Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions regarding Clairaudience/Clairvoyance & Spirit Bane
Untamed Soul
post Jan 8 2009, 06:04 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,746

Just had a few questions after reading up on a few spells that may pop up in my upcoming mission. Clairaudience & Clairvoyance both have ranges of "Touch" which really restrict their usefulness. Does that really mean that you have to first walk up to someone, touch them, then you get to see/hear from their perspective? I'm sure I'm missing something here just want to hear it in game terms how it can be a touch yet useful as a recon spell.

Another question I had was regarding Spirit Bane. Like other GMs I'm sure, Spirit Bane grants you an opportunity to play on the character's background a bit and maybe make an adventure solely from what the players write on their own sheets.

I was wanting to create a mission to allow a player to rid bane of the their chosen spirit (Beasts), but I'm stuck on what the player might have done to torque off the spirit in the first place.

The player wrote it as their character is clueless to the bane and I allow it, but I'd like to create a reason for my own personal relief.

What reasons would a Beast Spirit hate a Shadowrunner?

Appreciate the feedback and help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HentaiZonga
post Jan 8 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,884

QUOTE (Untamed Soul @ Jan 7 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Just had a few questions after reading up on a few spells that may pop up in my upcoming mission. Clairaudience & Clairvoyance both have ranges of "Touch" which really restrict their usefulness. Does that really mean that you have to first walk up to someone, touch them, then you get to see/hear from their perspective? I'm sure I'm missing something here just want to hear it in game terms how it can be a touch yet useful as a recon spell.

Another question I had was regarding Spirit Bane. Like other GMs I'm sure, Spirit Bane grants you an opportunity to play on the character's background a bit and maybe make an adventure solely from what the players write on their own sheets.

I was wanting to create a mission to allow a player to rid bane of the their chosen spirit (Beasts), but I'm stuck on what the player might have done to torque off the spirit in the first place.

The player wrote it as their character is clueless to the bane and I allow it, but I'd like to create a reason for my own personal relief.

What reasons would a Beast Spirit hate a Shadowrunner?

Appreciate the feedback and help.

Beast Spirits are the spirits of animals. Maybe as a child, he tortured animals, and now animal spirits want to exact revenge. Maybe he wasn't deliberately cruel, but profited in some callous and uncaring way from the suffering of animals.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 8 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #3

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Jan 7 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Beast Spirits are the spirits of animals. Maybe as a child, he tortured animals, and now animal spirits want to exact revenge. Maybe he wasn't deliberately cruel, but profited in some callous and uncaring way from the suffering of animals.

Hmmm... sounds like he followed Raven.

Peter

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 8 2009, 06:35 AM
Post #4

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

QUOTE (Untamed Soul @ Jan 7 2009, 11:04 PM) *

The one who is touched, whether the spellcaster or another, is able to use the power of the spell to see or hear 'from' any location within the range of the spell.

Peter

+Quote Post
Dragnar
post Jan 8 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,638

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 8 2009, 07:35 AM) *
The one who is touched, whether the spellcaster or another, is able to use the power of the spell to see or hear 'from' any location within the range of the spell.

What he said.
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance never let you hear/see stuff from the perspective of other people at all (that would be the borrow sense spell), but from a freely chosen point. You just have to touch whoever you want to benefit from the spell.

+Quote Post
Untamed Soul
post Jan 8 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,746

Now that makes perfect sense... thanks guys.

+Quote Post
Magus
post Jan 9 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,644

So as a child I torched ants with a magnifying glass, I now have Spirit Bane: Ant Spirit?? Cool!!!!

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Jan 9 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

Random Post # 2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.