IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1982 Ramcharger from Lone Wolf McQuade, statting?
Wounded Ronin
post Mar 21 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

Last night I watched Lone Wolf McQuade again in order to glean more of its wisdom.

I did some internet research and apparently the vehicle driven by Chuck Norris is a 1982 Ramcharger. Apparently 1982 Ramchargers have onboard bleeping button consoles that make them go very fast and puts enough power to the wheels such that the Ramcharger can drive out from being buried underground in the desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkyi1_l6po

So, a couple of questions come to mind:

1.) The thing where Norris pushes a button on his dash, it bleeps, and then we see a seperate cutscene of the engine going crazy...is that a theoretical specific customization that people were discussing back in the 80s? If so, can anyone explain what the basic idea or theory behind that is?

2.) How would you stat the 1982 Ramcharger in a game of SR?

3.) Can Pearl beer be used as motor oil?

EDIT: 82 Ramcharger pictures: http://rides.webshots.com/album/226480815YGlloD

EDIT 2: If I had unlimited money and influence, I'd buy the rights to Lone Wolf McQuade, and then I'd pay Warren Spector 10 million dollars to make the ultimate Lone Wolf McQuade open-ended video game with seamless transitions between martial arts mode, shooting mode, and driving mode. However, since you'd be playing Chuck Norris, the game would default with god mode on, and you'd actually need a code to turn it off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yorks6988
post Mar 21 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 16,975

NITROUS!!

+Quote Post
Link
post Mar 22 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,180

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Mar 21 2009, 04:01 PM) *
EDIT 2: If I had unlimited money and influence, I'd buy the rights to Lone Wolf McQuade, and then I'd pay Warren Spector 10 million dollars to make the ultimate Lone Wolf McQuade open-ended video game with seamless transitions between martial arts mode, shooting mode, and driving mode. However, since you'd be playing Chuck Norris, the game would default with god mode on, and you'd actually need a code to turn it off.

Until then you could play The Adventures of Bayou Billy which Wikipedia describes thus
The game is primarily a side-scrolling beat-em-up, but includes driving and shooting segments.

Bayou Billy shares some resemblance to McQuade and drives a 4WD.

PS What is the nature of the relationship between McQuade and the Mexican "kid" as seen in the youtoob clip?

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Mar 23 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Link @ Mar 21 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Until then you could play The Adventures of Bayou Billy which Wikipedia describes thus

Bayou Billy shares some resemblance to McQuade and drives a 4WD.

PS What is the nature of the relationship between McQuade and the Mexican "kid" as seen in the youtoob clip?

Bayou Billy isn't nearly as badass as Chuck Norris. Seriously, he feels kind of wimpy and fragile when you play that game.

The Mexican-looking guy wearing the Texas State Police uniform was a rookie cop assigned as Chuck Norris' partner by a Texas Ranger captain who thought it would be the politically correct image-conscious thing to do. At first Norris' character rejected him but as time went on he became kind of like a mentor figure to the rookie.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Mar 23 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #5

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Mar 21 2009, 11:01 AM) *
3.) Can Pearl beer be used as motor oil?

I haven't seen Pearl beer specifically, but I do home brew and have been studying biodiesel. As far as I am aware, most beers would not function well as a lubricant (they're not nearly viscuous enough, plus they can have carbonation and/or particles of things like yeast, which are not friendly). I think the better question is, what is McQuade drinking that has the properties of motor oil?

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Mar 24 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

QUOTE (nezumi @ Mar 23 2009, 09:42 AM) *
I haven't seen Pearl beer specifically, but I do home brew and have been studying biodiesel. As far as I am aware, most beers would not function well as a lubricant (they're not nearly viscuous enough, plus they can have carbonation and/or particles of things like yeast, which are not friendly). I think the better question is, what is McQuade drinking that has the properties of motor oil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Beer

Many who have tasted Pearl before and after the Pabst merger claim the formula has changed, customers say today’s Pearl tastes like a weaker version of Budweiser. Officially though, Pabst claims the formula used for today's Pearl is the same that was originally bought by the San Antonio Brewing Association back in 1886.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Mar 25 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I refuse to believe McQuade drinks something as soft as mild pilsners. I have to suspect he just reused the cans to avoid upsetting people as he chugs containers of rocket fuel.

+Quote Post
Cardul
post Mar 25 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,006

Remember: Walker Texas Ranger is nothing more, nor anything less, then a series version of Lone Wolf McQuaide (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Mar 27 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 25 2009, 09:36 AM) *
Remember: Walker Texas Ranger is nothing more, nor anything less, then a series version of Lone Wolf McQuaide (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Oh yeah, my understanding is that they had to settle over it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.