IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MAD and drones, Can you use gun mods on drones?
BRodda
post Jan 13 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,811

Working on an infiltration type and I'd like to add a few microdrones to him. He has the large smuggling compartments and a gun that MADs won't pick up (plastic rounds in hermetically sealer magazines too.) I'd like to have him carry a microdrone or two, but it will set off the detectors (ever other piece of cyberware he has is street legal or can't be detected without a cyberware scanner).

So can you use gun modification rules to modify microdrones or are you stuck using the vehicle rules?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jan 13 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Physics Fun Fact: magnetic anomaly detectors actually detect electrical field fluctuations, for example the kind caused by wireless communication.

Although to be fair, I do math, comp sci, history, poli sci, and linguistics. Physics is just a hobby for me. =i)

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Jan 13 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

RAW answer, no, good answer, ask your GM. I personally would allow that mod on a small drone, but I know GMs who wouldn't.

+Quote Post
Heath Robinson
post Jan 13 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 15,736

QUOTE (Page 196 @ Unwired)
Commlinks and other electronic devices may be modified by a character without Hardware skill, using the rules for gear modification found on p. 126, Arsenal.

QUOTE (Page 196 @ Unwired)
In addition to the mods noted below, the following options listed under Weapon Modifications on pp. 148-153, Arsenal, may also be applied to electronics: Ceramic/Plasteel Components, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Mod, Gecko Grip, Metahuman Customization, Propulsion System, Skinlink, and Tracker.

Emphasis mine. Microdrones should reasonably count as electronic devices.

+Quote Post
ornot
post Jan 13 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,638

Depending on the drones' loadout, it might be entirely legal to carry them around. Just need a good excuse, and a good social pool.

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Jan 13 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

QUOTE (TheOOB @ Jan 12 2009, 11:40 PM) *
RAW answer, no, good answer, ask your GM. I personally would allow that mod on a small drone, but I know GMs who wouldn't.

QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jan 12 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Emphasis mine. Microdrones should reasonably count as electronic devices.

I'm going to go along with these guys and state that it should reasonably be allowed, just ask your GM. I would allow it in my game.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jan 13 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #7

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

The limiting factor might be the body of, and thus the slots available to, the microdrone. I'm not sure what the slot cost of the non-metallic modifications are, though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.