IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catalyst Game Labs Celebrates 20 Years of Shadowrun!, 20th Anniversary Edition
Adam
post Mar 11 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

FASA Corporation launched what would become one of the best selling RPGs of all time in 1989. While building off of the blocks laid by the emerging dystopian future-cyperpunk genre, Shadowrun took a very different route by slamming that concept head-on into traditional fantasy elements of dragons, magic and fairy folk.

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook

To celebrate 20 years of this seminal RPG, Catalyst Game Labs is pleased to announce the Shadowrun, Fourth Edition 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook, which includes a host of upgrades for any Shadowrun player.
  • A cover-to-cover full-color treatment allows for a stunning presentation of all the visuals Shadowrun has to offer.
  • While fully compatible with all Fourth Edition-published books, much of the information has been re-presented for better usability.
  • To make this the ultimate core rulebook resource for the entire Shadowrun game line, a 22 page Master Index has been generated and included, covering the 20th Anniversary Edition, as well as the following core rules expansions: Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Street Magic, and Unwired.

Never has a core rulebook been so fully meshed with its full line of expansion rulebooks; check out the PDF previews of all this great book has to offer!

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook Previews

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook PDF and Pre-Orders

(If you bought the SR4 PDF from BattleCorps.com or DriveThruRPG.com in the past, check your email for a limited-time coupon for the SR4 Anniversary Edition!)

Runner's Toolkit

To continue the Shadowrun celebration, several anniversary projects are in the works. The next is the Runner's Toolkit, a box set of tools that any runner or GM will find useful for any type of game play. The Toolkit contains the following:
  • A deluxe, 4-panel hard-cardboard GM screen featuring a stunning full-panoramic illustration of Seattle.
  • A 32-page booklet of additional sample contacts and adventure seeds.
  • On The Run, a 56-page "first run".
  • Anatomy of a Shadowrun, a fictional account of a shadowrun, annotated with how game rules apply to the fictional run; a perfect "first-time-player" companion.
  • Big Book of Tables, a 64-page booklet drawn from Shadowrun Fourth Edition as well as all five core rules expansions for an easy-to-use guide when trying to equip your characters with the latest and greatest during character creation.
  • The Pre-generated Auxiliary Character and Kit System (PACKS) allows players and gamemaster's alike to quickly assemble player and non-player characters using plug-and-play character profiles and equipment kits.
  • 6 heavy cardstock, double-sided reference sheets provide quick and easy reference for a variety of tasks, from how to resolve combat, to hacking, to summoning and more.

And that's just the beginning. Other 20th Anniversary projects, along with a full line of supporting Shadowrun books, will release throughout the year. Look here for more announcements in the future!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Mar 11 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,856

Thanks for the update Adam! I'm excited to get my wallet out for this!

+Quote Post
raphabonelli
post Mar 11 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 11,747

My original 4th Ed. Core Rulebook is kind of breaking apart... i guess this will be an amazing substitute. The book look gorgeous.

BTW. It's nice to see Sam Fischer on the cover. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Mar 11 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

QUOTE (Demerzel @ Mar 11 2009, 10:43 AM) *
Thanks for the update Adam! I'm excited to get my wallet out for this!

My wallet cries, as it has little money left in it, and I already have a core rule book.

Interesting to note, however, is that chemistry has officially become an active skill

Edit: What's the diffrence between the regular edition and the Limited one?

+Quote Post
kanislatrans
post Mar 11 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: The corner of Detonation Boulevard and Fascination Street
Member No.: 14,464

much grass, Omae!

Very pretty! probly going for the combo again. but now I have to decide which one....ya'll are evil, ya know that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Synner
post Mar 11 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 185

More will be revealed in coming previews, but rest assured the Anniversary Edition has plenty of additional content. Besides the enhanced layout, new full-color artwork, the SR4 Core Master Index, and updated errata... some of the bonus content includes all new short stories, several advanced rules incorporated in the core book, multiple rules tweaks (these will be released as errata) and the entire timeline/contents advanced to 2072.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Mar 11 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,709

Ah man, killed Battlecorps (I'm getting a blank page after clicking on Confirm Order). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Carl

+Quote Post
Sma
post Mar 11 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 282

Will the Limited Edition be available in Germany as well?

+Quote Post
darthmord
post Mar 11 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 11,548

Hmm... gonna have to buy this one I think. Might be able to convince the Mrs to let me get the full monty package.

+Quote Post
Vairdic
post Mar 11 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 7,055

We're experiencing technical difficulties.

Our Technomancer has been alerted.

+Quote Post
Vairdic
post Mar 11 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 7,055

And he has fixed the problem!

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Mar 11 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,709

Got my copy! Thanks.

Carl

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 11 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

Looks good.

Reminds me of the CoC 21st anniversary edition...
...A rulebook that seems right for the material contains.

As much as I complain about SR4, this looks very good.

Very pleased to see "old" archetypes...
...And nice to see a complete history and complete index.

Am I right in that amended PDF versions will be available free to me, now I've got the PDF version ??

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 11 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Correct.

+Quote Post
Eugene
post Mar 11 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,625

Looks awesome! I've got two questions - what's the diff between the limited and regular editions? And will I be able to order the limited edition through my FLGS?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 11 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner

The Limited Edition will be individually numbered and have a spiffy special cover. You'll be able to get it in your FLGS, but only if they are diligent about ordering copies when they're made available; once they're gone, they're gone.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 12 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #17

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Sma @ Mar 11 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Will the Limited Edition be available in Germany as well?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 12 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #18

Prime Runner

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be; if German stores order it, they'll get it. I'll double-check with Dave to be sure.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 12 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #19

Prime Runner

For those curious, here's the entire thing, eating up half my coffee table just as greedily as it's been eating half my desk for the last few weeks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamjury/3347003377/

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Mar 12 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

Please tell me that the big picture we see on the SR4 website is the cover! That is the sort of thing that will catch eyes!
I so need to get one of the LE books..*divertign funds from my gen-con savings to get it...*

+Quote Post
Ayeohx
post Mar 12 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,402

Is the pdf out already?! And any idea when the book is coming out? My birthday is April 2nd and all I want is this freakin book. Heck, I may splurge for the limited. Give me some good news.

Also, is the only thing that comes with the limited edition a different cover and a number? Is it signed? Anything else?

Thanks!!!!

+Quote Post
Xerxos
post Mar 12 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 15,983

What exactly is PACKS? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/question.gif)

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Mar 12 2009, 02:10 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 11 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Please tell me that the big picture we see on the SR4 website is the cover! That is the sort of thing that will catch eyes!
I so need to get one of the LE books..*divertign funds from my gen-con savings to get it...*

That would be the front of the cover, yes. That piece of art is continued on the back, so you only see 1/2 the gorgeous art in the preview. Oh, and you see it again in the brand-new full length intro fiction, which happens to tell the story of the picture...

+Quote Post
Tiger Eyes
post Mar 12 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,508

QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Mar 11 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Is the pdf out already?! And any idea when the book is coming out? My birthday is April 2nd and all I want is this freakin book. Heck, I may splurge for the limited. Give me some good news.

Also, it the only thing that comes with the limited edition a different cover and a number? Is it signed? Anything else?

Thanks!!!!

If you want it signed, come to GenCon. Several of the authors (and maybe some of the artists) will be there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Mar 12 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

The map of North America is the goddamned bomb! Leaving the 5th World state, province, and national borders on the map is precisely the right thing to do. Now I can tell at a glance territory ended up in which nation.

I apparently missed the memo where the Yucatan became its own nation, though...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.