Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crater Lake, What's the story?
the_real_elwood
post Mar 6 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,349

So I was just flipping through Target: Awakened Lands and looked over the bit in there about Crater Lake. Is there any more up-to-date information about Crater Lake or what exactly caused the Tir government to cordon the place off?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Mar 6 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Mar 5 2009, 11:21 PM) *
So I was just flipping through Target: Awakened Lands and looked over the bit in there about Crater Lake. Is there any more up-to-date information about Crater Lake or what exactly caused the Tir government to cordon the place off?

I totally forget what the shadow talk was in the previous edition, I'll try to track it down.

+Quote Post
TheForgotten
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,888

Not that I know of but I was looking through Shadows of North America the other day and am wondering, has that book been dropped from the cannon? It looks like WK tried to set up a bunch of plot threads that have since been abandoned.

+Quote Post
TheForgotten
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,888

Not that I know of but I was looking through Shadows of North America the other day and am wondering, has that book been dropped from the cannon? It looks like WK tried to set up a bunch of plot threads that have since been abandoned.

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Mar 6 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

The ebb started when Aina let through the other horrors while vanquishing Ysgraithe. Or perhaps that made the lake came to life, and then the ebb started. It was an act of supreme blood magic. I think. It's been a while since I read worlds without end.

+Quote Post
raggedhalo
post Mar 6 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,515

Read the novel Worlds Without End, I think that covers it.

I've not read it in years either so I can't really help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 6 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

QUOTE (TheForgotten @ Mar 5 2009, 10:20 PM) *

Which specifically were you looking at? Are you talking about Tir's rebellion? 'Cause that happened, the elven nobles got the boot - ending up in Seattle, natch. Likewise Tsimshian's collapse, Ute's collapse, the New Rev, Siato... Actually, I can't think of one they didn't bring to a conclusion or progress somehow, at the moment. Some of them could have been handled better, IMO, and I guess bringing to a conclusion is a type of abandonment.

+Quote Post
AllTheNothing
post Mar 6 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,537

I think that Crater Lake might not be dead, just brewing.
It was covered in Street Magic (a reference along to other such as the Watergate Rift) and in the login page of Arsenal there's a line among the news that may have a meaning, it might mean nothing as well thought.

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Mar 6 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

Here's a review/synopsis of Worlds Without End from DV8's site. However I hear that novels are not considered, by some on the dev team, to be in-canon so take what you read with that in mind.

What we know:
1. Crater Lake was cordoned off by the Tir Military.
2. Weird geometric shapes were spotted floating over it.
3. Said weirdness dissipated.
4. More weirdness started up again and there have been on-again, off-again cordons thrown up.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Mar 6 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

A long, long time ago, the Humanis local branch started hunting the shapeshifters. The shapeshifters asked Tamanous for protection. They had some sort of meeting, where the bear decided to leave the Humanis control of the district. Because of a personal feud with the eagle, the wildcat betrayed and sided with the Humanis cell leader. The Humanis hired a runner to abduct the bear, but he failed. Then Tamanous blew up the top of the mountain where the Humanis headquarters was, and it left a crater, which is Crater Lake.

At least, that's what the Cow Creek tribe used to tell.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:54 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.