face character we'd recruit for the inside work. Skullcracka's rotodrones can stand by on the outside to tail them once the meeting is over. Lamia handles the astral overwatch and peeks at their magical security.

+Quote Post
Knight Saber
post Feb 11 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Lamia has come around from her mysterious faint and is sharing what she's learned, about how a spirit sampled her astral form before diving into that girl and possessing her... the one who had to be shot with so many bullets. There's a brief, scholarly diversion about possession spirits and how they can make their hosts immune to normal weapons, touching on the fact that the drug must be attracting them and allowing possession, which is normally not so easy. Her sultry mannerisms fall away as she gets into the subject.

After that, she squares her shoulders, chest moving in a provocative fashion. "Now, my spell uncovered many interesting secrets from that bit of scum on the club floor. One of our targets, Alec Littletree, has meetings with someone from another gang, and the other, Tommy is a lookout. The meeting place is a Tacoma bar -- I have the location." She enters the grid coordinates on the group IM chat.

"That's an excellent place to begin. We can go there, stake the place out, bug the inside with a drone if possible, put a person inside. Mau or someone more social can handle the inside work. Skullcracka's rotodrones can stand by on the outside to tail them once the meeting is over. I'll handles the astral overwatch and peek at their magical security. They're involved with a potent Awakened drug, so they are likely involved with magical talent. No one I can't handle, but they don't need handling now..."

+Quote Post
ChiPsiUp
post Feb 11 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #18

Target

[OOC: GM, can Skullcracka find any of those other reports on tempo related disorders? ]

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 11 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #19

Old Man of the North

[OOC] ChiPsiUP, make a Data Search Skill Test for Skullcraka.

+Quote Post
Octopiii
post Feb 11 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Fishbreath, via IM:

Chummrs, we need 2 follww da othr dude fr a wk 2! How we gunna find him? I'm gunna head 2 da bar, and have a look, while u college boyz figger things out

+Quote Post
ChiPsiUp
post Feb 11 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #21

Target

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 11 2009, 05:55 PM) *
[OOC] ChiPsiUP, make a Data Search Skill Test for Skullcraka.

[OOC: Um. How? Is there a dice roller on the forums?]

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 11 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #22

Old Man of the North

QUOTE (ChiPsiUp @ Feb 11 2009, 03:17 PM) *
[OOC: Um. How? Is there a dice roller on the forums?]

No, do it yourself and let me know the results. I trust you. In MapTool there is an online tool that allows everyone to see your rolls, but here as there I am more interested in the story. You can have as much fun as I with a catastrophic roll! Ask Knight Saber.

+Quote Post
ChiPsiUp
post Feb 12 2009, 02:56 AM
Post #23

Target

[OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1936458/ There. Looks like 2 successes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ]

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Feb 12 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #24

Old Man of the North

[OOC] That's a handy little webpage. OK, let me figure out what you learn.

+Quote Post
Fyndhal
post Feb 12 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,254

QUOTE (Knight Saber @ Feb 10 2009, 10:34 PM) *
Lamia has come around from her mysterious faint and is sharing what she's learned, about how a spirit sampled her astral form before diving into that girl and possessing her... the one who had to be shot with so many bullets. There's a brief, scholarly diversion about possession spirits and how they can make their hosts immune to normal weapons, touching on the fact that the drug must be attracting them and allowing possession, which is normally not so easy. Her sultry mannerisms fall away as she gets into the subject.

After that, she squares her shoulders, chest moving in a provocative fashion. "Now, my spell uncovered many interesting secrets from that bit of scum on the club floor. One of our targets, Alec Littletree, has meetings with someone from another gang, and the other, Tommy is a lookout. The meeting place is a Tacoma bar -- I have the location." She enters the grid coordinates on the group IM chat.

"That's an excellent place to begin. We can go there, stake the place out, bug the inside with a drone if possible, put a person inside. Mau or someone more social can handle the inside work. Skullcracka's rotodrones can stand by on the outside to tail them once the meeting is over. I'll handles the astral overwatch and peek at their magical security. They're involved with a potent Awakened drug, so they are likely involved with magical talent. No one I can't handle, but they don't need handling now..."

"I can certainly poke my nose into the bar and keep an ear open while I'm there. Sounds like fun."

[GM: What is this bar like? Go-Gang hang out? Yak club? What can I find out on the chatrooms?]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1937192/

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.