IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vroombox, Can you think of a reason to use it?
betterwatchit
post Jan 23 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,046

This device is meant to make your car sound like something else. I can think of a reason to use it. You could get something like a Jackrabbit or a Dodge Scoot to sound like a Corvette or a Harley-Davidson. Good for making people freak out when you stick it in something that's electric powered! And I'll bet that a 2070 version will have Matrix connection to download different notes. Imagine a hacker making it sound like someone having sex inside! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Jan 23 2009, 06:27 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (betterwatchit @ Jan 22 2009, 09:23 PM) *
This device is meant to make your car sound like something else. I can think of a reason to use it. You could get something like a Jackrabbit or a Dodge Scoot to sound like a Corvette or a Harley-Davidson. Good for making people freak out when you stick it in something that's electric powered! And I'll bet that a 2070 version will have Matrix connection to download different notes. Imagine a hacker making it sound like someone having sex inside! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Or worse, the hacker takes control of the suspension and while it sounds like people are having sex in the car it starts rocking... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 23 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Make the rigged up piece of metal sound like a dumb little electro-car.
drive up to an ilegal race with it, have the car look like shit and sound the part.
then up the ante, bet on yourself and beat someone with a car that sounds like a truck.
see their faces, take the money, switch off the chameleon-paint and the vroombox and drive away grinning like a loon

+Quote Post
betterwatchit
post Jan 23 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 14,046

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jan 23 2009, 06:27 AM) *
Or worse, the hacker takes control of the suspension and while it sounds like people are having sex in the car it starts rocking... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

Classic! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jan 23 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

i recall hearing about a system like this, years ago. but i never knew it had been turned into a actual product.

would be interesting if it came with a report system, so that one could match driving patterns to car sounds. i swear that if a car sounds like it has a lot of muscle, the driver will be more aggressive in traffic...

+Quote Post
Artemis
post Jan 23 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,803

Go Gangs freaked out by the "invisible" helicopter that shows up when they try and run you off the road.
Or starting up your Scorpion up right under a targets window with the noise of a Tank so they think someones gonna take the wall down

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Jan 23 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

My Jackrabbit is goingt to sound like Ghostwalker is coming this way.

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Jan 23 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,811

QUOTE (betterwatchit @ Jan 22 2009, 09:23 PM) *

There is some fanfic out there where a go gang group of orks had them installed to make their bikes sounds mean (They were electric and therefore the engines didn't make any sound). I can see that being part of the allure. An electric vehicle just just feels like it has no power if you can't hear it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.