Ryu
post Jan 29 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Awakened Asset

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,309

On the updated errata page.

Thank you!

(After a quick scan I´d say "Good job!", too.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jan 29 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

It fixes at least some part of the insanity that is software degradetion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Really should be a -4 Modifier when controlling multiple personas at the same time, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Of course, if p. 109 declares that Open Source doesn't degrade, the box on p. 110 must be changed accordingly.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jan 29 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Didn't even see this announced or mentioned. Did they just sneak this up? hehe

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Jan 29 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

Awhile ago they mentioned that Unwired was going to 2nd printing. Someone asked if there would be errata and Peter said yes. We hadn't heard from it since.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Jan 29 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

Pinched & added to my book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
GreyBrother
post Jan 29 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,162

I'm pleased too with the Errata.
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Jan 29 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Really should be a -4 Modifier when controlling multiple personas at the same time, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I think it's a +4 Treshold Modifier for accomplishing anything... but yeah i agree, it would've been better if they made it -4 to show the lowered potential of the character.

+Quote Post
JoelHalpern
post Jan 29 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,177

They reworded the "Swap" echo very slightly. But my English skills are failing me. Either the change makes no difference, or it (replacing "for threading" by "when threading") makes it clearer that it applies to each and every threading attempt, making this very powerful. Am I blind?

Thanks,
Joel

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 29 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

English is only a foreign language for me, but I think it is the other way around. "When threading" applies once, while the penalty "for threading" can be applied multiple times.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jan 29 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #9

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

got to say, i kinda like the idea of rolling for highest availability and paying the sum of patches.

and that open source and self made never degrade change was interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

the latter makes having the hacker spend time on programming between runs a interesting concept.

especially as he can replace his stockpile of cracked programs with open source ones, and then program up rating 6 ones over time. something tells me that its how fastjack and friends stay of the radar. that and some spoofed lifestyle costs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jan 30 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 29 2009, 10:24 AM) *
Didn't even see this announced or mentioned. Did they just sneak this up? hehe

Yup. I took a half-day yesterday to catch up on various backlog stuff before diving back into the projects-of-doom that are eating all my time lately. So you should be seeing a few small things and updates trickling out over the next couple of days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jan 30 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #11

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Small things trickling out? Sounds like a medical problem. =i)

+Quote Post
Wizard
post Jan 30 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 8,114

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 30 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Yup. I took a half-day yesterday to catch up on various backlog stuff before diving back into the projects-of-doom that are eating all my time lately. So you should be seeing a few small things and updates trickling out over the next couple of days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Would that include an update to the Unwired PDF?

+Quote Post
Amazeroth
post Feb 24 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 16,910

Sorry, to bring that up again, but I am making my first technomancer and trying to understand everything about him.

But I just can't find a concrete answer to one question: It's about the "swap" echoe. Does it affect each threaded CF, so that I will never get a sustain modifier or does it only affect the sum of all sustain modifiers?

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Feb 25 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,707

Swap only reduces the sustain penalty for maintaining a thread by 1 by Errata. So your penalty per is -1 instead of -2.

+Quote Post
ArkonC
post Feb 25 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,483

QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 25 2009, 01:46 AM) *
Swap only reduces the sustain penalty for maintaining a thread by 1 by Errata. So your penalty per is -1 instead of -2.

Unless you take it twice, making it 0...

+Quote Post
Da9iel
post Feb 25 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,367

My understanding is that if I take the echo twice (post errata) and sustain 2 threaded complex forms, I have a -2 to everything (except the two threaded echos). The subtle wording switch has changed it from applying each time I thread an echo to applying only once (per echo) any time I sustain threaded complex forms.

+Quote Post
Andinel
post Feb 25 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,609

I just want to make sure about something with Swap.

Assume I have Swap once.
Pre-errata: I'm sustaining 2 threaded Complex Forms. I take a -3 penalty (-2 penalty per threaded Complex Form, penalty reduced by 1 for Swap)
Post-errata: I'm sustaining 2 threaded Complex Forms. I take a -2 penalty (-1 penalty per threaded Complex Form)

Is this right?

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Feb 25 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 7,655

Seriously, given the karma costs involved in getting Swap twice (30 if you use the optional rule to get echoes seperately, else the cost of two submersions), is it really game-breaking to say that a technomancer can sustain any and all complex forms without penalty? Given how many echoes a technomancer gets within the character's run anyway, giving up two echoes just to do that little trick seems like a pretty hefty cost. Just to make Swap worth it, I'd let the wording be such that it benefits the player (mainly, they don't get sustaining penalties if they take it twice.)

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Feb 25 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

Although the wording was changed, it remains ambiguous enough that either way is a valid interpretation, & no official clarification has been made. Please note that one way, the Echo is worthless, while the other it is far to powerful. Yet another thing that has already been included in my extensive list of house errata.

+Quote Post
Amazeroth
post Feb 25 2009, 06:37 AM
Post #20

Target

Member No.: 16,910

Ok, thanks so far, even if it's not 100% clear.
So, how are you handling it in your house errata, Muspellsheimr, if I may ask?

+Quote Post
Muspellsheimr
post Feb 25 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,706

In this particular instance, the Swap Echo may only be selected once, & reduces the total Sustaining penalty by Submersion Grade. Please also note that my house rules change how Technomancers work to be similar to Awakened, but still distinctly different, and place a maximum of Submersion 5, Resonance 7.

Edit: Also, my house rules & errata are approximately 60% completed at the moment (I know what they are, but have not formatted large sections yet), but due to my upcoming game starting this Thursday or next, will be completed soon. At that time, I will compile & post them here - likely in the Community Projects section.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.