Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Playtesters Wanted, Join the elite, the cool, the super-secret club
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 23 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,508

We're looking for enthusiastic GMs and players to join our Playtesting pool. Playtesters must sign and abide by a Catalyst NonDisclosure Agreement. Playtesters are compensated per CGL policy. If interested, please email info@shadowrun4.com.

A few notes on what we look for in playtesting groups:

• Meet regularly (multiple times a month - generally playtest feedback is required within 2 - 4 weeks of material being received).
  • Have a full playing group. Single playtesters are not needed at this time.
  • Play by the RAW for the playtesting.
  • Able to have both the GM and all the players fill out playtesting reports. Reports should be well-written, offer in-depth reviews, and offer explanations if something is disliked or liked. We need both positive and negative feedback. If something is disliked, alternate versions need to be suggested. At times, several versions of a rule (or rules) will be offered, and feedback on each one should be included.
  • Report promptly and regularly. This includes filling out polls and answering specific questions.
  • Be a good communicator.
  • Be able to stick to your Non-Disclosure Agreement. Every member of the playtest group must sign this.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 23 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

To answer some questions I've received:

Playtest groups should meet at least 2xmonth. Most groups meet 4xmonth. Being able to meet more or play for longer sessions when material is available is ideal.

Reports should come from the GM. However, each player needs to provide feedback as well. The GM is responsible for compiling all her/his players' reports into one document, providing more in-depth feedback from the GM point of view, and communicating with me. The GM is also responsible for answering polls and questions, although he/she should ask his/her players for their answers and input those as well (or answer as a group). Reports are emailed as one document.

Playtesters review both rules and adventures. Rules can be inserted into a current game, tested in a special one-shot game, or simply run through over pizza and beer (invite me, please). As an example, look at the Lifestyle rules in Runners Companion and think of how your group would playtest those.

[for the person who asked, here you go]

Playtester behavior in public forums like, ahem, Dumpshock. Yes, you will be a role model for young and impressionable minds, and as such should live your life with higher purpose. Be kind to children and small animals, help the elderly across the street, always hold doors for ladies, and avoid flame wars on Dumpshock. More specifically, playtesters are privy to upcoming material—sometimes six months or more prior to release (or announcement). Playtesters cannot post anywhere regarding the confidential material they have seen. Nor should playtesters post in generalities, i.e., “I’ve seen the coolest upcoming project.� It’s a fine line to walk (or type) and yes, it will impact your posting on dumpshock. Honest truth, omae. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
darthmord
post Feb 23 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 11,548

Would love to but there aren't any SR groups that I have found in the Hampton Roads area (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Hampton, & Newport News) in Virginia.

Been many a year since I had my last SR fix... and that was back in SR2. Cut my teeth on SR1 (DIAF Staging).

+Quote Post
Method
post Feb 23 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #4

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Out of curiosity, what is your timeframe? When do you anticipate letting people know if they will be asked to play test?

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Feb 23 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

Dare I get my hopes up that this is the early stages of 5th edition?

+Quote Post
Phylos Fett
post Feb 24 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #6

Not a Moderator

Member No.: 904

QUOTE (Catsnightmare @ Feb 24 2009, 09:53 AM) *

So soon? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

I'm going to cut this off at the pass. This thread is for people interested in playtesting Shadowrun 4th Edition. If you want to discuss anything but playtesting Shadowrun 4th edition, please do so... elsewhere. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Method @ Feb 23 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Out of curiosity, what is your timeframe? When do you anticipate letting people know if they will be asked to play test?

Immediate, and soon. People who express interest by contacting info@shadowrun4.com will be given the opportunity to provide us with a "test" playtest. Based on that "test" we'll let people know if they are accepted. There are limited openings so please contact us soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If you are interested, in your email please describe your group a bit so we can get to know you.

+Quote Post
ICPiK
post Feb 24 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,909

sounds sweet how do i get more info... my group plays every sun.

ICPiK

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (ICPiK @ Feb 23 2009, 09:09 PM) *
sounds sweet how do i get more info... my group plays every sun.

