IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how do you improve sensor ratings?, modifying drones, the rules are everywhere
Red-ROM
post Jan 28 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,787

I'm scrambling through arsenal and the bbb to modify my vehicles and drones, the one thing I can't find is improving sensors. I can upgrade to a bigger sensor but not change the rating?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Jan 29 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,655

The book you want is Arsenal for figuring out how to modify your drones. However, the first printing of Arsenal was errata'd in regards to Sensor package modification. If you check out the errata for Arsenal over at the main site, you can see (for free!) the rules for Sensor modification (since it was a whole section they completely rewrote), though if you want the really good stuff, you'll have to drop the cash for Arsenal so you can get the really neato sensors.

+Quote Post
Red-ROM
post Jan 29 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,787

thanks man, thats a lot of Errata. almost wish i had waited on buying that book

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Jan 29 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 7,655

No problem. Actually if you read that errata closely, it's not that hard to improve the sensor rating on your drones (except maybe microdrones... though if you get the Improved Sensors modification, it's doable.) I have Sensors 6 on all my vehicles and drones just by getting R:6 radars, sonar systems, and radio signal scanners. It's nice to get your Sensors to 6 because that's half of your pool for Gunnery and Perception when you are jumped in.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 07:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.