ICPiK

If interested, as said above (and on Shadowrun4.com), please email info@shadowrun4.com with the subject line “Playtesting� and include some information about your gaming group [number of players, how often you play, what other games you play, that sorta stuff].

If you have questions, you can post them to this thread so everyone can benefit from the answers... or you can include specific questions in your email to info@shadowrun4.com.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Feb 24 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,709

I'm interested. I'll need to run it by the group before I commit though.

Carl

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Feb 24 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

I shot you an email. how soon do you expect to get back to us?

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Feb 24 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

I thought the GM in the group had to be a Commando/Agent/whatever the heck they are called this week to become a playtester?

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 24 2009, 04:37 AM) *
I thought the GM in the group had to be a Commando/Agent/whatever the heck they are called this week to become a playtester?

No. The Shadowrun playtesters are separate from Missions.

+Quote Post
JFixer
post Feb 24 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,727

Very interested. I have a group that plays every saturday.

We're Ozzie too, so... new perspective perhaps?

I know introducing people to the idea of dystopian Seattle has been a hoot. We're rotating GMs this weekend to play a game set in Paris, France. Gonna rob the Louvre.

-J2

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Feb 24 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Feb 24 2009, 11:48 AM) *
No. The Shadowrun playtesters are separate from Missions.

Which is *also* separate from the demo team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Feb 24 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Feb 24 2009, 08:45 AM) *
Which is *also* separate from the demo team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Can we get some Venn Diagrams? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (JFixer @ Feb 24 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Very interested. I have a group that plays every saturday.

We're Ozzie too, so... new perspective perhaps?

I know introducing people to the idea of dystopian Seattle has been a hoot. We're rotating GMs this weekend to play a game set in Paris, France. Gonna rob the Louvre.

-J2

Email your interest at info@shadowrun4.com. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Mercurian
post Feb 24 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 16,796

What is the deadline for the 'audition'? I'm going to have to commandeer a session or two to make this happen.

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 24 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mercurian @ Feb 24 2009, 07:09 PM) *
What is the deadline for the 'audition'? I'm going to have to commandeer a session or two to make this happen.

March 10th. Part of the "audition" is seeing how quickly your group can turn around feedback.

For those who wonder what the "audition" refers to, we've had such an overwhelmingly positive response that we are having potential groups audition for us (ie, submit a sample playtest report). No singing or dancing required. I do believe I've responsed to everyone who submitted an email to info@shadowrun4.com prior to 8 AM (Pacific) today. If you submitted your email after that, I'm still working on it.

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Feb 24 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Feb 24 2009, 03:31 PM) *
No singing or dancing required.

But chocolate is still welcome, right?

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 25 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #22

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (BlueMax @ Feb 24 2009, 06:47 PM) *
But chocolate is still welcome, right?

I can bake cheesecake. I can bake probably the best cheesecake you've ever had.

+Quote Post
Speed Wraith
post Feb 25 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,900

QUOTE (Catsnightmare @ Feb 23 2009, 06:53 PM) *

Gah! The last thing I need is to drop yet another game because they put out yet another needless edition, don't scare me like that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 26 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #24

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Speed Wraith @ Feb 25 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Gah! The last thing I need is to drop yet another game because they put out yet another needless edition, don't scare me like that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

5th edition I'm going to put the date as December 24th, 2011 just in time for Christmas.

(Evidence: there are 7 years between each SR edition and SR4 came out in 2005, putting the next edition at 2012, but I think they might push it forward a little for...obvious reasons).

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Feb 26 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 26 2009, 03:18 AM) *
5th edition I'm going to put the date as December 24th, 2011 just in time for Christmas.

(Evidence: there are 7 years between each SR edition and SR4 came out in 2005, putting the next edition at 2012, but I think they might push it forward a little for...obvious reasons).

/puts on mom hat/

Boys, we're discussing 4th edition playtesting. Stick to the topic or go to your rooms.

/takes off mom hat/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.